Friday, April 17, 2009

DOES YOUR EMAIL NOT WORK???

OPEN LETTER TO NAIL POLISH COMPANIES:

I am fed up to here (reaching as far above my head as I can!) with companies that don't answer their emails. And by companies, I mean NAIL POLISH companies. . . . . . and by nail polish companies I mean - SINFUL COLORS, PURE ICE, LOVE MY NAILS, CAROLYN NY..... (there is more of ya, so don't be smilin' if I didn't mention your name)


If you have a website up and you clearly have a CONTACT US button with an email address, and I contact you, don't you think I DESERVE a response back? It's the LEAST you could do for someone that PAYS your bills, because really, that's what WE all do when we buy a bottle (or 20) of your product.


I would think that IN THIS ECONOMY (I can't believe I just said that) you would be falling all over yourself to keep your customers happy. Especially when your product is certainly not one of necessity. How hard could it be to take a few minutes and actually respond to someone who took time out of their day and their busy schedule to send you an email? Is YOUR time more precious than MINE?? And I KNOW damn good and well most of ya'll sitting in your office responding and sending your own PERSONAL emails on company time. I know this because I do it too, but I don't neglect my company related emails, and they certainly come before my personal ones.


One would also think that when you get an email and I specifically say that I write a blog and SEVERAL people would be interested in finding out the answer to the question I so thoughtfully took the time to send you, that you would mos. def. want to respond. I don't feel more deserving of an answer because I write a blog, but I do think you would see it as a way to spread good word about your company through the masses, and by masses I mean Nail Polish Freaks, like myself, who read nail polish blogs, who buy nail polish by the dozens, who change their polish daily, who own enough polish to open their own salon, & who also happen to be YOUR customers.


If you don't have time to respond to emails then please TAKE DOWN YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS. What's the point of posting one if you have no desire to respond?? It is a waste of my time, frustrating, and becoming a down right pet peeve to send YOU an email that you know you will never respond to. Save us BOTH the time and take down your email address.
Of course I would LOVE to email you this letter direct, but I think we all know how THAT turns out . . . . . .


Thanks,


Brooke B.

14 comments:

Dee said...

You tell 'em. They probably never answer their emails, and sit in meetings all day asking "how can we make more sales ... hmm?" obliviously. The poor customer service and poor marketing of some of those companies is amazing.

clockwork said...

They should do, I mean the nicety of answering back, is that little extra bit of customer service that could go a long way, especially when you get the word out to so many people blogwise about their product. Responses back would be so nice, a little interaction would go far.

Nixxy said...

Well said! I've had the same problem - and not just with nail polish companies. They should be grabbing hold of every customer they can get their grubby hands on, and instead they've obviously just fired whoever works in IT and answers their mail! They should be trying to build a relationship with us, not pissing us off

Helen said...

Very well said!
I think it's nothing short of scandalous that certain companies act this way. By behaving like this, it's hard to think of them as "serious" companies.
In the end, they'll loose lots of customers I believe.

Mary said...

You're absolutely right, and you say it very well. I have had this problem too and it amazes me, like you said, given the economy. You're basically giving them free advertising and they can't even respond. Very frustrating and unprofessional.

Rai said...

All this is true!!
Having a 'Contact Us' and not answering defeats the purpose.

Too Faced cosmetics has this problem. smh.

Bad customer service = NO SERVICE!

Lucy said...

Brava Brooke! Very good post. It is a shame that there is such bad service. There is so much good publicity that they could get just by responding to you. They should realize there are blogs that talk about service and products. They better get with it.

Anonymous said...

you said it sister!!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah! I'm in 100% agreement! I have been contacting companies to see if they test on animals, and many haven't responded.

One company- Color Club- was outstanding and got back to my information request fast, and they even provided details on stuff I didn't even ask about.

Anonymous said...

Yeah! I'm in 100% agreement! I have been contacting companies to see if they test on animals, and many haven't responded.

One company- Color Club- was outstanding and got back to my information request fast, and they even provided details on stuff I didn't even ask about.

Velvet said...

Oh yes..I've had same problem! Hopefully some of these companies will read this post. I hope so! Because they need to step up their game. Like you said, "in this economy", nail polish is not a "necessity"!

Penny @ Zularis Naturals said...

Even some of the bigger companies have the same issue. When OPI first relaunched their updated site I tried to write to them about the Try it on now feature. Even had a really cool suggestion for them. But none of the email addys worked....none. Don't know if things have changed now but I'm going to waste my time writing them again. It's annoying to think they would drop the ball on something important like working email addresses.

Chrissy said...

Some companies really lack in the customer service & relations departments, don't they? :(


Also:
http://cosmeticfixation.blogspot.com/2009/04/ive-been-taaaaagged.html

I tagged you! If you are bored, give it a shot! :) I hope you don't mind that I did (tag you I mean).

Brooke said...

CHRISSSY - Sorry it has taken me this long to notice this, but thank you! I will take a look today :)

Thank you all!! I'm sorry to not address everyone individually, but I am trying to get caught up, but please know I have read and appreciate each and every one of your comments :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
This policy is valid from 07 December 2009


This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact getchanailsdid@yahoo.com.


This blog does not accept any form of cash advertising, sponsorship, or paid topic insertions. However, we will and do accept and keep free products, services, travel, event tickets, and other forms of compensation from companies and organizations.

This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.


To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org