Wednesday, March 25, 2009

JUST WALK AWAY RENEE (after you give me my $15 back)

Lippmann - Just Walk Away Renee is a color that was created with Renee Zellweger. JWAR is a really dark, vampy reddish brown shade. I had seen many swatches of this before I got it and it was one I had on my list of wants.

While this is a nice color, I don't really see anything just special about it to warrant the $15 price tag I paid. The formula was really great, I must say. I didn't really have any control problems with this at all. It was just the right amount of thick and thinness (I'm sure you all know what I mean here, right?). I think I might have liked this color better if someone else had applied it to my nails. I don't know about you all, but I have a hard time applying really dark shades like this to my nail. If you don't get the first coat on somewhat even, you will see the unevenness of it when you put the second coat on. All of that is ok, if you plan on putting on a third coat. However, while I like darker shades, I prefer the color I get after only two coats (which is how it looks in the bottle), when you add the third, to me it is just too dark. It loses that gorgeous dark red color and starts heading into the black zone. I did add a third coat to my pinky nail just to show you the darkness I am talking about.


And of course, since this is a dark, shiny color I feel the need to constantly "shine" my nails on my shirt or pants every time it picks up a smudge (like every 5 seconds). Of course that isn't Lippmann's fault, it is a pet peeve I have about all nail polish shades like this.

While I do like this color (at two coats) and the formula is REALLY good, had I borrowed this from someone and used theirs, I would not have spend $15.00 to get my very own bottle.











With Flash - Comparison of two coats to three coats

With Flash, Two Coats

With Flash - Three Coats


No Flash - Two Coats

11 comments:

The Pretty Brown Girl said...

That doesn't look worth the $15 to me, but I tend to be a serious bargain shopper since I have Ike n' Tina (and LilyBelle) over here to care for. I can't justify $15 on polish.

But, I would say that I prefer the darkness of 3 coats. It's just a so-so polish to me. :)

Brooke said...

THE PBG - I prefer the coverage of the three coats I just don't like the dark color of three coats.

And yeah, $15.00 is a little pricey, but like i said I had seen it several times and thought I really wanted this color BAD! lol

Rai said...

A very vampy color. Makes me think of blood. lol But I agree.
$15 is outrageous for a polish. =/

The Asian Girl said...

This reminds me of Essie Wicked, except half-price :P My favorite vampy is priced even higher; Rouge Noir is currently $23 at Chanel.com. I'm really OCD about my dark colors being even, so three coats doesn't faze me anymore.

Velvet said...

I have this same problem opi's lincoln park after dark. My second coat always looks uneven. And then the third coat makes it look more black than what it should be. What a bum deal! I'd be very dissapointed too!

* said...

What a pretty color! I love dark, vampy nails.

Brooke said...

RAI - This color reminds me of, I think it was Streetwear Brand nail polish and the name of the color was "blood", it looks almost the same as this one.


THE ASIAN GIRL - I dont mind doing three coats, but the color changes to much at three coats.

VELVET - Yes!! Someone who knows what I am talking about. I don't own Lpad, but I really like that color. Sounds like i'm not missing out on much though :)

FAITH - I love your pic btw!! It reminds me of an exotic bird! :)

I like vampy nails too, I just like this color a little more on the reddish side.

clockwork said...

Really like the color, but woof that sort of application doesn't warrant the price tag. For a great similar shade I reccomend Black Phoenix Trading Post's Lady Macbeth.

Linda said...

It's a nice color, but I don't know if it's a $15 color. I do like it before the 3rd coat.

Nixxy said...

yum - looks like cherry liqueur! very expensive cherry liqueur!

Brooke said...

CLOCKWORK - I have never heard of that brand before. Where do you get it at?

LINDA - Thanks, I agree.

NIXXY - No, you can't suck on my fingers - lmao!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
This policy is valid from 07 December 2009


This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact getchanailsdid@yahoo.com.


This blog does not accept any form of cash advertising, sponsorship, or paid topic insertions. However, we will and do accept and keep free products, services, travel, event tickets, and other forms of compensation from companies and organizations.

This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.


To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org