Tuesday, April 14, 2009

I DID NOT BREAK MY NO-BUY!

Before the No-Buy police show up, I didn't buy these new nail polishes from the Electro Candy collection by Color Club that I have been wanting. They just kind of fell from the sky! lol Really, I got these for a shipping trade I did with my Pixie friend ;) If you don't have a pixie friend - you are really missing out - lol :)


Anyway, I picked three of the colors I was most excited about, with the orange one being top on my list. I was so excited I took off my Raspberry Festival and painted my nails right here at my desk! While these colors weren't as bright as I thought they would be, they all have a neon quality to them. I think the brightness is toned down due to the strong gold/whitish shimmer that is throughout all of these colors, or at least the three that I have anyway.


Tangerine Scream is what I used on my nails. With the cool gold like shimmer, this color at certain angles and lights looks peach to me and at other times, it is a distinct neon orange. Very cool color indeed! This did require 3 coats to remove all traces of a VNL. Like all of my Color Club polishes, I had no application issues.


Electro Candy, Tangerine Scream & What A Shock



Full sun
Full sun
Full sun
Full Sun
Shade
Shade
Shade
Inside, w/ flash
Inside, w/ flash
Inside, w/ flash






Of course, I had to use my other colors too, so I painted them on my toes! I get no extra points for flawless application :)




Pixie, I will get your two orders headed your way tomorrow :)

20 comments:

Rai said...

OMG! I really like these.
I think I saw these in a local beauty store near by... they're like $6, huh?

Brooke said...

RAI - Not if you order them online they don't cost $6.00, from Head to Toe they are like $2.50 ea!

Inge said...

Ze Pixie approves of this post. Yay or H2T!

No rush in shipping it out. Not like I'm in danger of running out of nail polish ROFL!

Brooke said...

PIXIE - A Pixie approved post, now that is something!!! No doubt about you running out of nail polish soon - but I plan on hitting the post office tomorrow :)

Rai said...

Really?! Ooooh, thanks!! =D

Deez Nailz - Canadas most fabulous hand model said...

Wow, I regret passing up orange neon recently, it looks really good on you.

A+++++ for all the pics with different lighting and angels

augusta said...

p.s, how do i get a pixie friend?

Amanda said...

I love this collection! They are such pretty neons. I love your pedi, too! You always have amazing pedis :-)

Helen said...

Lovely! I've been lemming Tangerine Scream since seeing the promo pics; it's really pretty!
And I love your colorful toes :)

Anonymous said...

Sooo bright!I love them!i have to say that your nails look great and in excellent condition!!That's great!

clockwork said...

I just received the same ones today, gorgeous swatches, now am looking forwards to trying them on. Cute toes!

Velvet said...

I just love how you painted your toes!!! I'll have to try that sometime...lol! All the colors look so pretty on you! Have fun wearing them!

Violet LeBeaux said...

Ride the rainbow baby!

Kae said...

Very pretty!

Chrissy said...

Pretty pretty colors! Wow, I wish I had those brands and shades accessible to me. Someday~

And wow your application is flawless. I'll never be able to do that. Lol!

The Pretty Brown Girl said...

Loving the brights! Pretty!




Now I want some Skittles...lol!

Alexlyndra said...

They sure are cool. I think I'm waiting for Electro candy, I don't remember, haha!

Brooke said...

DEEZ NAILZ - What can I say, when i start taking pics I can't quit!! lol

AGUSTA - lol, Pixie is another blogger I did a favor for! Sorry for the confusion :)

AMANDA - Thank you so much!!

VANESSA - You should get it! It is a great summer time orange.

KATIE - Thank you soooo much! I appreciate that you noticed that!

CLOCKWORK - Thanks! Can't wait to see them on you!

VELVET - Thanks!!

VIOLET - LMAO!!

KAE - Thank you.

CHRISSY - Do any of the etailers ship to you? If so, then you could get these brands. Thank you!

THE PBG - LOL!! The candy pic got ya huh!!

ALEXLYNDRA - LOL!! Got to much stuff headed your way you can't keep it straight!

Lucy said...

How cute are your toes! Adorable. I love those colors. They look fantastic on you. I can't wait to order them!! Everytime I look at Dinky's picture with the feather on her nose I have to laugh.

Brooke said...

LUCY - Thanks! That is a pretty cute pic of my girl, one of my faves.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
This policy is valid from 07 December 2009


This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact getchanailsdid@yahoo.com.


This blog does not accept any form of cash advertising, sponsorship, or paid topic insertions. However, we will and do accept and keep free products, services, travel, event tickets, and other forms of compensation from companies and organizations.

This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.


To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org