Monday, March 16, 2009

PEDICURE & PRODUCT REVIEW

I was given the opportunity to try out a product for review (I LOVE THAT!) from Lisa Cocuzza of It's A Glam Thing. Lisa has sent several great products my way for review and I love her for that :) Here is what It's A Glam Thing is all about per their website:

It's a Glam Thing offers services including VIP gift bags, on-line, consumer & newspaper publication reader give-aways and event sponsorship. You'll find It's a Glam Thing give-aways in publications such as 101 Hairstyles, Staten Island Parent, Complete Woman, Sophisticates Hairstyle Guide, Today's Black Woman, Redbook and more. Fashion, beauty, accessory and health items are included in our bevy of gifts. If you are a company looking for introductions to mass audiences and elevated hype, a product junkie or fashionista looking to see what's hot and how to stay on top of the trends or a consumer trying your luck at winning great gifts, we're here for you.

The product that I have for you today is BE SILKY Callus Spray with Tea Tree Oil made by VB Cosmetics. Here is some info about this product:

Experience Luxury at its best. Be Silky's unique formula gently prepares rough, dry callus build-up while delivering advanced hydration. This revolutionary Callus Spray penetrates deeply enabling your to simply file or buff away extra callus build-up to reveal smoother, healthier skin.

Directions: After soaking, generously spray Be Silky to callused skin area only, with nozzle no more than 2 inches away. Wear gloves during process or rinse hands well after application. Allow to absorb 3 to 5 minutes before filing or buffing excess callus growth. Repeat if necessary. Wash treated area and other contacted areas with water within 10 minutes. Use VB Cosmetics' Heels and Elbows Cream moisturizing daily to assist in preventing callus build-up.

Ingredients: Water, urea, glycerin, allantoin, aloe vera (aloe barbadensis), citric acid, sodium citrate, PEG-40 hydrogenated castor oil, tea tree oil (melaleucaalternifolia), FD&C Yellow 5, phenoxyethanol and ethylhexylglycerin.
Never Tested on Animals!
I also took this opportunity to go through the steps I take when giving myself a pedicure. So let's get started!

These are the basic tools that I normally use when doing a pedicure on myself or someone else.

My nail polish choices for my pedicure. I wanted something really blingy.

I added Avon's Footworks - Conditioning Foot Soak to the water and some Lavender Foot Salts. This is a foot soaker with heat and massage. I bought this ages ago at Sally's and the heat no longer works on it. If anyone knows any good brands of these and where you got it from I would love to hear about. Just let me know in the comments section.

AAAhhhhhhhhh! I usually let my feet soak in the water 10-15 minutes.

Brush - Brush - Brush

I then dry my feet off.



I sprayed this liberally on both of my heals where my feet were rough. I let this soak in for about 5 minutes. I had some small "cracks" in my heals that I wondered if this might sting when I sprayed it on. It did not. It felt as though I was just spraying water on, I had no stinging sensation at all. Be Silky has no strong odor either. I would say Be Silky seemed to have a very light, pleasant scent to it.
This block is what I chose to use to "buff" my heals with after letting the Be Silky soak in.
You can really see the cracks in my heal that I referred in this picture. This took about 10 minutes per foot. The rough pieces of skin just kind of rolled off. There was quite a bit of dead, rolled up skin as you can imagine, so make sure you do this over a towel or newspaper to make clean up a breeze. There was no irritation while buffing my callus' away :)
You can really see the improvement Be Silky made to my heals in this picture. I was very impressed with Be Silky at this point! To comapre Be Silky to the Ped Egg, which is what I normally use, I would say that Be Silky has a slight advantage. I felt that my heals just had a much smoother look AND feel than when I have used the Ped Egg. I would also say that Be Silky doesn't take but maybe a few minutes more than using the Ped Egg since you do have the initial step of spraying and letting it soak in, but what's an extra 3-5 minutes? Plus Be Silky has Tea Tree oil, so that's a BIG plus in my book. I am pretty rough on my feet, so any extra moisture I can put into them is nice.

You do have to rinse Be Silky from your hands and feet after use. I still had my foot tub filled with sudsy water, so that is what I used to rinse both hands and feet.
Now it's time to start beautifying these babies :) First I used Sally Hansen Instant Cuticle Remover on all my toes.

Then I used my metal cuticle pusher and pushed all those pesky cuticles back where they belong and got rid of all the dry, dead pieces.
You can either cut or file you toe nails at this point. I usually file mine. I like a longer toe nail, I like something to actually show off all my cute nail polish. These were just a tad bit longer than I usually let my toenails get, so I did clip these down first and then file them.
Ta-Da! Nicely shaped toenails!

Next, it is time to moisturize! I chose Avon Foot Works Deep Moisture Cream. I rub this all over my feet, toes and heals.

Those are pretty enough to KISS :P lol

My heals look SO much better than when I started!


Now it's time to polish those toes! I used Seche Base Coat.
I forgot to put my toe separators on, so these went on after the base coat, whoops!
I used painted one coat of Carolyn NY - Black Out in the Bronx.
Then I painted 3 coats of Pure Ice - Spit Fire. I really wanted this to be blingtastic, and the black first coat really made the glitter in Spit Fire bling!

These are those flippers I was telling you all about last week. I got these at Gordman's for $4.99! They are holo purple with black animal print. They also had three other colors of these. I got the silver ones too!

My heals look fantastic! I couldn't be more pleased with how well Be Silky worked!

Be Silky can be purchased for $10 straight from VB Cosmetics website, found HERE. Be Silky Callus Spray also comes with Lemon Grass if you don't want the one with Tea Tree oil. I totally recommend this product. Be Silky did everything it claimed it would. I think $10 is a reasonable price for this product, and I can see this bottle lasting me for quite some time.
Bottom line, I give this product two big toes up!
Have any of you ever tried this product before? What do you use to remove hard, rough callus' on your feet and heals?

13 comments:

contests and such said...

I have used the PediEgg and I really don't like it. This seems like a great product! It looks like rough parts on your feet just fell off! I usually don't take care of my piggies as well as my fingies (lol)! I usually just remove what I have on and do some clipping and that's it. I need to take care of them better since summer is on its way!
Great color!

Inge said...

Ohhh, that looks nice. You have pretty feet too. My big toes are gigantic lol. Only thing you need now is those bacon flip flops :D

Rai said...

Wow that's awesome. $10 isn't expensive either.
Your nails are too cute!!

Becky said...

What flip flops are you wearing in the pics? They look equally blingtastic as your toes.

Brooke said...

NESSA - I LOOOOVED the pedegg until I used this. This product is just so much better. I hope I expressed to you all how great this one really is, I truly love this!

PIXIE - Thanks missy! What is it with your giant thumbs and giant big toes ? lmao :)

RAI - It is worth the $10, and even though it is just an ounce, this will last for a long time. Thanks!

DATURA - Those are my cute flippers I was telling you all about! I got them at Gordmans for $4.99! They are purple holo with black animal stripes - does it get any better?

Smoochiefrog said...

You are so brave! I would never post pics of my toes, even after a professional pedicure! Some things are just not meant to be seen, ever. :)

This sounds like a great product. I may have to check it out.

Brooke said...

SMOOCH - I really don't have any problems with feet, but I know others do. I am one who likes feet when they are taken care of.

You should check the product out. You will be impressed.

Lucy said...

Let us know if the product still keeps working. I know I would rather soak, spray and wash then scrub with the egg. This sounds and looks much easier. Sometimes I do to much scrubbing on the heels and they are sore. I get dry heels also. I do use creme on them day and night. Nice pedicure! Love the blingy black.

Brooke said...

LUCY - I did feel like this product was really nice. You can use the ped egg to much and end up hurting your feet, with this, I don't really see a way that you could do that, unless you used something really rought to buff your feet with. Which, as I showed, you don't need something really rough, I just used that buffer and my heals looked wonderful!

yummy411 said...

wow up close and personal with you. i'm glad you did this post though. i have a bit of confidence to do my own pedi now!! great post!

Brooke said...

YUMMY411 - Great! It's really easy to make your feet look just as good as if you went to the nail salon to get them done. Not to mention it's way cheaper.

Denise said...

Thanks for this tutorial. I am going to give be silky a try. I enjoy showing off my feet. I actually think that they are cute so I may have to enter your contest. :-) I enjoy reading your blog. I also enjoy the pics of Dinky.

Brooke said...

DENNY - No problem. Please do enter in my contest! I see nothing wrong with feet, I don't really get what the big deal about feet is.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
This policy is valid from 07 December 2009


This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact getchanailsdid@yahoo.com.


This blog does not accept any form of cash advertising, sponsorship, or paid topic insertions. However, we will and do accept and keep free products, services, travel, event tickets, and other forms of compensation from companies and organizations.

This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.


To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org