Monday, February 2, 2009

FRANKIE JOINS THE NAVY AND GOT SLIMED BABY!

Again, killing two birds with one stone here. I picked out Carolyn NY - Frankie Joins the Navy. This color was very strange. It was really dark in the bottle, verging on almost black. I picked it because it was the closest thing to black that I had in my untrieds. However, when I applied the first coat it was SHEER, even after a second it had a sheerness to it! How can this be so dark in the bottle and come out looking so sheer? I used two coats of Frankie. I forgot to snap just pics of Frankie though, I guess I was really excited about laying Claire's - Slime over the top!
















































Claire's - Slime was really, really thick! This color has a very green clear base to it with chunky, different sized holo glitter in it. I suggest you all run out and get this color - STAT! I LOVE this polish with a passion! The thickness can easily be thinned down, but with all the glitter I kind of liked it a little on the thick side, I think maybe it helped grab and hold lots of the glitter to the brush. To top it all off, this is smooth! No grittiness in site with this color ladies. I can't say enough about this mani! I think Frankie was the perfect under color, since it wasn't so dark it helped keep that sort of teal, greenish blue tint to this mani. Come on gals, tell me what you think of this beauty!!


Also, the blurry pictures were kept to show off all that holo bright shiny - ness!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it! i have to get one of those Slime bottles, it looks gorgeous and you could layer it with colors other than black.

Brooke said...

OLGA - I wish i could have captured all of Slime's glory on camera, but I didn't. Go get you one and you can see what I mean!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
This policy is valid from 07 December 2009


This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact getchanailsdid@yahoo.com.


This blog does not accept any form of cash advertising, sponsorship, or paid topic insertions. However, we will and do accept and keep free products, services, travel, event tickets, and other forms of compensation from companies and organizations.

This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.


To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org