Tuesday, March 3, 2009

THE HELLO KITTY'S MEOW

Well I did my final manicure for my Las Vegas trip last night. Since I have not packed yet, and really have no idea what all I am taking, I figured I was going to need all of tonight to get ready. My plane leaves at about 11am tomorrow morning - so I better get everything I need to do done tonight. And of course the BF is soooo worried about what he is going to eat I might have to get a couple of little meals ready so he will just have to pop them in the micro while I'm gone.


I have also been un-patiently waiting for some "fauxnad" plates I ordered on ebay to come in. They finally did yesterday!!! I couldn't be more excited because there is a Hello Kitty design on one of the plates. I have been trying to hold off using my new MAC Hello Kitty nail polishes because I wanted to use them with this plate.
:::EDIT::: I ordered my Fauxnad plates from HERE on ebay. I had great results with this Ebay seller. They do come from Hong Kong - so expect about 1 1/2 to 2 weeks for delivery time. They are called Stamping Nail Art Image Plates. Polish Pixie has orded from here with good results too :)
HERE IS THE LINK for the set of plates that has the HELLO KITTY plate. You have to buy the whole set to get the HK one.

After SEVERAL trial and errors on seeing what would work with the design I had in mind, I used only the MAC - Something About Pink of the Hello Kitty polishes. I will use the others another time.


I am so eff-ing pleased with this Koni I could cuss :) After I finally got the color combo's down, it turned out cuter than I imagined it would. I took a TON of pictures of it and plan on sharing them all with you. So even though it is the same thing over and over again in the pics I can't quit looking at them :)



First the pic's and them I will tell you all how I did it!















For the base I used MAC - Something About Pink. A total Barbie pink in my book! I really liked this color on than I did in the bottle. It was really nice with my skin tone I think. I then used Konad SP in white and used the houndstooth pattern from my konad plate. I then used Konad SP in black to stamp the Hello Kitty heads. I also picked up a great tip off Konad's website, that in order to minimize the streaking only brush over the nail one time with the top coat. "Overworking" the top coat will cause smearing. And as you can see, it really worked good! I just concentrated on covering the black polish and knew I could always come back later and recover the whole nail with another coat of Seche to smooth it out.
Next, you know I had to bling up my nails, after all I am going to the King of Bling city! So I added two clear, round rhinestones for the eyes on all of my nails! How cute is that?
So how do you think I did ladies? Who is ready to come over to my house and get their nails "Hello Kitty-ed"?

15 comments:

contests and such said...

Too funny ' eff-ing pleased with this Koni I could cuss' I totally agree though!
This is beyond cute!
Have fun in Vegas!

The Asian Girl said...

Those are amazing!! Where did you order the HK plate? I want one of my own but I don't know who to trust to order it from.

Brooke said...

NESSA - Thanks so much! I look forward to checking out all my fave blogs when I get back and seeing what I missed :)

THE ASIAN GIRL - I added an Edit to this post with a link where to order them from. The seller is called Honey Place. I had good results and Polish Pixie has ordered with good results too.

Kimberly said...

eeeeeeeeeeeps omg
I must! must! must have this!!!!

GAH!! YOU enabler YOU!

Anonymous said...

That is way cute! It looks like you airbrushed Ms. Hello Kitty on your nails.

Brooke said...

KT - LOL, well you DID make me have to get a Dinky Dog made by you - so we are even :)

SAVVy - It does sort of look airbrushed on my nails in the closeups, doesn't it?

Inge said...

lol, I love it! I'm so glad you got your plates before Vegas!

Brooke said...

PIXIE - I just i-m'ed a pic of these to my sister and she sent back "hello kitty......"
I had to inform her that HK is back baby!! And bigger than ever :)

I'm glad I got them too! I almost couldn't believe that little package is what I have been waiting for for so long :)

Helen said...

So Sweet!!
And the bottle is sweet as well :)

Brooke said...

VANESSA - I like the bottles too. Plus the tops of the bottles are rubberized which is always a plus in nail polish.. I have dropped my brush several times - ooops!

Lucy said...

That is one darling manicure! You know I love that houndstooth pattern. It is the ultimate girly manicure. Enjoy yourself in Vegar baby!

RachelLauren said...

this is too cute! I love it, especially the shade of that pink!

Anonymous said...

I just died of cute! Awesome manicure!

Rai said...

WTH @ ME JUST NOW SEEING THIS! lmao.

OMG THAT'S SO FREAKING CUTE!!!

Brooke said...

BROOKLYNSHOEBABE - After I finally got my colors figured out that would work best, I would say maybe about 30 minutes from start to finish. No I don't do it prof. but I would love to go to school oneday to learn how to.

LUCY - Thanks so much!

RACHAELAUREN - Thanks so much. I liked the pink much better on than what it looked like int he bottle.

NEVERTOOMUCHGLITTER - Thanks so much - now go revive yourself :)You have nail polish to franken!

RAI - You better get with it girl!! lol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
This policy is valid from 07 December 2009


This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact getchanailsdid@yahoo.com.


This blog does not accept any form of cash advertising, sponsorship, or paid topic insertions. However, we will and do accept and keep free products, services, travel, event tickets, and other forms of compensation from companies and organizations.

This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.


To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org