Tuesday, June 16, 2009

HANA PROFESSIONAL FLAT IRON - PRODUCT REVIEW


I have naturally curly hair that MUST be dealt with straight out of the shower. I can not just simply let my hair air dry - or I will have frizzy, messy hair. So in order to maintain my hair I must either use hot rollers, use products to keep my curls in OR straighten my hair. My preferred look is to straighten my hair, however this is the most time consuming to do. I have pretty long hair, so it's not just an in and out thing for me. My current flat iron has been pretty good for me, and I have been very pleased with it. I don't recall the brand, but I got it from a beauty store and it cost me around $100. I have had this flat iron for about 5-6 years. I loved my current iron and when out of town with my sisters, they liked using my flat iron opposed to theirs. Needless to say, the Hana Professional had some pretty big shoes to fill.


When I was presented with an opportunity to try out a Hana Salon flat iron, I was thrilled! Lisa Cocuzza of It's A Glam Thing and Hana Salon sent me the Hana Professional Ceramic Flat Iron with Tourmaline. Here is what Hana claims their product to do:

The HANA Professional flat iron features Advanced Fusion Molding for reinforced tourmaline ceramic plates that are glass-smooth & durable. Tourmaline, a precious mineral, generates intense negative ions conditioning damaged hair follicles for healthy, frizz-free shine that lasts.
Also the listed features of this flat iron include:

  • Advanced Tourmaline Ceramic Plates for Accelerated Ion Generation and Maximum Frizz-Free, Conditioning Shine
  • Floating Plates Auto-Adjust To Glide Over Any Hair Texture
  • Curved Plate Edges For Versatile Styling - Curl, Flip or Straighten!
  • Adjustable Temperature Dial - 5 Settings from 140-450° for All Hair Types
  • Flash Heats in Seconds with Instant Compensation
  • Ergonomic Handle Design with No-Slip Grip
  • Smooth Grooves Keep Hair Strands Separate and Snag-Free
  • Tangle-Free Salon Quality Cord Swivels 360°; Convenient Hanging Loop
  • Energy Efficient at 38 Watts; Independent On/Off Switch
  • Includes Luxe Heat Proof Storage Pouch, Heat Proof Silicone Mat, & Special Edition Tin Case
  • One Year Warranty

While waiting for my product to arrive, I read several other reviews on this product and needless to say my expectations were pretty high.

My product arrived in a tin case, and inside that contained a heat proof storage pouch that held my iron and one of the coolest things - a heat proof silicone mat! With a flat iron that gets up to 450°, this is a must to keep from burning counter tops (believe me, I know first hand how important this is!).

I washed my hair as usual and let air dry. Below you can see what my hair looked like before using the Hana Professional:

A curly, frizzy mess just like I told you!



One of the first things I noticed about this flat iron compared to my old one was how light it was! I never really noticed before how heavy my old flat iron was. I definitely liked that about this iron. A couple of other things I noticed and liked was the cord. I like the 8 foot length of it. The cord is long enough where you can move around (anyone that shares a bathroom knows how important this is when you have to share mirror space) and I also love the swivel feature that keeps the cord from twisting. There is also a little loop right by the swivel on the cord that allows you to hang your iron on a hook. I usually just store mine away when I'm done, but I really think that is a very handy feature.


I turned my flat iron almost all the way up to the highest setting and set to straightening my hair. I usually pull my hair up into sections to get a nice, flat look. I noticed right way how much faster I was getting my hair done. For me this is normally a process of flat iron one section and then go give my arms a break and let the iron heat back up again. Using the Hana Professional I was able to literally ZOOM right through! The straightening time was cut in half compared to my old flat iron! I was done in about 15 minutes as opposed to my usual 30-40 minutes. I also didn't have to take breaks and let my arms rest, due to the fact this iron is much lighter and quicker.


Take a look at my straight hair!!




Look! Even Dinky couldn't take her eyes off my hair!

I really, honestly can't think of a single negative quality about this iron! Even the price is reasonable at $130, that is even with a warranty*! Considering I used to buy cheap-o ones at Walmart that quit on me every couple of months (not to mention the crappy job they did) in a years time, you could save the $30-$40 each that you shell out for those and make ONE purchase for a really great flat iron!

I would definitely recommend this flat iron ladies! Two thumbs up from me.


*WARRANTY - I am a little confused as to the length of the warranty. The Hana website lists it as a 1 ONE year warranty, however on the website linked to purchase from, Misikko.com, they have it showing a 2 TWO year warranty.

7 comments:

Lucy said...

What a nice head of hair you have. I can't believe how pretty your hair looks! Nice job you did. Your hair looks very healthy in your before picture. It's nice that you can wear your hair curly or straight. I've never tried a flat iron. I have wavy hair and I just let it do it's own thing.

Unknown said...

I need a new flat iron soooo bad! I will add this to the list of maybe's thanks for the review Brooke!

contests and such said...

You're hair looks lovely, Brooke! So shiny, straight, and long. I bet it would look awesome curled, too!
I like how you got Dinky in the pic :)

MrsKiwiYeti said...

Brooke,

Thank you for the review! I need a new iron, and you just saved me a bunch of research. Do you have a suggestion as to where to purchase one of these?

Helen said...

Great review, thankyou - and it really did the job! I'm a curly girl too and could not live without my bi-annual chemical straightening (because it rains a lot in the winter, and again in the summer so I don't have to faff about on holiday) and my GHDs for a little top up.

I swear spending more on ceramic plates pays for itself in the long run.

Kae said...

Good review, I really like your haircut!

If my Solia ever dies on me I'll know what to get.

Violet LeBeaux said...

Oh wow your hair is so shiny and pretty :D
Good review!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
This policy is valid from 07 December 2009


This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact getchanailsdid@yahoo.com.


This blog does not accept any form of cash advertising, sponsorship, or paid topic insertions. However, we will and do accept and keep free products, services, travel, event tickets, and other forms of compensation from companies and organizations.

This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.


To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org