Tuesday, February 3, 2009

GETCHA NAILS DID DINKY!!

Per a request from Dinky stalker, OLGA, I am going to attempt to paint Dinky's nails tonight, so please tune in to see how it all goes!


Olga requesting a mani for Dinky got me doing a little research online about painting your dogs nails. Most of the items I found said it was safe to use regular nail polish, as long as you keep them from licking it while it is wet.


I also found Soft Paws. These are little plastic nail coverings for dogs and cats, that helps protect furniture and such from them scratching. How they work is, you use the adhesive that comes with the nail caps & you fill the hollow nail cap about 1/3 full with the adhesive, then place it over their nail. They say these will last several weeks. I assume they either outgrow them and they get clipped off when you trim their nails or they fall off, don't know which.
The best part - they already come colored! WoW! Great, right? Wrong, if you need the x-small size, they only come in clear and black - b-o-r-i-n-g! Why are you discriminating against the little dogs, Soft paws?? Then a light bulb went off! So I ordered a set (40 nail caps plus the adhesive at $18.95) in clear, and I am going to paint them myself! I won't have to worry about keeping her away from the wet polish AND I will get to paint some KILLER designs on the nail caps, and not have to worry about her moving around too much!



Here are a few pictures of some cat's rocking the Soft Paws:






Here is the colors that Soft Paws offers (that is if you don't have a little dog like me and need the extra small :(





I am going to paint some with regular nail polish and then some with acrylic paint and see which lasts longer or works better! I can't wait to get these, and start decorating them!

7 comments:

Jamie D. said...

Now this I've gotta see... ;-)

Nixxy said...

Oh my GAWD, that is hilarious! I can just imagine trying to get those on a cat! Do Soft Paws come with a blood transfusion kit? #:D

Gina said...

Haha, I once painted my (very, very patient) cat's front claws a very manly shade of baby blue. :P

Anonymous said...

Hi, Dinky Stalker here!

OMG! are you really going to give Dinky a mani?! We might have a reality show there! LOL!

I have a friend who bought those "nail guards" for her black, angora mix, since it was a girl kitty she put on hot pink ones and she looked amazing, really not just cute.

I'm sure Dinky will look great, but then she always does.

Inge said...

Dude, my kittehs would kill me if I tried that lol. Not that it would prevent me from trying...

I'd put the hot pink one on the male cat just to embarreas him!

contests and such said...

Awesome! I tried to paint my dog's (she's an Amstaff- about 75lbs) and I successfully painted 2 nails before she saw me. I did a clear sparkley nail polish that did not last very long. Now as soon as I get close to her with a *closed* np bottle she freaks out!
Good luck! Can't wait to see the result.

Brooke said...

JAMIE - Me too!

NIXXY - Yeah, I think it might be a little harder trying to get these on a cat.

GINA - I bet they looked cool.

OLGA - I think Dinky will be killin' it when I get her nails painted! She's gonna be the hottest thang going since sliced bread baby!

PIXIE - Def. sounds a little dangerous trying to get these on a cat. And cat's hold grudges like no other animal, they would be pissed for days I bet.

NESSA - Amazing how animals can remember something like that just from seeing a bottle of nail polish. Hopefully I can make it fun for Dinky with lots of treats, she likes cheese!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
This policy is valid from 07 December 2009


This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact getchanailsdid@yahoo.com.


This blog does not accept any form of cash advertising, sponsorship, or paid topic insertions. However, we will and do accept and keep free products, services, travel, event tickets, and other forms of compensation from companies and organizations.

This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.


To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org