Friday, February 27, 2009

OLD CHINA GLAZE FAVORITE



Indian Ocean is one of my favorite China Glazes of all time! Hot Apple was another one of my favorites. I literally went through the whole bottle of Hot Apple, don't think I have ever done that with any other nail polish - ever!

I used Indian Ocean last night for the base of a konadicure that is gonna make you feel warm and fuzzy in places you forgot you had - it's that hot (pics of that posted later). I love this color so much that I decided to do a post all of it's own on here. This is a really dark, dark blue, but it has sort of a purplish hue to it. The purple is very subtle, but it is there. I hate the word "blurple" so I'm NOT going to use it to describe this color.



I even took a pic of the back of the bottle to prove how old it is. Most of the BeautyCo sticker is gone (Beauty Co was HUGE here in Oklahoma, bigger than Sally's), but you can see where it starts off with $3! Now when is the last time you saw a China Glaze for $3 regular price (no discount or sale) in a store??? I'm 31 now and I am pretty sure I got this when I was around 18-20 yrs old.
BTW - I got on ebay and did a search for this little baby, it is going for $8.99 & $9.99. All these memories made me order another bottle since this one is almost gone! (I also got me a Hot Apple while I was at it :), I know I said I was gonna cut back on buying nail polish, but these have an emotional bond with me, so that makes them immune to my "no buy" proclamation!!)




So have any of you ever gone through a whole bottle of nail polish?
And if so, what color/brand was it?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well i don't think i've gone through a whole bottle ever. I'm "seasonal" with my nails, i go through long periods where i use np and long periods (couple of months) where i go "nekkid"

But since i've discovered Seche Vitte i haven't had a long "nekkid" period, painting my nails is so much fun now that it doesn't mean waiting around for the np to dry.

contests and such said...

I really don't think that I have ever gone through a whole bottle of nail polish! If I did though it would be Sally Hansen Nail Prisms Blush Diamond. I love that one and have loved it since HS!
This is a great color, I love it!

Lucy said...

Never used a whole bottle. There are too many pretty colors to use.

Sasha said...

I LOVED Beauty-Co! We even had one in Ada and I spent hours in there....

Brooke said...

OLGA - Seche really gave the nail polish companies revenue a boost I think. Girls are doing their nails how many more times a week thanks to that product?

NESSA - Well it was my go to color and I painted my nails with it all the time (obviously).

LUCY - Definatly hard to do, I don't think I could do it now with all the nail polish I have accumulated.

SASHA - I know!! Beauty Co was my store I used to never go to Sally's. They were always so small compared to Beauty Co. Obviously Beauty Co was with the times because they were selling china glaze YEARS ago and Sally's just started selling them this year.

The Asian Girl said...

I'm halfway through a bottle of Chanel Antilope and Jessica Cabernet Creme. Both of my sisters finished both of my bottles of Chanel Vamp (US version) and Black Satin (with permission, of course). The only other one near the halfway mark is Chanel Kaleidoscope, a color I am dreading to buy a back-up for.

Brooke said...

THE ASIAN GIRL - DANG!!! YOu go through them 'spensive ones don't you?

The Pretty Brown Girl said...

I have yet to ever go through a bottle of polish, but I'm sure I will within the next few years. I do my nails a lot more now than ever before.

Anonymous said...

Hi my name is michelle i live in brazil and I looked at several places in here(brazil)
and other site but i cant find this enamel please you can send for me, i send a money if you can this for me my e-mail is a
micheller.guedes@yahoo.com.br or michellereis8@hotmail.com thanks i hope your answer

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
This policy is valid from 07 December 2009


This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact getchanailsdid@yahoo.com.


This blog does not accept any form of cash advertising, sponsorship, or paid topic insertions. However, we will and do accept and keep free products, services, travel, event tickets, and other forms of compensation from companies and organizations.

This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.


To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org