Wednesday, April 22, 2009

GETTING TO KNOW.....THE POLISH ADDICT

Well ladies, this is my first post in a series where I am aiming to get to know the wonderful ladies behind the nails! I chose Stephanie for a couple of reasons. The Polish Addict was the second nail polish blog that I found, All Lacquered Up was the first. The Polish Addict is my favorite nail polish blog, hands down! Even just from reading her posts I can tell that Stephanie is a genuine person. When I first started my blog I had on my acrylics and had crappy pics and Steph was the first person to add me to her blog roll, and that really meant alot to me. I have always tried to have the same approach with any new blogs I come across to help spread the word, just like Stephanie did for me.


Thanks again to Stephanie for taking the time to answer these questions, I know there are alot, and some of them actually require a little thought before answering them, so Thank You!


1. How or why did you start your blog?
I developed this strange obsession with nail polish and I was trying to find some way to procrastinate studying for finals.

2. How did you come up with the name for your blog?
It’s really not very creative – my friends are always making fun of me for being so into nail polish and they started comparing my hobby to a heroin addiction. In some senses, it’s very true.

3. How many bottles of NP do you own?
Agh. I lost count recently due to computer failure (I keep a spreadsheet). I estimate it’s around 1500.

4. How do you store you NP?
I use a storage unit from Ikea called Helmer. They are seriously amazing, it’s almost like they are made for nail polish. After they were discovered on MUA, I’ve never gone back to sterilite bins.

5. What's the most you have ever paid for a bottle of NP and was it worth it?
I don’t have a hard limit of how much I could spend a bottle but I don’t think I’ve ever gone over 25 (including shipping)… except once and yes it was really worth it lol. It’s not something I do often. My really expensive bottles have usually been very thoughtful gifts.

6. How much would you say you spend on NP a month?
Ugh. I really have no idea and that’s probably not a good thing. I’ve really toned down my spenditures lately – I think my collection has reached critical mass and in general I’m being more responsible with my money.

7. How do you feel about fake nails?
I don’t have a problem with them. I really don’t understand all the hate.

8. lf you had to get rid of all your NP and would only keep 5 bottles, which ones would you choose? (lt has to NP you already own)
Ack. Ummm. Probably Color Club Revvvolution, RBL Recycle, RBL Dead Calm, Nars Zulu, and Clarins 230.

9. Do you Franken your own NP?
Very rarely. I always feel like I’m wasting the original color.

10. What is your favorite brand of NP and why?
I don’t really have a favorite brand per se right now. It used to be OPI but lately they’ve been dropping the ball when it comes to color. China Glaze probably has the most creative colors as of late so if pressed, I would say them.

11. What is the best nail advice/tip/trick you have ever gotten?
To get Seche Vite. It’s amazing and it changed my life.

12. Where do you live?
Florida

13. What do you do for a living?
I’m a law student but soon I’ll be a prosecutor.

14. Do you have a significant other and/or any kids?
I have a significant other, no kids though.

15.What other hobbies do you have?
Law school takes everything away but in a previous life I was an avid reader. I also really enjoy anime, manga, and supernatural horror movies.

16. What is your favorite food?
Definitely sushi.

17. What is your beet memory?
Tough one to answer… hmm… probably getting to ask Ruth Bader Ginsburg a question when she came to speak at my school. My heart nearly pounded out of my chest.

18.What is your best and worst quality?
Man these are tough. Best quality, I guess would be that I have an over developed sense of guilt so I’m really ethical about everything, even really silly things. Worst quality, I’m SUPER negative. I hate everything. : P

19. If you would spend a day with anyone, who would it, be and why?
I don’t really idolize anyone famous. But I’d actually like to meet Scrangie. We seem to have so much in common (it’s uncanny, really) and we’ve become pretty close online but we live so far away from each other. I think it’d be fun.

20. What is something about you that most people don't know?
I am horribly afraid of the dark and generally sleep with a TV on. It has to be a TV because night lights are scary too.


I don't know about you guys, but I found out some interesting stuff that I otherwise would never have known about Stephanie! You can check out Stephanie's blog The Polish Addict by clicking here!


If you are a blogger interested in participating in this post series, please contact me an let me know!

16 comments:

Alexlyndra said...

Thank you for publishing this little interview. I was interesting to read the questions and answers. :)

Steph said...

<3

Velvet said...

Good interview! Interesting to know these little things about each other!

Lacquer Laine said...

What a great idea and great interview! I look at the Polish Addict (as well as this and other fave polish blogs) daily... Even several times a day! It's nice to learn about the girl behind the swatches!

Mary said...

I really enjoyed reading that! The Polish Addict was one of the first blogs I started reading and Brooke, you were kind enough to list mine when I first started. Keep up the great work ladies, you're both an inspiration :)

Helen said...

I enjoyed that too, really interesting! I adore Stephanies blog as well, it's def. one of my favorites :)

Brooke said...

ALEXLYNDRA - Thank you! I'm glad you found it interesting, I sure did.

STEPH - Back at ya babe!

VELVET - I thought so too! I can't wait to do another one :)

LACQUER LAINE - I agree! :)

MARY - Thank you soo much! Steph set a good example :)

VANESSA - I think her blog is so loved because like I said earlier, she is such a genuine, nice person :)

Mad'moiselle Cé said...

Thnaks for this interview.
The Polish Addict was the first blog I discovered and I very like it !

And you, you are the 2nd US person to talk about my blog, and it's so well-meaning :)

Inge said...

This is really cool. Stephanie's blog is one of my favorites too :)

P.S. you forgot to ask her about her thumb.

Brooke said...

CELINE - She does have a good one! Good luck with yours too!

PIXIE - I totally forgot all about the dang thumb measurements - what an idiot I am!!

Olivia C. said...

That was really fun to read! I look forward to the others!!! :D

contests and such said...

Great questions, Brooke! I really enjoyed reading this!

Lucy said...

Thanks so much Brooke. I really enjoyed reading about Stephanie. It's nice to know about you online blogger friends. I think you should answer those questions yourself also. They are really good ones.

MrsKiwiYeti said...

Brooke,

Your interviews are a GREAT idea!!! Thank you :}

Stephanie,

Thanks for participating. It's really nice to learn more about our on-line friends :}

Kathryn

yummy411 said...

brooke, i love this interview! it was great getting to know more about steph. how cool is it that she wants to meet scrangie?? see that's why i love her. i want to meet scrangie too! ;)

Brooke said...

YUMMY411 - Thanks so much! I hoped you all would really like these interviews, and I really liked the non-nail polish related questions too.

I would like to meet Scrangie too and I might knock an old lady down at a chance to see Scrangies stash too :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
This policy is valid from 07 December 2009


This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact getchanailsdid@yahoo.com.


This blog does not accept any form of cash advertising, sponsorship, or paid topic insertions. However, we will and do accept and keep free products, services, travel, event tickets, and other forms of compensation from companies and organizations.

This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.


To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org