Wednesday, June 17, 2009

DIAMOND COSMETICS

It seems as though I have abandoned you dear ladies, but I haven't, I promise! ! ! I was a little busy last night (will let you all know why in a future post) and so I really don't have much to post for you all today. I do want to introduce you to Diamond Cosmetics though.


I have some really wonderful nail polishes from Diamond Cosmetics that I will be reviewing. I just wanted to share a little bit about the colors that I have and about the company. When I was first contacted, one of the wonderful things that stood out to me is the nail color "Don't Teal My Heart Away". This color was introduced for a really great cause, Ovarian Cancer Awareness. Diamond Cosmetics are encouraging women to paint their toenails with the Ovarian Cancer Awareness color, teal, to spark conversation about the cause. Also, Diamond Cosmetics will be donating 25 cents from each sale of "Don't Teal My Heart Away" to the National Ovarian Cancer Coalition. How great is that?


Diamond cosmetics has sent me 12 polishes, 10 colors and 1 top coat and 1 base coat to try out, which includes their Summer 2009 collection.


Summer 2009 Collection






I will be doing a full review on all these polishes very soon, however, there was one color that really stood out to me and I was dying to try so I will have swatches of just that color coming up.


I have been informed that Diamond cosmetics is currently in the process of redesigning their website, which I noticed a few problems when I visited, so please be patient, they should have the kinks worked out soon. Since their website is under redesign, Chelsea of Diamond Cosmetics was kind enough to include a hand painted color chart. OMG!! I wish ALL nail polish companies had one of these!! I love this thing! I realize this isn't something they normally do, but I can't stop raving about the color chart. I took a picture of it so you all could see the awesomeness.

Another thing I noticed right off the bat is the price of these polishes - a mere $2 ea (with the exception of 6 colors, they are $2.50 ea)! That is nice an cheap, which isn't something you find to often now-a-days, especially with nail polish. Most of these "new" or unknown nail polish brands start out at like $6-$9 each. That's alot of money to shell out when you can get brands like OPI, China Glaze, Misa, etc for about half that price.


One last thing that stood out already about Diamond Cosmetics is that for $2 a bottle you also get clever names with your polish! I know, the name is in no way a reflection of nail polish quality, but we all like a little creativity when it comes to the name instead of just "green" "purple" "orange". Here are a couple of names that I really liked & that stood out to me:


Nice N' Naked - A nude, flesh color


Dirty & Flirty - A darkened bronze


Hot Kinky Pink - A pink creme


Talk of the Town Brown - Light brown creme


They also have a few glow in the dark colors too that they call Nite Lites




Cool, huh!?

This company really has some interesting colors too, lots of glitter, shimmers and cremes. They have some unexpected color combos too on a few colors, including one that I will be reviewing for you.

So stay tuned ladies!

11 comments:

Lucy said...

Thanks for putting up that chart. Their colors on the web site are horrible. I can use this chart to order. Much easier to see. Nice collection to review. They look so pretty and summery. Their prices are terrific, also the shipping is pretty good. Can't wait to see them all.

Brooke said...

LUCY - I love the color chart! It is so nice getting to see the ACTUAL colors in person!

Rai said...

The colors look awesome.
Can't wait to see swatches & designs, Brooke! =D

Helen said...

That colour chart is amazing! I'd probably stick on my fridge!

I really like the middle two on the bottom photo but I'm excited about them all. Bargainous AND great colours. Wish they'd get themselves over to the UK!

Nina said...

omg i'm totally going to buy some glow in the dark ones! :D
i love buying nail polish just because of their names lol

Brooke said...

RAI - I should have them up shortly!

HELEN - I know, it's totally cool!

NINA - The names are too much fun! I need some of the glow in the dark ones too.

adorepink said...

I like the color chart, now thats something I havent seen on any of the other nail bloggers post about diamond cosmetics. :-)

anotheremptysky said...

THANK YOU for posting a color chart!! I got my first order on Monday from Diamond Cosmetics and can't wait to order more now :)

Mary said...

Those look like great colors! I've been hearing a lot of good things about this brand and only $2.00...that's really amazing.

Brooke said...

ADOREPINK - I think I saw these on Yummy411 - I THINK. (Maybe Clumps of Mascara) But the color chart is awesome!!!

ANOTHEREMPTYSKY - I'm so glad the color chart has helped alot of you all out. I let my contact at DC know!

MARY - Thanks, yes, only 2 bucks!! Doesn't get much better~

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
This policy is valid from 07 December 2009


This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact getchanailsdid@yahoo.com.


This blog does not accept any form of cash advertising, sponsorship, or paid topic insertions. However, we will and do accept and keep free products, services, travel, event tickets, and other forms of compensation from companies and organizations.

This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.


To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org