Tuesday, March 10, 2009

TRANS DESIGN ORDER

Last week I placed an order with Trans Design , I needed to order a couple of the prizes that I have up for grabs (the konad kit and the CG Summer Collection) in my two contest that I am currently running right now. (You can find all the info for these HERE and HERE).


I got a couple of cool and cheap things I wanted to share with you all.

On Trans Design's website these were listed as Kolor-Ring, and it shows a picture like they are little bottles that have a ring attached to it and you can keep it on your key ring. However, what came in the mail is a different brand, but the colors listed on the website are the colors I wanted, so I'm not complaining, The brand on the bottles I got say TIME SQUARE. These were on sale for .49 CENTS EACH! Pretty damn cheap, how could I pass that up. I ordered three, all pastel colors. Today when I looked at the website, they were back up to their regular price of $1.37 ea, which is still pretty cheap. Despite the cheap price, these all seem pretty pigmented. When I opened the bottles and pulled the brushes out to take a look, the colors did not appear to be sheer what so ever. I'm anxious to try these out and see how I like them and how well they apply. I saw a couple of other colors from this brand I wouldn't mind trying out if these have good results.




Next up I ordered another of the New York Summer's in Hot Lime Green. I like the name of that one. I unfortunately didn't read very well and this is clearly marked as a sheer (ugh!!!) and it also has sort of a pearly finish to it, which I am not a huge fan of. However, this color still might work well layered with another color. This one cost me $1.59.







The last two I ordered is a brand called Amour. I ordered a glitter polish called Rain Glitter, which looks nothing like it did on the website. Maybe it's just me, but on the website it looked like a green glitter. This is clearly a black with multi colored glitter. This is listed on sale for $1.99 regularly $2.49. This is still currently on sale with Trans Design.






The second color I ordered is Unique Ruby. This is a special polish, this is called Amour Color Effect.



This is what Trans Design says of this color:


NEW!
The special formula contains Titanium dioxide platelets of precisely controlled thickness reflects gold, red, green or blue by interference . . .and transmit the respective complementary colors. Deposited on mica for reinforcement . . . combined with colors pigment to introduce intensity, contrast and extraordinary color play.
Chart Colors produced below are based on using a Natural Base / Black Colored Tip for better effects.

Instructions:
Step 1: Apply black polish to the free edge.
Step 2: Allow polish to dry, apply color effect polish to the entire surface of the nail.
Step 3: Apply top coat.


This is how Trans Design shows it should look:


Now, if I only had longer nails to try this out. Although, I assume any nail polish would have an effect similar to this if you first painted black on the free edge. So as soon as I get some nails I will try this out and let you know how it works. This sells for $2.99.
IF ANYONE HAS TRIED THIS BRAND I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR WHAT YOU THINK.

11 comments:

Rai said...

OMG! I'm in love with those colors!
Especially those pastel colors.

Brooke said...

RAI - They are so cheap too! I can't wait to try the pastel's out and see how well they apply.

PaperedLove said...

Those pastel colors are so pretty!!

Brooke said...

XOANNIE - Those pastels do look like spring :)

Nixxy said...

Whoa! You're going to be swatching into the next century, girl! love the pastels :)

Lucy said...

I also saw those Amour Color Effect on Transdesign. I didn't order them because I don't have any free edge. I wanted to try them so badly. My nails never seem to grow. They were peeling and I finally cut the last bit of nail off that had been peeling. I hope now my nails will grow! Looking forward to all your swatching.

Brooke said...

NIXXY - Tell me about it! I need to get my sister to come over and let me use her hands to swatch on too :)

LUCY - Hopefully my nails will start growing soon and I can let you know how these work. I have been checking these out on Trans Design for months and I finally just bought one. Curiosity got the best of me I guess.

clockwork said...

Directly after reading this post, I picked up Amour Unique Ruby and a host of others! Can't wait to give it (and them) a go. Enabler!

Brooke said...

CLOCKWORK - Oh that's great! I wish I would have had long enough nails to try this out and show you all! Please let me know what you think of Unique Ruby, ok? Being a nail polish enabler isn't THAT bad, hahahah!

contests and such said...

This seems kinda similar to Moodies by Nubar, but not really? I don't know I just ordered a bunch of those. Have you tried them? This kinda sounds like the same concept? Except that Moodies keep changing as you wear them, I think.

Brooke said...

NESSA - I think these are diff. where the moodies change because of temp, these only react to the light i think. ANd they don't change, once it is that color that is what it stays. Until I gets some nails though I can't try this baby out!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
This policy is valid from 07 December 2009


This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact getchanailsdid@yahoo.com.


This blog does not accept any form of cash advertising, sponsorship, or paid topic insertions. However, we will and do accept and keep free products, services, travel, event tickets, and other forms of compensation from companies and organizations.

This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.


To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org