Monday, April 13, 2009

WEEKEND PICS

Well I don't have much for you today in the way of nail related stuff, but I do have lots of pics from the big Easter Egg Coloring Contest and this years winning shocker!!! lol Plus a few other pics from the weekend.
Dinky was playing outside and had no clue her little wet nose had picked up a baby bird feather! I love these pictures of her! She looks like she has a fuzzy white mustache!

My fav pic of the bunch! How sweet does my baby girl look here?


My son riding his bike.


He loves to pose for pictures, so when he saw I was taking pics, he wanted me to take of pic of him like this....

And one of him like this.......

and one of him like this....................lol! That child, that child!
Briana (my older sister) and the back of my dad's head.
Brandi (my younger sister) her husband Cody, Little (my son) and Briana.

Jordan (Ricco's son) and Ricco hard at work on some eggs.
Just a long shot of the table in all of it's egg coloring madness! lol (note it's mostly grownups here and few kids)lol
Dinky keeping my chair warm for me :)
A shot of Dinky's Easter dress the bunny left for her.

Cody, Little, Briana and my dad.
Ricco hard at work on his egg. This was his first time participating in the contest! I tried to warn him how competitive it is :)

Some of the finished trays of eggs.

Cody's tray of eggs.

My tray of eggs, and yes, all of my eggs looked like shit this year! lmao I had nothing in the way of creativity! Some years ya got it and some years ya don't. This was obviously my "don't got it" year!
Katherine (my cousin's) eggs. How cute were hers???
Another of Katherine's eggs, it is a Pegasus.
Ricco's tray of eggs.

Another shot of Ricco's tray.
Jordan's tray of eggs.
Little's tray of eggs. (See one that looks like Ricco's?? Ricco was saying how Little stole his idea!! Ruthless I tell ya!!)

My Dad's tray of eggs!

The judging begins!! My aunt Donna, Uncle Joe and Stepmom Shelly.
..................still judging!!!

Ricco took the trophy for best egg!! Can you believe a dang newbie won????? lol
My Dad won best tray and got a package of chocolate Easter eggs.

Yeah, looks like he can't believe his egg won either! lmao :)
Katherine came in second for best egg with the Hula Girl egg. She won a lamb.
The First and Second place eggs.

Ricco still carrying around his trophy and winning egg ------ hours later, lol! J/K
Little's tray won best Children's tray, he won a bag of Reese's pb cups. That's the look of too much sugar :)
Jordan's tray took second place and he won a package of big chocolate eggs.
Close up of the trophy

This is the first year that we actually had a REAL trophy up for grabs! I have no clue where they found this, but it rocks!!! Ricco will have to relinquish this trophy next year where it will be given to me.........err, next years winner!

14 comments:

Nixxy said...

LOL! Gawd, that looks like fun! How cute was Ricco's egg??
Although I'd rather win the PB cups than the trophy, to be honest!
Dinky just looked exhausted by the whole experience :) That dress is 37 kinds of cute - and probably several others yet to be identified...

Crys said...

Aww; Dinky is waay too cute!

Looks like you guys had fun! =]

clockwork said...

Looks like fun was had by all. Love the Dinky feather pics ^^

Rai said...

Dinky is enjoying the sunny weather, huh?
LOL. Your son is just like my nephew. He see's a camera and the next thing you know he's posing.

OMG! Decorating eggs looks like so much fun. You guys did an awesome job. LOL @ YOUR BF'S EGG WITH THE FRO.

contests and such said...

That is hilarious, Brooke! I wish my family would have something like this! I tried to get my bf just to color eggs with me and he wouldn't :( maybe next year!
Looks like you guys had an awesome time!
I love the winning egg! It's great and creative!

Alexlyndra said...

Oh wow, your eggs are amazing! It's like you've put all your hearts and souls on it, I love it! I've never seen such nice art work on Easter eggs in Sweden.

Brooke said...

NIXXY - That trophy stands for bragging rights for the whole year NIX!!! Forget the pb cups, lol! Dinky was mad because my sister brought her puppy, and Dinky didn't want anything to do with her pup! There was even a growling/barking match under the table when we sat down to eat! lol Of course neither pup was doing anything to the other, just making lots of real "scary" noises- lmao!! And yes, Dinkster has quite a wardrobe!

CRYS - Thank you!

BROOKLYNSHOEBABE - Sure!! Come join in the egg festivities next year!!

CLOCKWORK - Thank you! I am loving those pics too, especially because she was just blissfully unaware of it! I love that little girl!!!

RAI - I think Dinky need some sunglasses, it was so bright Sat. morning. My son loves the camera! I hope he stays that way though, I don't want him to get camera shy.

NESSA - The trick to getting guys involved is you have to make it a contest, then their ego's won't NOT let them compete! lol It really is fun, and we get to act like a bunch of kids - so then it's really fun!

ALEXLYNDRA - Thank you! We definatly put a different spin on the traditional easter eggs :)

Lucy said...

What a fun time you all had! It's really nice for all of you to get together. I love that trophy! Funny that your BF won, congrats to the newbie. I love Dinky's Easter outfit. She looked very fashionable. Enjoy all those poses while you can. I have so many poses of cousins when they were little. But not as many as when big. I love all the poses.

Velvet said...

What fun ya'll had! Thanks for sharing those special moments with us!

Mary said...

Those pictures are priceless! Dinky is stunning, as usual, such a fashion diva. Your son is precious and Rico's egg is definitely a 1st place egg. Looks like you all had a great time :)

Helen said...

How entertaining to look at these pics! So nice of you to share them with us :) What a nice family you have, and how pretty those eggs came out.

Anonymous said...

Lots of fun! I'm going to do some eggs really late because we just got a package from the US with an egg-dyeing kit. I don't think I can top that Afro Egg though!

Tuli said...

What a cute family !! and what a gorgeous eggs designs :-) seems like a lot of fun !

Brooke said...

LUCY - Thank you. I am hoping that he doesn't get camera shy - fingers are crossed.

VELVET - Thank you and np!

MARy - Thanks, yes we did have a pretty good time.

VANESSA - Thank you :)

GLITTER - They don't have egg coloring kits in japan? Of course, they probably just deco all the eggs there :) lol

TULI - Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
This policy is valid from 07 December 2009


This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact getchanailsdid@yahoo.com.


This blog does not accept any form of cash advertising, sponsorship, or paid topic insertions. However, we will and do accept and keep free products, services, travel, event tickets, and other forms of compensation from companies and organizations.

This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.


To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org