OC NAIL ARTis THE place to go to get all things Konad! Kathleen processes your orders fast, usually the same day! She has a great selection and great prices. I have never encountered such wonderful customer service either! I would highly reccomendKathleen and OC Nail Artfor all your Konad needs!
This is the third and last of my un-showns. I used Billie - Lime for the base. I had to use several coats of this, but it dries really quickly, so I don't mind having to apply several coats if I have the time. I love how shiny the polish ends up looking too. I then used my konad and stamped the Chinese letter/word on my nails in gold. This looked really cool in person, but it was hard to capture the flashy gold of the stamp by my lamp light.
This is the second of my un-showns. This is just some swatches of a Finger Paints nail polish I picked up a while ago from Sally's. I am not usually a "peach" person, but after Mac's peach was posted all over the blogosphere, I had kinda been wanting one. I believe this cost around $4.50 from Sally's with my discount card. While this is a pretty color, I don't really know that I like it on me, plus I don't think it resembles the Mac color that originally made me want a peach colored polish in the first place. I might have to wear this all day and see if it grows on me or not.
This is the first of my previously un-shown mani's I had stored up. I found three, so I will post them all.
On this one I used Color Club - Electro Candy and stamped them with Konad SP in black & used plate #M71. I didn't do the best on the stamping, which is why I haven't shown this one to you all. But since I have been lacking in the posts I figured an ugly koni was better than no koni, lol!
Like I said, I could not get blogger to upload the pictures of Steph to accompany her Getting To Know feature, but I believe it was just with that one post as I just uploaded some pictures. So I am just going to post her pictures here and provide a link to the original post.
Yes, ladies, I think I found a pretty close alternative to my beloved TiNS. This isn't a dupe, so I am giving it the title of an alternative. I have actually had this color for a while, but had only worn it once. However, when I came across it the other day, I thought it looked pretty close to a TiNS nail polish. This is jammed packed full of multi sized, holo glitter. This is also pretty opaque in one coat, but two is best to really bring out the bling factor. The polish I am talking about is by Clarie's and it is called Slime. It retails at Claire's stores for $3.50, which ain't bad at all. As far as I know, this is the only color that has the multi sized, chunky glitter look. So for those who can't get your own TiNS, but love the look - I would definitely suggest Claire's - Slime for a great alternative.
Yes I am still here, just been busy yesterday. You know Monday's are my busy days. I still can't seem to upload the two pictures that Steph sent me to go with her Getting To Know feature I did. But I will keep trying to see what I can do.
My air conditioner went out last night and won't be up and running until today (I HOPE!!!) so last night sitting at a table doing my nails was the last thing on my mind in an 85 degree house. So I don't have a NOTD pic for you all today. I think I might have a couple stored up that I haven't shown you all yet, so hopefully if blogger lets me, I will get those up for you all.
One last thing - I have Friday July 3rd off and the following Monday July 6th off, so I have a big four day weekend coming up, which means I won't be blogging during those days. You know, I just like to keep you all informed so you know why I don't have any new posts up.
Today I have featured for you Steph from Nail Juice. I really enjoy her blog and have been reading it from day one. Steph has recently started attending nail school, so her blog is filled with all of the cool things she has learned at school. Of course, she still has her amazing swatches and nail art pictures as always! Thank you Steph for doing this!
(I have some pictures to post with this aswell, but blogger is being a pain right now, I will get them up as soon as possible though)
1. How or why did you start your blog? I started one because I was so inspired by everyone's NOTD posts on their blogs, I was also trying to grow my nails too, so it was sort of like a good motivation to do it and not bite them n_n 2. How did you come up with the name for your blog? Hehe It was the name of my make believe company at school when I was doing art design, a few people said they liked the name - so here it is! :D
3. How many bottles of NP do you own? My stash always stays over the 100 mark, but its changing quite frequently so I never really know hehe. I think last time I counted it was 140ish.
4. How do you store you NP? In a cosmetics trolley. Because I love to see everything at once and have it all displayed nicely. At the moment its all higildy pigildy, I have been sorting through the stash trying to cull some. Oh! It has three... levels if you will, and on the top level it has little separated areas so I have areas for my top/base coats, remover stuff, untrieds, nail stickers... hmm... I think thats all.
5. What’s the most you have ever paid for a bottle of NP and was it worth it? I think the most was $30NZ ($15US), but that isn't really too much I think. $50 would be my tops, and it would have to be an all time lemming (which I don't have lol yet).
6. How much would you say you spend on NP a month? I used to spend about $50NZ ($25US) or so dollars a month, but thats when I had a lot of disposable income. Now its pretty much about $5 a month, if that. It feels like forever since I made an order! I am ordering those Zoya Mattes no matter what.
7. How do you feel about fake nails? Well after making them and wearing them for about 5 weeks... they really aren't as bad as I thought they would be. I used to think, acrylics are really horrible for your nails. But they really aren't. All they do is scratch up the top layer - no damage, and you can buff that away and it'll grow out over time too :) So how I feel about them now is quite different, I like how you can make up a nail just like that to match your own if it broke or something. They are really strong too! Although saying all this, I will be going back to natural very shortly. Just because I prefer the feel of them, they don't melt with remover as well.
8. If you had to get rid of all your NP and could only keep 5 bottles, which ones would you choose? (It has to NP you already own) 1 - Color Club Pure Energy 2 - OPI Earthquake! 3- OPI Play Till Midnight 4 - China Glaze Awaken 5 - MAC Peppermint Patti
9. Do you Franken your own NP? Sure do, but I haven't really got into it that much. I have made about 7 I think. My mum owns most of them hehe.
10. What is your favorite brand of NP and why? Probably the ones I own most of, OPI. The formula seems to be great (most of the time) and they bring out really lovely colours. But then again I absolutely love the Color Clubs I have, their formula is great 100% of the time and has no baddies. Its a tie :D
11. What is the best NP advice/tip/trick you have ever gotten? Hmm probably just to wrap my tips when polishing. Helps prevent chips, and also usually stops shrinkage from using a fast dry top coat.
12. Where do you live? Auckland, New Zealand.
13. What do you do for a living? Student, studying to be a nail tech, then to be a makeup artist, then to be a fashion designer. No desk job for me :D Well unless you call a manicure table a desk...
14. Do you have a significant other and/or any kids? Yep :) One significant other. Hopefully moving in with him soon in a month or so. No kids, well I do have a cat, Bella, who has me running around after her.
15. What other hobbies do you have? Drawing, designing and make-up. Make-up not really that much, but its growing!
16. What is your favorite food? Teriyaki chicken on rice. I love the Japanese.
17. What is your best memory? Probably when my sister and I first got our kittens. We had no idea what cats were like as we had always had a dog. They were surprising us everyday with how high they could jump, and how much they talk to/hassle you n_n
18. What is your best and worst quality? I think my best would probably be punctuality, i'm never really late. Which is always good :)
My worst is probably, gosh, I have so many lol. No self control is probably the worst, I always tell myself "stop eating m&ms! Stop eating takeaways!"... well the takeaways has stopped a little but the m&ms haven't.
19. If you could spend a day with anyone, who would it be and why? My bestfriend from high school, Vero. We got along so well, played survival horror games after school in the darkness... good times, would love to see what shes up to :)
20. What is something about you that most people don’t know? How to spell my name. I don't really blame them though as I introduce myself as Steph, not as Stephani n_n
I was really excited about using my color change Del Sol polishes, so I picked Pretty In Pink to use last night for my NOTD. I also went with a bright, granny smith apple green glitter to do some french tips in. I used a new Stripe Rite NAP I got at Sally's a while ago, but haven't used. I really like how this turned out, so flashy and all.
It might look like there are some bald spots on the nail tips, but they really are not noticable at all, as a matter of fact, i didn't even know they were there until I uploaded the pics and saw them huge on the screen.
The hard part was having to wait until today to be able to see what it looked like in the sun. I love the sun pics, I think it looks like a watermelon! I need to add some black seeds and I will be good to go!
This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact email@example.com.
This blog does not accept any form of cash advertising, sponsorship, or paid topic insertions. However, we will and do accept and keep free products, services, travel, event tickets, and other forms of compensation from companies and organizations.
This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.
The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.
This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.
To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org