Friday, June 19, 2009

DIAMOND COSMETICS REVIEW - PART 2

Today I have the second installment of the Diamond Cosmetics review. Let's take a look at the four colors I did last night:



TWINKLE TWINKLE PERIWINKLE

This color reminds me so much of Finger Paints - Lilac Lagoon that I just wore a few weeks ago. I even included a picture of Lilac Lagoon for comparison sake. TTP doesn't have the amount of gold shimmer that LL has, but the base colors are almost a perfect match. I applied two coats of TTP and there were no formula issues at all. I really liked this color!

Twinkle Twinkle Periwinkle
Lilac Lagoon




TWILIGHT VIOLET

How freakin pretty is this baby? This was my favorite of the ones I tried last night. I love the shimmer that alot of the Diamond Cosmetics polishes have. This one was no exception. I did apply three coats of this one to remove all traces of a visible nail line, but on shorter nails I think two would have been ok. This was one that I was wishing I would have done last so I could keep it on for my NOTD. I just LOVE it. Very pretty.







LEMON YELLOW ZEST

Ahhh, Lemon Yellow Zest - what can I say about you? I did not like this color at all. In the bottle it looked ok, but on it just had a weird look to it. It could be that yellows just aren't the most flattering on me, but I just thought this color was ugly. This is the only one that was a pain in the ass to apply too. I know yellows tend to be streaky, but this one seemed a little over the top streaky. I know that if I would have paid money for this I would have been disappointed. Nothing about this one worked for me.





HUE ARE YOU?

This one was the one I was most excited about just looking at the bottles. This one has a TON of gold shimmer in it that really stands out against the dark red/maroon base color. When I wore this one it reminded me of rust. It really kind of has a little duo chrome thing going on, where it flashes different colors on the same nail. I had a little application issues with this one, but I can't really pin point what it was. As you can see this one is a little messier than my other swatches, and that's the issues that I had with it. Other than that, this was opaque in two coats and is most definitely a very unique color.







Again, I have to say I am still pleased with this brand of nail polish! I think this is a great product for an even better price at $2.00. I am glad that I did get a dud in the bunch with Lemon Yellow Zest, so that you guys know that I speak the truth on these polishes. These really are good. I have noticed that none of the bottles list the ingredients though and I am not entirely sure if they are on their website either. I don't usually check the ingredients, but I know some of you do (NIXXY) so that could prove to be a problem. Other than that, I say GETCHA NAILS DID with some Diamond Cosmetics!

7 comments:

Mary said...

All lovely! THanks for sharing and have a great weekend :)

Rai said...

Even prettier out of the bottle.
I'm in love, Brooke! lmao.

Do you know how much their shipping is?

Unknown said...

I love your colors! can't wait to try these!

Brooke said...

MARY - Thanks, you too!

RAI - I think I saw a special they were doing, buy 10 bottles of polish and your shipping is under $5. I have an email in to confirm this though.

KITTY - Thanks! I am excited to see what colors you have.

Lucy said...

All pretty! I think that yellow looks like you dipped you fingers in egg yolk. Hue Are You is so beautiful. Love all that shimmer in it. I'm making a list for these polishes. It's getting longer!

Helen said...

Lucy you are so right, I thought egg yolk as soon as I saw that.

Personally I love Hue Are You, and Twinkle Twinkle Periwinkle. Yum.

Well, that's $4 towards my $250 order, hehe.

Velvet said...

I'm sooo loving Hue Are You...gorgeous! Thats too bad about the yellow. The others are very nice looking too. These are such great polishes for two bucks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
This policy is valid from 07 December 2009


This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact getchanailsdid@yahoo.com.


This blog does not accept any form of cash advertising, sponsorship, or paid topic insertions. However, we will and do accept and keep free products, services, travel, event tickets, and other forms of compensation from companies and organizations.

This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.


To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org