Monday, March 2, 2009

KONI - THANKS COLETTE!

Colette from My Simple Pleasures coined the name "koni" for Konadicure and I think it's perfect - plus it's much shorter and faster to type :) So from now on I will be using this word to describe any Konading I do in the future. Great job on the word Colette :)
This is a koni I did last night. On my last Trans Design order I finally got New York Summer - Amaranth. A beautiful bright green with a jelly finish. This color did not disappoint! And it is really cheap too, it was $1.49! I thought the polish applied really well. It went on sheer for the first coat but was opaque by the second one. I would have added a third coat if I was to wear this alone, but since I knew I was going to Koni it, I didn't. I thought it was a pretty good polish for only a buck fifty.
I also ordered another New York Summer color called Dollar Bill. It's green too and I really just liked the name. Reminds me of Dolla Bill from the movie The Players Club. Bernie Mac played Dolla Bill and I think he really stole the show in that one! I used to quote many a line from him. Such a great comedian lost way before his time. Anyway, that used to be my favorite movie and the soundtrack used to be playing in my car like 24-7 - lol! I haven't tried this color out yet, but I will soon! I will have to Koni something with that color that goes with the movie, like maybe putting a little stripper pole on each nail or something - lmao! I know, I play too much :)

WHAT I USED:


Not shown: Konad Special Polish in White



WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE:








This patten kind of reminds me of the handkerchief pattern, you know the one I'm talking about? It is usually red and white or navy and white. I really like this when I got done with it.
What do you guys think?
And does anyone else remember Dolla Bill from the Players Club?

7 comments:

contests and such said...

Def looks like a handkerchief pattern! The white stands out so nicely.
Great job, Brooke!
I def need to get those special polishes in black and white.
What kinda turned me off to the sp was that I got a silver one with some glitter and a light pink one. I haven't used the light pink one yet, but the silver w/glitter sucked! It didn't show up at all!
I think it was someone on MUA told me to use regular polish.
So that's my story. I'm gonna get around to ordering them soon.
Just got a sh*t load of Nfu-Ohs with my b-day $ so I might have to wait a while. Oh and my car might need a new blower :(

Anonymous said...

It reminds me of those prints that were so popular in the late 60s and early 70s.

Though i've never seen that movie The Players (now its on my must-see list) i do remember watching him do stand up routines on TV and he was very, very funny.

The Pretty Brown Girl said...

I've seen "The Players Club" more times than I need to admit! Bernie Mac was so funny in it. He will surely be missed.

I'm loving that "Koni". I am going to practice w/some acrylic nails today and see if I can get my Konad kit to do right. Thanks for the advice!

Brooke said...

NESSA - First off - what the heck is a "blower"?

Thanks for the nice compliments.
I can't wait to see your nfu oh's you ordered :)

OLGA - If stipper movies don't bother you than it's a good one. Definatly cheesey - but I like it :)

THE PBG - I'm so glad your giving the konad another go. Konad is defiantly one of those things that some things work REALLY good and then other parts of it make you want to rip out your hair :)

Colette said...

I feel a little late, but I'm glad you're getting some use out of my new word! I'm in envy of your full-nail patterns, I need to get my butt in gear & do taxes so I can spend my refund!

Lucy said...

Like the Koni! Loved Bernie Mac. I've seen him in many movies. I can't remember if I saw that one. I know I loved his stand up routines. he just made me hysterical with laughter.

Brooke said...

COLETTE - Dang, you haven't done your taxes yet?? I always do mine right away, I have to many plans for my tax refund to wait :)

LUCY - Bernie Mac was pretty damn funny! Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
This policy is valid from 07 December 2009


This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact getchanailsdid@yahoo.com.


This blog does not accept any form of cash advertising, sponsorship, or paid topic insertions. However, we will and do accept and keep free products, services, travel, event tickets, and other forms of compensation from companies and organizations.

This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.


To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org