Friday, March 20, 2009

NUBAR MAGIC BUFFER

I was given the opportunity to try out a great product, through Lisa Cocuzza of It's A Glam Thing and Nubar.


I decided to let my mom be the "hand model" for this product review. I decided this because my nails are much shorter than hers, and my nails are still trying to recover from my acrylics that I took off AGES ago. I did still use this product on myself, I just didn't take pictures of my nails. So Mom, here is your Getcha Nails Did debut!


Nubar's Magic Buffer is a really simple process. I am sure you all have tried those four-way buffers before, or at least something similar to it. This is basically the same thing, only this is just a two step process. You use the printed side to buff your nails first, then you use the white side to shine your nails.


First use this side to buff your nails.
Second, use this side to shine your nails.


This is what my mom's nails looked like before hand (lol, no pun was intended there!). My mom's nails tend to have ridges, so I did use another buffer and went over her nails first to reduce the ridges. If you tend to have ridges on your nails, you really need to buff them first to get the best shine possible.

The hand on the left has NOT been Magic Buffed & the hand on the right has been. This picture may need to be enlarged to show all the shiny details.
A close up of the left hand un-touched and the right hand magic buffed to a glossy shine.

Capturing the true shininess of her nails proved to be more difficult than I thought it would be. The pictures do show the shine to her nails, but I can honestly say you need to times the shine you see by 10!

This blurry pic gives you a little bit better picture of just how shiny her nails became after I used the Magic Buffer on her.



The best picture of the bunch! I think with this one, you truly get an idea of just HOW shiny her nails are!
I found the Magic Buffer to be very easy to use. It fit comfortably in my hand while using it on myself and using it to do my mothers hands. This was a really quick process. The shine still stayed on my hands after a washing and a drying! That is pretty amazing to me. I also liked that this was accomplished with just using two simple steps. I also think that doing this process before applying nail polish is a great idea, since it smooths your nails so nicely. I would recommend this product, I really was pleased with the quickness & ease of use, and of course the results were pretty amazing too.
This product sells for $5.99 and can be purchased from Nubar's website here.

7 comments:

Rai said...

lol. How does your mom like being your nail model?

AND OMG @ THE RESULTS! That's amazing, Brooke! Like seriously.

Brooke, I also was not suppose to buy anymore. haha But 70% off is a good deal! I picked up some polishes, too. I Can't wait!

Rai said...

I found this on flickr.
She has swatches of e.l.f. polishes and other brands. :]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lextard/

Brooke said...

RAI - My Mom didn't mind being the model. She is always hitting me up to do her nails and feet, lol.

The 70% off is EXACTLY why I didn't go to that site, it would make me want to get some, lol!

Anonymous said...

Yay! pretty hands,Mom!

Brooke i love your reviews, simple, to the point and you really get a feel of the product.

This one really works.

Brooke said...

OLGA - Thanks for the comments about the review. I like to know just how I am doing on my reviews, so that helps! :)

Helen said...

Great! Mom did a great job modeling, and the buffer did a great job polishing her nails.
BTW; is that an empty Whiskey glass I spot in the background? After all, it is Friday, no? :D :D
Have a great weekend!

Brooke said...

VANESSA - Thank you. I think it is, but I think there was just water or coke in it, lol, eagle eye! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
This policy is valid from 07 December 2009


This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact getchanailsdid@yahoo.com.


This blog does not accept any form of cash advertising, sponsorship, or paid topic insertions. However, we will and do accept and keep free products, services, travel, event tickets, and other forms of compensation from companies and organizations.

This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.


To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org