Friday, June 5, 2009

SO LADYLIKE & THE BEST REVIEW EVER!!

That's what this color looks like to me, very ladylike. I went to Sally's last night to get a bottle of Seche top coat ((( which Sally's has buy a Seche Top Coat get a base coat for free w/ coupon))) and I saw this collection of Finger Paints. I really don't know if this came from a new collection or an existing one, but this lavender caught my eye. The color is Lilac Lagoon by Finger Paints. This is a really nice, light shade of purple with tons of gold micro glitter in it. The gold actually looks like gold powder or tiny flakes, it is really pretty. And while even with my discount card Finger Paints polish go for over $4, a bit on the expensive side in my opinion. But I knew that I didn't have another color like this one and I was really drawn to it.


I made this my nail of the day, so I saved it for last after all my swatching. The first coat was as sheer as sheer could be - dread!! However after three coats it was almost bottle color and no longer had that look of sheerness to it. I ended up doing four coats. This is totally not a "me" color and not something that I would wear often, but I really liked this. The words ladylike and dainty kept popping in my head.


So now on to the best review ever. I asked my son what did he think of this color. His review was one thumb up and one thumb down, lol. So I asked him what that meant, and he said it was a little "dumb" and a little "good". LMAO!! He said he likes it better when I do stamps on my nails and thought I should stamp a pirate or an animal on it - that kid, that kid!








Rai, this color makes me think of you for some reason, just looks like something right up your alley. Of course, please correct me if this isn't :)

14 comments:

Kae said...

Great color, I love the subtle gold flakey glitter. and your son is hilarious! Wish I had a Sallys here, that Seche deal sounds good!

Have a great weekend :)

Brooke said...

KAE - Thank you, yes the gold makes this color really stand out. Too bad no Sally's around you!! For both it only ended up costing me like $4+!

Rai said...

LMAO! Your son is so silly.

And yeaaaa this color has my name written all over it!!
Our Sally's succcccccccks here. I wonder if we have it. lol

I like that it has a nice shimmer to it, but it's not overpowering.

Helen said...

Oooh I love it! So pretty and chic - reminds me of a cross between OPI's Done Out In Deco and You're A Doll. And seeing as I love both of those it's no great shocker that this one appeals.

Have you pirated over the top yet? Haha!

Brooke said...

RAI - Yes, my son is totally silly. I thought you might like this one. This was all set apart from like the regular colors so that's what made me think it might be part of a new summer collection.

HELEN - No pirates - I'm tryin to be a lady ova heeeere!

Helen said...

hehe, shiver those ladylike timbers!

Velvet said...

Hmmm...it's a lot prettier on the nails. Than in the bottle. Very subtle.

aquaracer said...

this is such a pretty color, Brooke!! something that's right up my alley too. haha

Brooke said...

HELEN - LMAO!! Totally!

VELVET - It is a very subtle color - so totally not me, but i just love this one for some reason.

AQUARACER - Thank you.

Mary said...

Your son is a wise young man! I'm so happy to see you posted a picture of this...I picked it up a couple weeks ago and haven't tried it yet. Love that it has gold shimmer!

Lucy said...

I think your son must keep you in stitches. I think he deserves a pirate design on your nails. I'm with him on this and I'd like to see one also. Color is pretty and I didn't think this was you.

lola5375 said...

We must be on the same wavelength lately - I just bought this at Sally earlier this week. I did a half-n-half mani (split on the diagonal) with this and the darker lavendar highlight creme.

Deez Nailz - Canadas most fabulous hand model said...

I love subtle flakes in polish's I think this looks really cool.

Brooke said...

MARY - It is really a pretty color. Very neutral looking at first sight and then you see all the gold flecks.

LUCY - I totally should have added a skull on at least one of the nails, huh!

LOLA - Ohhhh!! I bet that looked really pretty!!

DEEZNAILZ - Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
This policy is valid from 07 December 2009


This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact getchanailsdid@yahoo.com.


This blog does not accept any form of cash advertising, sponsorship, or paid topic insertions. However, we will and do accept and keep free products, services, travel, event tickets, and other forms of compensation from companies and organizations.

This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.


To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org