Thursday, February 26, 2009

WHAT IS KONAD

Sometimes I forget and think EVERYONE knows the same things that I do. I had someone ask me "What exactly is konad?", and it made me realize that there was a time when I didn't know what Konad was either. So I am just going to do a basic little run down of what konad is, how to use it & most importantly where to get it.


WHAT IS IT:

Konad Stamping Nail Art ™ is a new and innovative nail-imprinting kit that allows you to stamp beautiful pre-designed images on your nails in minutes! Our kits do not hold back on quality, it delivers beautiful delicate images that hand painting cannot achieve.
Not only are the kits cost effective and time saving, but they are also versatile; You can also use them on accessories like sunglasses, cell phones, earrings, and almost anywhere you wish!
(Taken from Konadusa.com)
Konad is sold in several different handy kits that you are sure to find at least one that will suit your needs.

HOW IT WORKS:


Apply base coat or regular polish on nail.



Apply Konad Special Nail Polish to desired image within a plate.


Scrape across Plate with the Scraper to remove excessive polish.


Quickly press the stamper onto the plate to pick up the design.




Stamp the image onto your nail with a gentle rolling motion or just press down and lift up immediately.



For lasting wear, apply top coat slightly and quickly. (see above for instruction)
(All images and text taken from konadusa.com)




Pretty easy, right! Me personally I picked right up on how to do it. I have heard of others having a little trouble at first, but after a few tries they get it down. I do have a little advice for those of you who are thinking of purchasing this.


First:
Make sure you get the plastic scrapper. Your kit might include a metal one, but it is best to go ahead an buy a plastic one. The reason why I was told is because the metal ones will scratch up your metal image plates. See below:


The black scraper is the all plastic one. The pink one has a metal edge that is used to scrape the paint off.

Second:

Konad will tell you that their special paint is what you NEED to use. Obviously you can see through all the konads I have done, this isn't the case. However, I do think it is nice to have a couple of the konad paints like the white and black. They work really well.

WHERE TO BUY:

Konad USA's website caters to USA and Canada. They have a FIND A RETAILER map here.

KONAD STAMPING NAIL ART - This is where I placed my order for some more plates. But you can buy everything you need here too. Here is an example of one of their kits:

Konad Custom Advance Set
Contents:- 4 Small Special Polish (Your Choice)-

3 Image Plates (Your Choice)-

1 Stamp-

1 Scraper

This kit costs $29.90

They have kits that run from $13.90 all the way up to $399.00.

Their indivual plates run $5.90 ea.

WOWSOCOOL - This place will sell just about the same things as the website listed above. The prices at both places are about the same too. The only difference I can see is that WowSoCool ships from the US and Konad Stamping Nail Art will ship out of Japan.

So what are you waiting for? Go get you one and start having fun with nail polish :)

8 comments:

The Pretty Brown Girl said...

Great tutorial for a newbie like me! :)

I actually went on and ordered a starter kit. I think I'll get some extra plates as well. I'm kind of excited about giving it a try!

Brooke said...

Oh goody!! I would suggest practicing on an unpainted nail to get your technique down first. I learned the hard way and had painted all of my nails first and then did a crappy first konad. That way you get a chance to get a feel of how to stamp and what not :)

Congrats!

Anonymous said...

I think I'm gonna get this Konad Custom Advance Set..I love that you can choose the polish and plates.... and it ships to Greece!!Thanks Brooke!!

Brooke said...

KATIE - Oh good Katie! I'm so glad that it will ship to you. There are soooo many plates to choose from - good luck with that :)

Lucy said...

Well it's going to be a long Lenten season for me. Thanks for the good Konad pictures. Especially thanks for the good idea of using an unpainted nail. I would have painted all my nails and tried the Konad. I'm definately going to buy a system. Someone had a list of the polishes that work with Konad, but I don't remember who.

Brooke said...

LUCY - Lol, how long is Lent? I learned the hard way about not painting your nails when first trying it out, lol! It was one of those DUH!! moments :) I just try the polish out and see if it works. I think alot depends on the colors too. Like sheers wont really work that great in China Glaze - but the romantiques in china glaze have all worked really well.

Anonymous said...

hey i already had it done at chicago when i was doing my intern. There is logics new art house that does it. That is awesome.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
This policy is valid from 07 December 2009


This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact getchanailsdid@yahoo.com.


This blog does not accept any form of cash advertising, sponsorship, or paid topic insertions. However, we will and do accept and keep free products, services, travel, event tickets, and other forms of compensation from companies and organizations.

This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.


To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org