Friday, March 27, 2009

JUST CALL ME OCTO-FRANKEN!

I cooked up two more frankens the other night! I can't believe how much fun mixing nail polish is - but it's a blast I tell you. It's kind of like cooking in the kitchen without a recipe, and it either tastes great or nobody finishes their plate that night. I'll admit, I have about 2 or 3 Franken Fails that I did when I first started doing this (about a month ago, lol), but I got some really good advice, and please forgive me girls, but I can't remember if it was Amanda of Dr. Frankenpolish or Super Jen from Never Too Much Glitter. The advice I was given, was that when you are first starting out, use colors that you actually like before you start trying to turn that ugly color into polish magic. I think that is where I went wrong on my first couple of Franken Fails.


I am only going to show you one franken today and I will have the other one up in a couple of days for you all. The first one is a navy blue with lots of holo glitteryness to it. Again, I would LOVE some help in naming this bad boy, so your guesses are more than welcome in the comments section.
:::EDIT:::
The Asian Girl just pointed out that this looked alot like OPI DS Fantasy, when I checked it out, I must say this really is pretty damn close! I wish I had a bottle to compare, because I think these are about as close as you can get! Here is a pic of OPI DS Fantasy.













LMAO !! I don't know if it was the green paper in the background that caused my fingers to look so red or what, but that is what it looked like looking through the camera. I thought it was kinda neat so I used it here. Very Christmasey, eh?


Ok, so there ya have it. My guess is SPARK IN THE DARK, but as always, I LOVE to hear your guesses!! So post them in the comments section!

18 comments:

Smoochiefrog said...

I dunno about a name, but I love the way you did your nails in the 3rd picture! The blue with the silver French tip is beautiful! Have you shown us that yet or are you holding out on us? :)

contests and such said...

Love love love SPARK IN THE DARK!!! Do that one! I'm not creative so I live through you! I agree with Smoochiefrog I want to see the silver French one!

clockwork said...

Also keen on Spark in the Dark. Please do show the french with the silver. ^^

Rai said...

LMFAO @ Octo-Fraken!!

It's such a pretty polish, love it.
I like that name or Twinkle Little Star... lol makes me think of of stars at night time. :]

Brooke said...

SMOOCHIEFROG - I just posted up some pics of the req. mani for your viewing pleasure.

NESSA - Just posted up some pics for you. Spark in the Dark was all I could come up with....

CLOCKWORK - It's done my dear :)

RAI - I knew my girl Rai would come through with a guess or two :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Brooke:
What about Starry Night?
Is that a color name already? That's what came to mind, great color!

Rai said...

I was going to say Starry Night, too! lol LOVE THAT MUCH MORE!

The Asian Girl said...

it looks a lot like OPI DS Fantasy; great job!

Unknown said...

"Dark blue eyes" was the first name that came to mind ^_^

The Pretty Brown Girl said...

Absolutely FAB!

I like Spark In The Dark and Twinkle Little Star. I submit Star Gazer as well. :)


lol @ "octo-franken".

Brooke said...

CRLSWEETIE - Good one! I think there is a Starry Starry Night, but I could be wrong.

RAI - I like both of the ones you gave.

THE ASIAN GIRL - Oh really! I will have to find a swatch of that one and compare. Thanks!

Brooke said...

ANNA - Hey great one!!! I think I'm going to have to put this one up for a vote, you guys are so good at this :)

THE PBG - Hey, I seen your shout out over at Dead Azz Wrong :)

I think a vote is in order!

I figured I would jump on the Octo-wagon :)

Brooke said...

THE ASIAN GIRL - I just looked up some swatches - and by golly they are pretty darn close!! I'm giving myself a pat on the back for that ;) Thanks for pointing that out :)

Nixxy said...

Ooh! Lovin it! :)

Lucy said...

Brooke I love this color. Ilike everyone's ideas for a name! Spark in the Dark is just a catchy name.

Helen said...

I LOVE it, Brooke! You're good at this :)

Brooke said...

NIXXY - Thank you :)

LUCY - Thanks - it does have a little ring to it ;)

VANESSA - It is so much fun mixing colors :) You should give it a go one of these days :)

Amanda said...

Brooke, you really are great at frankening!!! I love your holos :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
This policy is valid from 07 December 2009


This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact getchanailsdid@yahoo.com.


This blog does not accept any form of cash advertising, sponsorship, or paid topic insertions. However, we will and do accept and keep free products, services, travel, event tickets, and other forms of compensation from companies and organizations.

This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.


To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org