Tuesday, June 23, 2009

BRIGHT, SO SO SO VERY BRIGHT!!

::EDIT::
Items used to complete this mani:







!!WARNING!!!
VERY BRIGHT, IN YO' FACE NAILS BELOW!!
!!WARNING!!


These babies *almost* glowed in the dark last night, ALMOST! I totally forgot to grab the nail polishes that I used for this look, so I will have to update the post tomorrow. I do know the base coat is a brand called BILLIE that was sent to me by DEEZ NAILZ (yes, I am finally getting to these babies, lol!). As far as we could tell Billie is a brand only found in Canada. She picked these up at her local dollar store and posted some swatches on her blog. I immediately fell in love with them. So she sent me about 4-5 bright neons a while ago and I am just now getting to them.

I decided to use the bright as hell neon orange, probably the brightest color of the bunch. I love this orange, what can I say?? It applied very nice, it dried VERY quickly - the only problem I had was I needed several coats so that I couldn't see a visible nail line. It's that strange, dark line you can see not like the white part of the nail, sort of hard to explain, but I think you all know what I mean. I probably did about 6 coats, but it really didn't bother me as it dries SOOOO fast.

I forgot to take pictures of this all on it's own last night though, so I snagged one of Deez Nailz pics she did on her blog:

Ok, tell me that doesn't look like this polish comes battery operated! This looks like a damn neon light hanging in the window of a bar! Even I was a little worried about wearing a color this bright to work, so I decided to tone it down with a full nail konad. Of course I didn't want to kill all the brightness of this, so I went with a hot pink to stamp with. I love it! I even got a compliment from my boss on this mani - which is amazing since this is so not her style what so ever! Plus she has never really complimented me on my nails before. Of course with a mani this bright, how could she not notice, right?

In real life, the pink stamp does stand out quite a bit better than captured on camera, but it depends on what light I am in. This is going down as one of my favorite manis! I am even thinking of making this my pedi color - wooot!!

Ok, STOP RIGHT HERE! Doesn't it look like the pink circles are just floating on the orange polish? Check out all that shine too! This is just -in the words of my son- awwwwwesommmme! Ok - you can continue now! :)






7 comments:

Alexlyndra said...

Oh wow, that's really pretty!

Tuli said...

This orange rocks !!! Great job Deez !!!
And I just love that Konadicure you did there - that looks awesome !

Mary said...

Deez is lovely, as is yours! Every time I see orange and pink I think how pretty it looks together.

Lucy said...

Love it, love it! That would look fantastic on your toes. Some black patent flip flops would love good. Don't wear this if you don't want to get noticed.

Unknown said...

awesome possum!

Anonymous said...

Whoa! Retina-searing- but awesome! I love it with the Konad!

Deez Nailz - Canadas most fabulous hand model said...

FINALLY!!!!!! It is bright, isnt it? This combo is lovely and I think the konad with the pink circles makes this look sooooooooooo cool!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
This policy is valid from 07 December 2009


This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact getchanailsdid@yahoo.com.


This blog does not accept any form of cash advertising, sponsorship, or paid topic insertions. However, we will and do accept and keep free products, services, travel, event tickets, and other forms of compensation from companies and organizations.

This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.


To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org