Thursday, April 2, 2009

DAZZLE DRY LEMONGRASS NAIL POLISH REMOVER

I had the opportunity to try another great product out, thanks to the wonderful Lisa Cocuzza of It's A Glam Thing. This is a product from Dazzle Dry and VB Cosmetics. You all might remember my review of the Dazzle Dry Nail Polish I did a few months ago. I had really high hopes for this since I just loved the results of the Dazzle Dry nail polish kit I tried.


First, a little bit about the product:
LEMONGRASS NAIL POLISH REMOVER - Moisturizes Nails & Cuticles; Healthy Fresh Scent

Strips off nail polish without drying nails and cuticles. Lemongrass and clove essential oils provide a clean fresh scent and anti microbial properties.

Ingredients: Acetone, water, glycerin, lemongrass essential oil and clove essential oil.


THE TEST:

The first thing I noticed about this nail polish remover was the scent. It really does smell good! I think it smells just like those hard, sugar coated lemon drop candies. It wasn't an over powering smell either. Usually I will hear something from my bf about the smell when I am doing my nails. Last night he didn't say anything, which I took to be a good sign that it didn't stink, and it wasn't too over powering that it made the whole house smell like lemons.
Check mark # 1 in the Good Column.


The next big test I had for this remover was it's ability to actually remove the nail polish, lol. You all saw that densely glittered nail polish I had on yesterday, so this was really put to the test. I was concerned that with this remover being geared toward moisturizing that it would lack on the nail polish removal side. Once again, I was pretty pleased with this product. This product removed all that glitter in the same amount of time that my regular nail polish remover would take.
Check mark # 2 in the Good column!

The third test I had was, could I see that my nails and fingers were moisturized after using this. After removing all traces of nail polish I allowed a few minutes to let my nails and fingers dry completely from the remover. Usually the skin all around my nails is white, dry, cracked and crusty looking from using my acetone remover. I could see a very clear, and noticeable difference with this product. I could still see a couple of dry, white spots, but they are few and far between.
Check mark # 3 in the Good Column!

THE RESULTS:
I believe this product did everything it claimed it would do, there was a nice scent, it removed my nail polish with ease and it left my nails and fingers looking and feeling moisturized.
This product is sold in 8oz bottles for $10.50 and can be purchased at VB COSMETICS.

THE RECOMMENDATION:
I would definitely recommend this product, however, an 8oz bottle of nail polish remover would last me all of about 2 weeks, and at $10.50 a bottle that's pretty steep.
  • For the regular nail polisher out there who changes their polish once a week or so, this could very well be worth the price.
  • I could also see using this for when you are trying to really get some moisture into your nails and cuticles, like I am right now with my Barielle products. I think it would be worth it get a bottle and use for a time like that.
  • Another good use would be to get a bottle to use only during the winter months when nails and cuticles are at their driest, and could really benefit from a product like this.
Of course if money didn't matter, this would be the only thing I used to remove nail polish with.

9 comments:

clockwork said...

mmm looks good, always searching for better removers :) And one that has a nice scent at that!

Velvet said...

Thanks for the review Brooke! Good idea about using it for the winter months. Yes... I get the same reaction from the hubby when removing nail polish. Lol! I'll keep this in mind!

Brooke said...

CLOCKWORK - Thanks!

VELVET - Thank you. I love doing these reviews :)

Lucy said...

It is a trifle expensive. Would be nice to have a remover that didn't stink the whole place out. Lemongrass is a nice scent. I would try it sometime. Not now though. I have a huge bottle of remover I bought from head2toebeauty. Dinky's evil twin is frightening. Where is that little angel at?

Mary said...

Dinky frightened me right off the bat! I thought that might have I nice smell to it, having lemongrass in it. Sounds like a nice product but yes, the way I go through remover I think I'd save it for wintertime too.

Violet LeBeaux said...

Thanks for the review! I'm so sick of using horrible smelling remover, the smell of my acrylic nails being done is enough for me! One question, do you have a remover that you used to use on your acrylics that didn't damage them? I've been using non-acetone remover but it still seems to just dissolve the acrylic :(

Charlene said...

hey there, i just happen to read your blog about this. if you are looking for a nail polish remover that works the same as that of what you have reviewed, i definitely definitely recommend the THEFACESHOP's nail polish remover in pink. god, it smells STRAWBERRIES and who doesn't love that? it's so sweet smelling! i love it! as for the removing part, it works great, too! i mean, it removes polishes EASILY and it HYDRATES and MOISTURIZES your nails. ain't that good?! and btw, it's only $2.00 for 100ml. :)

http://thefaceshopen.com/ -- visit their site and see what i'm talking about. :)

Brooke said...

LUCY - I hear ya on the price, but it could be really helpful during bad nail breakage weather and stuff.

BODY AND SOUL - LOL!! That liitle ol' puppy scared you??? :) Agreed on just using it for certain times, not a "go to" product for people like us.

VIOLET - I just used a non-acetone remover. I think maybe it is called beauty brands, I get it at Sally's beauty supply, do you have those down under?

CHARLENE - Thanks for the info, I will check the link out :)

aquaracer said...

oh, now im curious to try this out. great review. thanks brooke :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
This policy is valid from 07 December 2009


This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact getchanailsdid@yahoo.com.


This blog does not accept any form of cash advertising, sponsorship, or paid topic insertions. However, we will and do accept and keep free products, services, travel, event tickets, and other forms of compensation from companies and organizations.

This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.


To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org