Tuesday, March 31, 2009

WEEKEND KONADS

This weekend I had to opportunity to do some konading on my mom and sister. I thought you all might be interested in seeing the results of our couple of hours of nail painting we did :)

First up we have my little sister Brandi's nails:




I forgot the name of the China Glaze I used for the base color. It is a dark pink/magenta color. And then we used the hounds tooth pattern and stamped her nails in gold using China Glaze - Passion.





This was the original koni we did, but Brandi wasn't too fond of the light lavender base color, so this one was removed. I used China Glaze - Agent Lavender for the base color and then stamped the swirl pattern using China Glaze - LOL.

Next up is my mom's toes. We added a simple design to her already painted toes. The base color on the toes is Sally Hansen Salon - Pick a Pink. The color I used to stamp was China Glaze - Passion.






Then for my mom's hands I got to pick the colors and the stamps!!! I thought purple and gold would be perfect, lol!! I think my mom was starting to get a little worried at this point, of course I assured her that she could come back in a few days if she didn't like it and we would do something she liked on her nails.

Despite my best efforts (lol - just kidding) this really turned out nice!! The base color is China Glaze - LOL and the stamped butterflies design is done in China Glaze - Passion.

After all that - I didn't even feel like doing my own nails - lol!

6 comments:

contests and such said...

I wouldn't feel like doing my own nails either after that either! I love the swirl pattern, it looks awesome! You should totally start charging! LOL!

Helen said...

I agree with Nessa, you should start charging :)
I like all of them!
Are your sis and mom intrigued by nail art?

Inge said...

Wow, love them all. Fantastic!

Brooke said...

NESSA - We did spend at least 2 hours doing nails - lol. I should start charging, huh!

VANESSA - I think they like it when I do it to them, but other than that, not really. My little sister maybe. I might be converting my mom though, she was awfully pleased with her toes.

PIXIE - Thanks! Are you next??

Lucy said...

Beautiful job on all nails. I love the manicure your sister didn't care for. Great job.

Brooke said...

LUCY - Thank you. I liked that one too, but I think the lavender was just to light for her tastes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
This policy is valid from 07 December 2009


This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact getchanailsdid@yahoo.com.


This blog does not accept any form of cash advertising, sponsorship, or paid topic insertions. However, we will and do accept and keep free products, services, travel, event tickets, and other forms of compensation from companies and organizations.

This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.


To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org