Thursday, April 2, 2009

NOTD - RED GLITTER ZEBRA

First, I have a really great idea for some Easter nail art I planned on having for you today. However, things were not working out as I planned last night, and I felt myself rushing through it and I didn't want to have messy nail art, so I decided to try again tonight and get it done.


Now on to the NOTD. I have been wanting to do a sparkly, glittery base with a creme konad, so I finally decided on that for my konad.


I used Super Star Nail Lacquer - Walk The Red Carpet for the base. I painted two coats of this. I really like this color, but I really can't say much for the formula. I have tried four polishes out of the five that I bought of this brand, and all four have had "wear" issues. Usually they have a problem with chipping. I can not remember the last time I had a nail polish that chipped in the first day. And not just one little chip, the polish was chipping OFF. Walk The Red Carpet hasn't chipped (yet) but as you will see, there was tip pulling. I know that when I have used glitter polish in the past, I usually do get the tip pulling. This polish was so nice and thin though, I thought that it might not happen. This is really bothering me, I almost didn't want to post these pics up, it looks like I have had this on for three days or something. I am pleased with how the design aspect of it came out though.















12 comments:

Rai said...

I really like this red! =D
Love the zebra print, too.

I'm ready to see those Easter inspired nails.

Deez Nailz - Canadas most fabulous hand model said...

That looks awesome, I luv red/black and pink/black combos!!!!!!too bad about the quality of the Superstars.....

contests and such said...

Very nice looking red sparkley polish. Sucks about the tipwear, it makes me even more glad that I didn't buy those :)

Velvet said...

I love the animal print with the red! Looks really good with your skintone! Yes,I do see the tip wear! Dang!! I've not tried these polishes. Not sure if I want to now.

Brooke said...

RAI - All I can say is that there is going to be a basket involved in the easter nail art :)

DEEZ NAILZ - Thank you. I know, they have some really unique and nice colors, if they could just get their formula down pat it would be all good.

NESSA - Thanks. Maybe they will get the bugs worked out and get their nail polish working right.

VELVET - Thank you so much. They really have some nice unique colors, so you just have to weigh the pros and cons before getting any of this brand.

Lucy said...

Love this combo brooke, looks very pretty! Shame about the tip wear. If I didn't know better I would have thought it was a 3 day old mani. What a bummer! Nice manicure anyway. I swear I must have had a top in that print a long time ago. Very 80's I believe.

Olivia C. said...

Love the colors!
OC

Helen said...

Love the name of this gorgeous red; Walk The Red Carpet :)
Too bad about the chipping. Zebra konad turned out beautifully!

Nixxy said...

HOT! HOT! HOT!

Violet LeBeaux said...

Man I love this design! So cute! Hopefully I'm going to be getting Konad this week, I'm so looking forward to it!

Brooke said...

LUCY - Ah!! A fashion addict in the 80's were you!? lol I can remember some of my mom's clothes from the 80's that I thought were sooo cool.

OLIVIA C - Thanks :)

VANESSA - It is a pretty good name. Thanks :)

NIXXY - Oh great!! Now I have that stupid song stuck in my head.......

VIOLET - Did you order one and just waiting on the mail to deliver? I hope so, I can't wait to see what you do with it on your blog !

aquaracer said...

nice sexy looking nails! rawr!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
This policy is valid from 07 December 2009


This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact getchanailsdid@yahoo.com.


This blog does not accept any form of cash advertising, sponsorship, or paid topic insertions. However, we will and do accept and keep free products, services, travel, event tickets, and other forms of compensation from companies and organizations.

This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.


To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org