Friday, January 2, 2009

NEW CAMERA, OLD CAMERA PICS

Well I got a new camera. I got the Canon PowerShot SX110 IS. I am so excited about this bad boy! Now I just need to figure out how to use this sucker. I tried to install the disc that came with the camera, but when I try to access the part I have to go to to download my pics from my camera to my computer a notice keeps coming up saying there was an error and it must close down - wtf??? I'm going to try to do this on my laptop at home tonight and see if I am getting the same message as my computer up here at work. (keeping fingers crossed I don't)


Anyone with this camera, or just anyone that could offer some advice I would really be great full!


In the meantime I have a few nail pics that I took with my old camera:
These first pics are just some fooling around I was doing trying to come up with some ideas for my sisters nails for the wedding. The blue background color on my nails was just the color I had on at the time, her nails would have been painted a color to go with her wedding colors or left neutral. The silver leafy designs were some scrapbook stickers I found at Michael's. Yes, scrapbook. I have found a new place to find cheap nail items, look no further than the scrapbook section of your craft supply store. I found jewels, stickers, pearls, all sorts of things that are so much cheaper than getting them from say, Sally's.




This next one was just some silver bouillons I used (these did come from Sally's)
After I did this design, I got a great idea for a wedding ring nail:
How cute is that? I loved this when I got done with it. I used two long, rectangle shaped jewels and placed them right next to each other, then used my silver bouillons to make the "band" of the ring.
These are just some red glitter tips I did using Color Club - Art of Seduction.


That's all I have for you now. Hopefully I will have some new, wonderful, in-focus, beautiful nail pics for you with my new camera later tonight, or in the morning.

8 comments:

Jamie D. said...

Too cool! I love the silver stickers, and the wedding band nail too. That's a great idea to buy scrapbook supplies...

Good luck getting the camera to work! Mine is a Kodak, so not sure how your software works, but I'm sure you'll get it figured out eventually. :-)

Anonymous said...

I have a different Cannon than you, (mine's older, named Ralph) but with mine I avoided the whole CD thing. I treat mine like a flash drive. I USB plug it in, and simply drag the images out of the camera folder under My Computer. Whenever I can avoid installing an unneeded program, I do. I'm not sure if that'll work for you, but it's worth a shot.

Also, something I JUST discovered myself - macro mode. It does amazing things for pictures of nails! Here's video about it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkESaPgYMso You might already know, sorry. I didn't until recently, so I thought I'd share. :)

Brooke said...

JAMIE - Thank you. Yes, you should check out the scrapbook isle, its amazing what's there that can be used for nail art.

ASAMI - Thank you for the info! I will check out that link. :) Thanks for stopping by, our site is just great, I'mgoing to try the polka dot nails tonight!

Catherine said...

You are amazing! Your nails look beautiful! I give kudos to you for the time and effort you put into your nails! BTW, I love your blog!

Brooke said...

KIRBY - Thank you so much! :)I really appreciate all the nice things you just said :)

The Pretty Brown Girl said...

Now, that's a good idea. The craft store for nail stickers & stuff. I will have to make a trip there soon. :)

I love those red tips!

Stacey said...

I love your blog; it's just such fun - I'm 56 years old, and have been obsessed with (doing my onw) nails for years. You're talented and creative; which I love! And, I thought I was the only one who used scrapbooking materials LOL ... I think you get a nice variety, and cheaper than nail decals. Keep up the great work, and have fun doing it! Stacey

Brooke said...

ROSE/STACEY - Thank you so much for your sweet comment! I'm so glad to hear that you enjoy my blog, it really made my day :))))

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
This policy is valid from 07 December 2009


This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact getchanailsdid@yahoo.com.


This blog does not accept any form of cash advertising, sponsorship, or paid topic insertions. However, we will and do accept and keep free products, services, travel, event tickets, and other forms of compensation from companies and organizations.

This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.


To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org