Friday, March 27, 2009

NOTD - JUNGLE FEVER

These nails are throwing off a serious jungle vibe to me. The mix between the color combo's and the konad pattern I picked just look "jungley" (did I just make up a new word?) to me.


For the base color I used Icing - Akward (that's how they spelled it). I painted two coats of this color. I would have painted three if I was going to wear this color alone, but since I was topping it off, I left it at two coats. This is a nice dark green with yellowish and light greenish swirled through out.
Next, I painted a top coat of NYX - Lime Sparkle. Between the kind of yellow/light greenish tint in Akward and the yellowish/lime green glitter in Lime Sparkle, this was pretty as is. These two colors really complemented each other well.
However, I wanted to get some Konading in. I chose to use Misa - Ghetto Fabulous as my koni color once again and I picked the same zebra pattern I used on my TOTD.


I wanted to add this in as another Konad Tip - For first timers that aren't real sure about their stamping technique, or just don't want a lot of glaring mistakes, doing a stamp over a glitter base will hide any mistakes. Also, using a glitter top coat, that isn't really opaque, would be another good way to hide any little mistakes that might bother you to much.














17 comments:

Amabile said...

Gorgeous! Stunning! Incredible combination! More exclamation marks needed!!! :-) I really like these!

The Pretty Brown Girl said...

Very pretty! I love these colors together...very rich. Great job once again, Brooke! :)

Anonymous said...

That's a fantastic color combination!

Rai said...

Such snazzy(ha @ that word) nails!! lol Insane combo! It works.

Velvet said...

Beautiful combo! Love it!

Jamie D. said...

Wow - the rain forest right on your fingers! Nice combo, and lovely colors!

Lucy said...

Oh how sparkly! Love it. Your manicure is beautiful. How do you get everything so neat and clean around your cuticles? I spend forever trying to clean up all around my nails. I use the cotton wrapped orange stick with acetone polish remover. I think I've got it all and I don't. Frustrating. Your nails look nice and neat. Let me know please.

The Asian Girl said...

I love it! It reminds me of candy for some reason...

Helen said...

I really like these shades! Very pretty combination :)

Mary said...

I love that color combo! Jungly is a great word, even if it isn't a word. The pattern, the colors... perfect!

Alexlyndra said...

Wow! The layering and the mani in one piece is awesome! Absolutely jungle fever!

Olivia C. said...

LOVE those colors together!
OC

Cheryl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amanda said...

That is so cool! The colors you used look great together! I am Konad impaired LOL so I love looking at other people's pics :-)

Mitsue said...

Very sexy colour combination Brookie(^o^)/ Great job!!
I love your Teddy too!!

Anonymous said...

I like this- reminds me of green gummy bears for some reason. Great job!

Brooke said...

THANK YOU ALL!! I am behind on my blog today, so unless there is a question asked, I am just giving you all a big THANK YOU for all of your kind, nice words you left for me :)

LUCY - I get it so nice by not painting all the way up to the cuticle - lol! When I first started checking the nail polish blogs I wondered the same thing, then I realized, they weren't painting all the way to the cuticle, which is how I used to paint my nails. It took a little practice, but I am much happier with how they look.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
This policy is valid from 07 December 2009


This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact getchanailsdid@yahoo.com.


This blog does not accept any form of cash advertising, sponsorship, or paid topic insertions. However, we will and do accept and keep free products, services, travel, event tickets, and other forms of compensation from companies and organizations.

This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.


To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org