Thursday, March 19, 2009

CHERRY POP

I have yet one more nail art post for you today :) After seeing those bright colors in Color Club's - Electro Candy collection , I decided I needed to paint my nails a really bright color. I have put myself on a no nail polish buy until my birthday in May, so it will be a another month and a half before I will be able to get that collection. I do have a couple of really bright, neon colors from Color Club already, so I chose one of those.

Getcha sunglasses ready, because this one is gonna be blindingly bright!









Can you imagine what that would look like in direct sunlight? lol

This is a little to bright even for me, at least on my finger nails, I think I wouldn't mind this on my toes though. So to tone this down a little bit I decided to add a little konad to it. I chose a cherry design from one of my Fauxnad plates I got. I used my Konad special polish in Red to stamp the cherries on with. However, I just wasn't pleased with how that looked. I needed to jazz it up a bit. This needs some GLITTAH!!!




I used LA Colors Green Glitter and just went over the red stamped stems with this. Then to fill in the cherries a bit more, I used my Sally Hansen NAP in hot pink. I think red glittah would have really made those cherries pop, but I couldn't find any with in reach, so I just used the SH NAP.







12 comments:

Rai said...

OMG! I WANT THAT COLOR!!!!!!

And the design is too cute.
I gotta get more of those Art polishes.

The Pretty Brown Girl said...

Wowsers! Bright indeed!

This mani is cuter than cute! I'm not so sure if I'd wear it on my tips, but toes...mos def! That cherry design is awesome.

Great job again, Brooke!

Pixel said...

Terribly cute!!! BTW, where did you get that LA Colors Art Deco?

Brooke said...

RAI - I forgot to state that it took me 4 coats to get to this color, and it really could have used a fifth one too, but I think you could paint a white coat underneath and cut the yellow one down to like two coats to get to bottle color. But it is so nice and shiney, a really nice color for sure.

THE PBG - THank you so much!

STARGIRL - I got mine at a little mom and pop dollar store around town. I did a search and see that they are available at cherryculture.com though! Thanks.

Lucy said...

Love it Brooke! I could use that mani here in NJ. It is a dull day outside. I love the cherry stamp. I love everything with a cherry pattern. You did a fantastic job with the glitters. So cute!

Helen said...

Wow; that's bright indeed! Hurts my eyes :D
Cool summer color, though.

contests and such said...

So cute! You did an awesome job!

Anonymous said...

My plan for my next mani was almost like this, crazy!

Liza said...

This looks awesome!!!
But i wonder where did you find such a cool image plate?
Can you at least give a clue how it called, because it looks for me that it is not like konad original plate.
I really love this design and the image plate. thanks

aquaracer said...

yeah, will def use these on my toes as i can't really pull off bright colors on my finger nails, haha! although i try sometimes ;-) but this color really made those cherries pop!

Brooke said...

LUCY - Come on over and I will do your nails for you :) lol - that would be one expensive mani wouldn't it!

VANESSA - I warned you, get those sunglasses on :)

NESSA - Thank you maam :)

ALEXLYNDRA - How weird is that? We must have been on the same wavelink or something!

DREAMKA - This plate is indeed NOT a regular Konad plate. It was found on Ebay from
http://stores.ebay.com/HoneyPlace
This is a good place to buy from.

AQUARACER - I can usually pull off a bright orange or red, but the blues and yellows tend to look a little weird on me. The really bright greens are hit and miss with how they look on me.
Thanks :)

Anonymous said...

OMG that is soooo cool!!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
This policy is valid from 07 December 2009


This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact getchanailsdid@yahoo.com.


This blog does not accept any form of cash advertising, sponsorship, or paid topic insertions. However, we will and do accept and keep free products, services, travel, event tickets, and other forms of compensation from companies and organizations.

This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.


To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org