Monday, March 23, 2009

OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!

My wonderful FOREVER blogger friend Jen has been working on gathering me up some wonderful goodies that are only available in Japan. Jen volunteered to pick me up a few things when she heard how much I have been wanting these. I couldn't dream of a better friend than that! After a did a little research on this polish brand called TiNS, I found out that it could only be purchased in Japan, and they do not ship to the US. I even tried emailing the company direct, but to no avail., they would not ship to the US. I could not find these on Ebay, either. Believe me when I tell you I S.E.A.R.C.H.E.D. I mean I S.E.A.R.C.H.E.D.!!! I was able to find one lady that would sell them to me, but I felt like she was trying to rip me on the price, she wanted to charge me $17.00 ea and then about $30-$40 on the shipping. Of course I had no way to tell if she was over charging me or not, all I could find on these polishes was in Japanese. Either way, I could not afford nail polish at that price, no matter HOW much I wanted them. I had pretty much given up all hope of ever owning my very own TiNS nail polish.



All of that is a nightmare to me now, since SuperJEN showed up, with a big "PR" (Polish Rescuer) emblazoned on her chest, and to my rescue she came!!! Jen I truly cannot thank you enough for these wonderful polishes you took the time to locate (and found on sale!!!!!!) and ship to me! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! This is honestly the best gift I can remember getting in a long time. It is right up there with my birthday present I got last year - DINKY! Does that tell you how much these mean to me?

The note she sent with my package.



Jen was thoughtful enough to send me my change back, too, although it is of foreign currency! HAHA, I keed I keed! She was thoughtful enough to include this in my package for my son! She thought it would be something he would enjoy taking to show and tell! How sweet and thoughty (my mom's way of saying thoughtful) is that? He will love these!


Jen also included the cutest little erasers for my son too! The ones on the top are Sushi, the ones in the middle are noodles with little chop sticks, and the bottom one is a bottle of Sake with little cups! I would not have any money left if I lived/visited Japan! They have such CUTE things and I am such an impulse buyer! Brooke + Japan = Brooke broke and Japan rich! lol



Gradation liquid with her handwritten instructions in English for me!! Yes!! I can't wait to try this out!!

My wonderful TiNS!!! (More pics of these to come!)

My whole haul she sent me!


Jen included lots of little stickers too! I am so excited about using these. The little chicks on the bottom right are screaming for me to use them on that pastel colored nail polish I just swatched.

And then, just when I thought Jen couldn't get any higher, she did! Jen included two more nail polishes out of the goodness of her heart :)


This is a kind of dusty, light pink with tiny, flakey gold shimmer through out. Very gorgeous indeed, my lady!! :)


I'm loving this bottle! It is such an unusual shape, I just loves it! This is another sort of dusty color. This one is what I would call a rose color and it has the same tiny, flakey shimmer to it to, only this one is silver looking.
Both of these are right up my alley, girl! I am loving both of these and can't wait to try them out! Thank you again :) I owe you big time.
ON TO THE TiNS!
These really need to be enjoyed in silence. Just gaze upon all this glittery goodness!

If that doesn't make you smile, take thee to a doctor NOW!! Something is terribly wrong with you and you are in need of medical attention STAT!
I will be featuring these TiNS in their own post coming up, so stayed tuned for all the glitter pics and close ups your eyes can handle!

16 comments:

Rai said...

How nice of her! I love those polishes. And those are the cutest stickers ever. >.>

So nice of her to include something for your son.
Can't wait to see what you do with all those pretty polishes!!

Liza said...

Wow wow wow! She is so nice!!!
And i am simply cant wait to see how the grading liquid works, i am very very exciting. I nethe reven herd of anything like this, but it sounds like something really awesome

Violet LeBeaux said...

I have those same stickers from when I last visited Japan! I want to go back so badly! What a great gift :D

Velvet said...

Love the bling,bling!! Have fun! I just love your blog!

Anonymous said...

Woohoo! I'm glad everything arrived safely- enjoy yer glittah! I can't wait to see what they look like on! :)

contests and such said...

OMG! That was soo nice of her! Those are some great glitters! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE feature the gradation liquid soon! I sooo want to try that. You are a lucky gal!

Nixxy said...

WOW - you're gonna be busy for the next couple of years working your way though all that stuff! Lucky you! :D

Lucy said...

You lucky girlyou! Plus there isn't any guilt because of your no buy till your birthday. What a sweet girl. Plus she is a freakin genius with her colors and manicures with all that art work. I'm so happy for you and can't wait to see all the nails you'll be doing. You are going to be very busy. I also love the gifts for your son. I would also be broke buying all those cute things.

aquaracer said...

oooh, these are exciting!! :) can't wait for reviews and swatches! btw, i have 3 Pa glitter nail polishes and they're really cute. the bottles are really tiny, haha.

enjoy your new acquisitions!

The Asian Girl said...

How awesomely generous :) You lucky duck; lots of mani projects for you!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's some cool stuff! How nice of her!

Helen said...

Whoah!
That's what I call glitz&glam polishes to drool over!!
How nice of Jen; what a kind and helpful person :)
Can't wait to see the swatches!

Anonymous said...

Whoa! look at all that shiny goodness there! Have fun Brooke!

PS Sacrilegeous, Brooke! Right up there with the Dinkers?!! I frown upon this remark!!

"This is honestly the best gift I can remember getting in a long time. It is right up there with my birthday present I got last year - DINKY! Does that tell you how much these mean to me? "

Brooke said...

RAI - It really was very nice of her :) I have met some wonderful people through my blog - including you :)

DREAMKA - I am excited about the gradation liquid too! I have seen it on a few other blogs.

VIOLET - Lucky you!! You have been to Japan :)

VELVET - Thank you so much dear :)

GLITTER - TY!!!!!

NESSA - I was looking at the gradation liquid last night and I think it will be one I need to use on my mom since her nails are so much longer. I don't think the full effect will come out on my shorties!

NIXXY - This is the kind of "busy" I don't mind :)

LUCY - Oh, I do have to pay for this, she was just my personal Japan shopper for me. But this was in the works before my no-buy went into effect :)

AQUARACER - Thanks, I am excited about using them all :)

THE ASIAN GIRL - I am feeling pretty much like a lucky duck too!

ALEXLYNDRAL - Thank you :)

VANESSA - Hopefully I will have some swatches up soon :)

OLGA - I said right up there, not above, so I am still ok in Dinky's eyes, lol!

Delirium~ said...

hahaha , I always thought they were named "snil", but now that I try to read the name *the right way around*...! *giggle*

I'm going to Japan in exactly 8 days for a 3 week long vacation. And I will be very, very broke when I return. Jen was super nice to me and wrote a detailed description of where I could find the different polishes and gradation liquid. :D

Brooke said...

DELIRIUM - Wow!! Lucky you! Hope you have a good vacation!

Jen really is a kind hearted soul!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
This policy is valid from 07 December 2009


This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact getchanailsdid@yahoo.com.


This blog does not accept any form of cash advertising, sponsorship, or paid topic insertions. However, we will and do accept and keep free products, services, travel, event tickets, and other forms of compensation from companies and organizations.

This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.


To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org