Friday, January 30, 2009

DAZZLE DRY RESULTS



Last night I tried out my Dazzle Dry system. It was really simple to use, and didn't really require any extra steps that you wouldn't already do when doing a manicure. None of these products were tested on animals and are 3 free products as well.

(Please note that I have added links to purchase/read more info on these products by clicking on the word STEP before each product!)




The first step calls for you to use their Nail Prep Adhesion Promoter liquid. All you do is put some on a cotton pad and wipe all your nails. This helps remove all oils from your nails so that your nail polish will adhere to the nails better.

1oz $3.00

The best part about this bottle, for me, was the opening. It has a little hole on the top, so if this accidentally gets knocked over it isn't going to spill out and waste. This also helps you use just the amount you need, which will help this product last longer since you won't use more than needed.






STEP 2:


Apply a coat of Dazzle Dry base coat. The bottle says "for natural nails", so I would assume that if you are wearing acrylics that this step isn't necessary, but I'm not for sure. Make sure that this is applied over all of the nail bed. Allow 1-2 minutes for this to dry before continuing to the next step.

.5oz $12.50




STEP 3:


Select your fast drying nail color and paint your nails. I used two coats of High Velocity Red. This is a very nice berry red color with a little bit of shimmer. I would almost say it has a sort of pink tint to it. This nail polish applied really, really well! I was very impressed. I wasn't really expecting much of this nail polish as far as application goes, since the theme behind this is the drying time. The pictures I am posting below of the finished product is with out any clean up! That is how well this applied. Two thumbs up Dazzle Dry for your nail polish consistency and application :) I allowed this to dry maybe a minute before going on to the last step.


On Dazzle Dry's website, they have 37 different colors to choose from. I saw a color to fit everyone! There were work appropriate colors, as well as the regular pinks and reds, but there is also a baby blue, a bright neon orange, dark purples, jade green - just to name a few.




.5oz $9.00


STEP 4:


The last step is to apply the top coat. The package inserts says that your nails will be dry to the touch in 1 minute - yes 1 minute! And that in 5 minutes you can tap on your nails. It does caution waiting 5-10 minutes before digging through your purse. After painting all my nails, I went immediately back to the first nail I painted and lightly touched it. It was dry! Now of course, I didn't push really hard or anything, but it was dry to the touch. This is literally the fastest drying top coat I have ever used people :) When I first heard about Seche and Poshe and tried them out, I was absolutely amazed, well this has amazed me again. This out dried Poshe and Seche. I even waited about 5 minutes and then dug into a bag that I keep my camera in, and no mess ups occured on my nails. Now of course, the nail polish I used was a fast drying nail polish, which I am sure aided in all of this. I will have to try this out with maybe one of my regular nail polishes and see if the results are the same.


.5oz $12.50


That's all there was to it. This manicure was completed and dry to the touch in about 10-12 minutes, not bad Ladies, not bad. On to the finished manicure pics:

***I didn't remove all the remaining green nail polish, so there were a few green stains along my cuticles. please ignore this:)


The kit shown below contains your nail prep, base coat, 3 nail polish colors of your choice & top coat. This retails for $54.00 on their website, found here.

However, there is an online coupon courtesy of Lisa Cocuzza and It's A Glam Thing, that will get you 20% off your online order by using the code listed below:

2 comments:

Ms. Katee/e-polishblog said...

I'll be curious to see how this stuff works w/regular nail lacquers like OPI and such. I am eagerly awaiting that review!

Brooke said...

KATEE - I am too! It just really worked so quickly I was in awe. It would be really great for those manicures on the run, lol ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
This policy is valid from 07 December 2009


This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact getchanailsdid@yahoo.com.


This blog does not accept any form of cash advertising, sponsorship, or paid topic insertions. However, we will and do accept and keep free products, services, travel, event tickets, and other forms of compensation from companies and organizations.

This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.


To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org