Wednesday, April 1, 2009

BARIELLE WEDNESDAYS - WEEK 1

This is the first post in a series entitled Barielle Wednesdays. I informed you all yesterday of the products that I would be using on a daily basis to track my nail growth and nail health while using these.


EXTRA GENTLE CUTICLE MINIMIZER - This is taking the place of my Sally Hansen cuticle remover. The only difference I noticed was that the directions on the Barielle say to let the product soak in for 2-3 minutes, where the Sally Hansen is only 15 seconds. The Barielle product comes with a little orange stick, which is handy since it fits right in the box, and I don't have to hunt one down. This worked great on softening my cuticles and allowing me to push them back. This says for me to use daily.




GROWTH ACTIVATOR FOR NATURAL NAILS - The box claims this is a perfect product to use after removing acrylics - which HELLO! That's just what I need! I have tried several products like this recently, however, they all interfered with me painting my nails. One was to oily, another caused my nail polish to apply gloppy and one didn't let my polish dry. Needless to say I was really hoping that this wouldn't cause any adverse reactions to me painting my nails. This product is just like a nail polish, you just brush it on. The directions say to apply 1 coat to nails 2 times weekly and then to remove after 7 days. This one I won't be following the directions to the "t" since I remove my nail polish everyday, I don't see how this would help to only apply 2 x's a week. I will apply this daily, or after every removal of nail polish.
BTW - I painted my nails after the treatments (the succulent grapes post) and I had no problems what so ever with this product effecting my nail polish.




NAIL STRENGTHENER CREAM - This one I am to massage daily into nails and cuticles in a circular motion (I wonder why?). It says for especially damaged nails you can use it 2-3 times daily. I am going to try to apply this at least 2 a day. The packaging says to allow 3-4 weeks for noticeable improvement. For best results apply right before bed to allow the cream to penetrate overnight.




INTENSIVE NAIL RENEWAL OIL - This oil claims to replicate the body's natural lipids (lipids provide flexibility to your nails reducing breakage) that are diminished by water, soap & detergents. This product you just brush on to the cuticles and the nails. I am going to aim at applying this 2 times a day. For best results apply this right before bed to allow the oil to penetrate into the nails and cuticles overnight.




::::All product names can be clicked to direct you to Barielle's website for more info on each product::::




Both hands after all four treatments. I can already tell a little bit of a difference.

Right hand after treatments.

Left hand after treatments.


Next Wednesday I will have new pics posted up of my results after a week of using these products. I hope you all stick with me through this and give me HONEST feedback on what you think of these products based on my weekly pictures. You won't hurt my feelings, so please give me your honest opinions, Thanks!

3 comments:

Velvet said...

I'll be following along. I hope it all really helps and improves the nails. Very interested!

Lucy said...

I to hope these products really work. I especially want something to make my nails grow and stop peeling. I'll be happy to give my honest opinion.

Brooke said...

VELVET - Thanks! I am excited to see my nails finally get growing.

LUCY - Thank you, I look forward to seeing what you will have to say! I appreciate all of your comments you leave, they mean alot and they let me know that someone is really reading :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
This policy is valid from 07 December 2009


This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact getchanailsdid@yahoo.com.


This blog does not accept any form of cash advertising, sponsorship, or paid topic insertions. However, we will and do accept and keep free products, services, travel, event tickets, and other forms of compensation from companies and organizations.

This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.


To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org