Wednesday, February 11, 2009

SALLY HANSEN PRODUCTS

Don't know if you guys have seen or heard about these new Sally Hansen nail art pens. I just saw them here on Nessasary Makeup. So while out hitting the drugstores at lunch I checked on getting me some. CVS didn't have any, I did find some at Walgreens, but they were almost sold out. There was only 3 colors left to choose from, so I picked the #04 Hot Pink and the #08 Gold. These were a little pricey at $7.99 each, so I am glad they only had a few left, or knowing me I would have ended up about 4 or 5 of these :) Don't know how they work yet, but if you check out the link here to Nessasary Makeup, Vanessa has some pics where she tried them out, and has done a review of them too.
The cool thing about these pens is that they are water based. It says on the package that you can easily correct any mistakes by simply using a moist cotton swab without damaging dry nail polish! Of course you better remember your top coat, or one washing of the hands and all your hard work is down the drain - literally! LOL - I couldn't resist on that one! I'm corny I can't help it :)
The second Sally Hansen product I got was Grow Nails Now! I paid $5.99 for this at CVS. I like the name! Sounds like it is telling my nails to grow now or else.... As most of you know, I like wearing artificial nails, however I have taken them off and vowed to give my natural nails a chance. Waiting is not a strong point for me. I really hope this will help my nails out and get them growing before I put my fakies back on. I am almost 100% positive that these short nails is the main reason for the lack of nail art from me. I just feel like short nails just zap my creative nail art mojo. So Grow Nails Now!!!!!
Thirdly, I purchased Instant Cuticle Remover. Sorry no pic of this one, I forgot all about it when I was taking pics earlier and was too lazy to get the camera out and go through all the hoopla again. I have heard that this is pretty good stuff, so I am giving it a shot. This was $5.49 at CVS.

9 comments:

Sasha said...

You will love the instant cuticle remover. Really goop it on there and wait about a minute. Then scrape all around the cuticle with your thumbnail. I typically it twice.

I love the SH treatments! I use Nail Growth Mircale (gold bottle) and love it- I've used it for years.

Anonymous said...

Instant Cuticle remover is one of my staples, love it!

Brooke you crack me up when you say short nails zap your creative mojo.

Brooke said...

SASHA - I was using that CND Cuticle Eraser, and of course I wasn't just vigilant in using it, but I honestly coudn't tell a difference. I need instantaneous results!

I have the nail growth miricle, it is about 5 years old, so I thought maybe Sally got a little bit more technical over the years and I would try a new one. From what I can tell, this new stuff is like an oil instead of a "polish", the pkg says to rub it in, and to apply it to your cuticles as well. hmmmm, we shall see!

OLGA - I have heard great stuff about this cuticle remover. I am gonna try it out right now!

LOL< well it's true. There isn't enough room to really work when my nails are sooooo short :)

contests and such said...

I did check out those nail art pens, they were at my CVS and I saw them in a permanent fixture. So don't fret about not getting all of them I'm sure they'll be there soon.
I'm not very creative and I didn't want to pay that much for something that will look crappy on me. I know you won't leave us hanging w/o pics of your creativeness. Maybe you will inspire me. I like the Konads b/c they aren't hard to mess up.

The Asian Girl said...

I'm still waiting for a drugstore to make the nail pens BOGO; I only bought the silver one. As for nail treatments, the one that worked for me was OPI Nail Envy...pricey, but it worked!

Lucy said...

Oh please let us know how the Grow Nails Now works. I just had to cut my nails so short that they hurt. I had to do a mojor kitchen cleanup! I used vinegar and also baking soda. But my hands were in water alot. Next time I'll use the rubber gloves.

Brooke said...

NESSA - I am hoping to maybe do something with those pens tonight.

THE ASIAN GIRL - Hopefully this SH treatment will work, if not then I will try the OPI one you suggested.

LUCY - I will def. let you all know if it works. The pkg says results in 5 days. That sucks you had to cut your nails. I have like three that are a little torn on the edges but I just cant cut em! Maybe the will just fuse back together- wishful thinking :)

Colette said...

Good luck with growing your natural nails! I can tell you once you suceed it is such a great feeling of accomplishment. There are so many products out there sometimes it's hard to find the right ones that work for you, but juts keep trying stuff & you'll find what you like best. I am still looking for the perfect combination myself!

Brooke said...

COLETTE - I used to always have long nails as a child and teen. I know they will grow, its just the waiting that kills me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
This policy is valid from 07 December 2009


This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact getchanailsdid@yahoo.com.


This blog does not accept any form of cash advertising, sponsorship, or paid topic insertions. However, we will and do accept and keep free products, services, travel, event tickets, and other forms of compensation from companies and organizations.

This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.


To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org