Friday, February 13, 2009

I'M STILL A SUPER STAR!!


I used my Super Star nail polish last night. I used the color I was most excited about, the Rising Star Razzberry. This is a hot pink nail polish with lots of little holo glitter all through it. Very summery, very hot very pink- lol Right up my alley. I love all things bright. The polish applied really well. I used OPI's Start to Finish base and top coat as my top coat. I was not impressed with the finished product. However, I don't know if it was my top coat or the Super star nail polish. This doesn't appear to have a top coat on it, and it has a little roughness to it. I also have a few chips already, but again, this could be due to OPI's top coat. Something about a polish that claims to be a good top coat as well as a good base coat doesn't appeal to me. I got the OPI free though, so I figured I would try it out. I was going to try and top this with Poshe tonight when I got home, but since I have some chips I probably won't.
You might also note that my index nail broke, so I had to cut it way down. Then before I took these pics, I broke it again I think, you can see a diagonal line going across it........ugh!! I want my fake nails back on!!!!! (but I won't do it just yet)


First up is the Outside shots in full sunlight.



Now the Inside shots:






I also sent an email to Super Star Nail Lacquer inquiring why my shipping was so high. I hope to receive a response and I will share the information I get along to you guys.

7 comments:

Rai said...

I'm in love with that color.

I hate when my nails polish chips. =/

Mine is chipping bad on my right hand.

Brooke said...

RAI - It is a great color! I hope to be able to give you some news about those high shipping costs, maybe they will get down to a reasonable amount.

contests and such said...

This is the color that I have been lemming since I say it on Katee's blog and now that you say it isn't the greatest (even though you aren't sure if it's the topcoat or not) I'm glad I didn't get it. From the pics it goes look grainy and rough. I hate that in a np!

Anonymous said...

What a pretty color! I'll have to try out this brand!

Ms. Katee/e-polishblog said...

Love that on you!! I notice that it dried a bit rough/matte on me, but a nice coat of Seche Vite fixed that! Seche is thicker than most other top coats. Maybe that is why it worked well for me? It is also super shiny. I'd give that a whirl.

Anonymous said...

So pretty!

Brooke said...

NESSA - I think it was the nail polish, this thing was soooo chipped! But I think the roughness could hae been smoothed out with a better top coat.

AMANDA - I really adore bright colors and holo glitter!!

KATEE - I am sure I will be trying this color again soon, and I will top it with a better top coat next time.

OLGA - Thanks! ISn't it though??

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
This policy is valid from 07 December 2009


This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact getchanailsdid@yahoo.com.


This blog does not accept any form of cash advertising, sponsorship, or paid topic insertions. However, we will and do accept and keep free products, services, travel, event tickets, and other forms of compensation from companies and organizations.

This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.


To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org