Tuesday, March 17, 2009

HAPPY ST. PATTY'S DAY!

Top o' the mornin' (in my best Irish accent)!!



Last night I had no idea what I was going to do for my St. Patty's Day mani, it was literally 9:00 before I even got started on it. The best way I get creative, especially if I don't have an idea already in my head, is to surround my self with all my nail art supplies. I will just start painting nails different colors, trying out my paints, nail art pens, stickers, etc - I got it, I am probably using it! Then when I get a nail that I am happy with, I take it all off and do all of my nails like the one that I liked the most. That is exactly what happened last night, I just played around with some different designs for about 30 minutes.



After deciding on this design, I got to work on it. I knew it was going to take me a while to complete. While not complicated in the least, it was tedious work! I used Misa - Toxic Seduction for the nail color. Toxic Seduction is a dark, forest green with a lighter green shimmer to it. I thought it was gold shimmer, but on further inspection, I really think it is just a lighter green. Next I made my clovers with what I call "tinsel" and glitter dots. I used the tinsel to make the clover stems, and then placed for glitter dots in a square to make the four leaf clover. To do both hands it probably took me 30-45 minutes, but time sure flies when you are having fun :) The hardest part about doing the clover design was messing with those little gold glitters. If one accidentally dropped before I placed it, it was hell getting it to move with out messing up the mani, so not all of my clovers are perfect. Of course unless you are just ZOOMED in on my nails, the slight imperfections are not noticeable in the least.



I am pretty please with this mani. I think it has just the right amount of glint off the gold glitters. I really like the gold against the dark green of Toxic Seduction too.


















Try to ignore that little cut on my cuticle!!











Unless you enlarge this pic, you can't see the nail arts, but I wanted to let the St. Patty's Day crown get in on one last pic :)



I have no plans for today's holiday. Back when I was younger and single, you couldn't keep me home on a holiday such as this. Maybe I should make an all green dinner, lol! OF course that immediately brought to mind that dinner that the mom made in the movie Better Off Dead (one of my ALL time favorite movies- ever!). The mom couldn't cook, and she served up a green blob with raisins for dinner one night, and it literally crawled right off his plate!


I just scanned the Internet for the last 25 minutes trying to find a picture of the green blob from Better Off Dead, and I finally found a pic! YOu can see it has crawled off the plate and is over by the pop can!

  • So do you all have St. Patty's Day plans?
  • What does your St. Patty's Day Mani look like?
  • Does anyone else love the movie Better Off Dead?

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohh I like your design, it looks nice and festive!

I didn't do much design, but I painted my nails with OPI's Green-wich Village and stuck some shamrock decals on a few of my nails.

Anonymous said...

Wow! cute mani, Brooke. I love the look of rhinestones on nails but they can get a bit difficult, can't they?

I sometimes use it to decorate mine but since i'm right handed (can't do anything with my left) i usually do only one...usually the ring finger in my left hand.

The Asian Girl said...

I'm going to the beach during the day and maybe stop by a party tonight. My best friend texted me and asked if a kegger seemed juvenile considering we're 24; but the friends throwing it are pretty immature. No green beer for me, thanks, lol.

My St. Patty's Day mani is at my blog.

Your little shamrocks are adorable! <3

Rai said...

haha. The nails nice.

I'm at home messing with my hair right now.
Trying to go hit up some stores and shop the sales.
I have swapping packages to send out.
My nail polish is chipped. haha
I plan on redoing them today maybe.
I've never seen that movie either.

The Pretty Brown Girl said...

I like the use of the dark green w/the gold shamrocks! That was a cool idea. Very hip!

I just posted my green nails on my blogspot.

I may go to a bar and drink some green beer this evening, but nothing more special than that. Depends on whether or not I'm truly going to be Irish this year. I do have on a green sweater though.


I saw "Better Off Dead" MANY years ago a few times, so I don't remember much about it. My 80s fave is "The Breakfast Club"! :)

Anonymous said...

I just had to comment. I LOVE better off dead. I own it. I just love his friend who is constantly trying to sort everything and ricky dancing... i could go on and on. Thanks for the memories, maybe i'll watch it tonite.

cute nails by the way!

Len

Steph said...

Aww, how cute! I probably couldn't do anything that creative LOL! Happy St. Patty's Day :)

Helen said...

Beautiful! How long did it take? It would probably take me a whole day to make this... ;)

Brooke said...

SAVVY - Thank you! I couldn't find any SPD decals or I would have used them instead of doing this - lol!

OLGA - Thank you. Yes rhinestones are bothersome when it's time to remove them, and since I just used them before I did this, I was wanting something easier to remove.


THE PBG - Thank ya! I checked out your mani, SF is one of my faves. I liked the Breafast Club too.
THE ASIAN GIRL - 24 is still young enough to hit a kegger :)

RAI - Never seen BOD?? YOu better hit a blockbuster girl!

And paint those chipped up nails too :)

LEN - I loved Ricky's mom and Ricky! ANd then when Ricky meets a fellow nerd like him at the end - so stupid, but GOOD stupid :)

STEPH - Thanks for stopping by and checking them out.

VANESSA - It took about 30-45 minutes, not too bad. Thank you :)

contests and such said...

Very cute and creative, Brooke!
What did you use for the 'tinsel'?
You've seen my mani at my blog (Sinful Green Ocean on top of Wet 'N Wild Carribean Frost).
I don't think I have ever seen Better off Dead, it sounds great though.
Have a great holiday (green for dinner<-- cute!)

Smoochiefrog said...

Love Better Off Dead! One of my fave Cusack movies ever! The car is to die for!

Lucy said...

Give yourself an award for some awesome green nails! I have on BB's Poison Ivy. No plans tonight. I'm not feeling to hot in the stomach. Hate beer and beer breath! Wouldn't of minded a whiskey though.

aquaracer said...

oooh, WOW! very purrrrty! you never fail to impress me with your nail designs! Happy St.Paddy's! :)

Brooke said...

NESSA - The tinsel is just a bunch of those little holo foil slivers. I got it at Sally's. I don't know what they are really called, it just looks like mini tinsel to me though.

SMOOCHIE - WHich one the station wagon or the camero? lol - I keed, I keed!

LUCY - Whiskey??? Girl you are much braver than I am! YOu go girl!

AQUARACER - Thanks so much. I went through a spell there where I didn't have much on here in the way of nail art. I am finally getting back into the groove and got some good nail art ideas coming to me. Thanks for the comments, I appreciate them :)

Nixxy said...

Oh I loved "Better off Dead!" I used to love the dancing hamburger best :)
Such a cute mani!

Brooke said...

NIXXY - It was a great movie. I love movies from the 80's!

Thanks :)

Nina said...

Because of you, I became interested in watching Better Off Dead and you're completely right, it was great! Vintage John Cusack = major eye candy! ;)

Brooke said...

NINA - LOL - That makes me happy to know that I converted another Better Off Dead lover!! It really is a great 80's movie :) Thanks for letting me know you watched it and enjoyed it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
This policy is valid from 07 December 2009


This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact getchanailsdid@yahoo.com.


This blog does not accept any form of cash advertising, sponsorship, or paid topic insertions. However, we will and do accept and keep free products, services, travel, event tickets, and other forms of compensation from companies and organizations.

This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.


To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org