Monday, February 16, 2009

ANOTHER DAY ANOTHER DOLLAR TREE

Me and the bf were out catching some lunch on Valentines day and as we were headed home, I spotted a Dollar Tree. I sat there thinking should I run in?? Of course the nail polish maniac came out in me and I flipped a u-ey (U-turn) much to the bf's shock (lol) and told him I needed to run in and grab something (hehehhe)!!

To my utter delight they had a TON of nail polish, and not only that; they had a ton of nail polish I didn't already have! (insert me doing the running man here!)


Maybelline Express Finish - all of these are Duo-Chromes!!
L-R: Vanishing Venus, Lilac Lightening, Can't read the name will update later, Opal Rush, Shimmer Shell



Colorama Top Coats (you will notice how many of the same ones that I have, be looking for some of these babies in upcoming nail polish contest and giveaways!!)
L-R: Sonic Sunset, Rock Me, Frosty Pink



Maybelline Wet Shine Diamonds

L-R: Clear Cut Diamond, Rhinestone Pink, Jewel's 'n Berries, Luminous Lilac, Plum Solitaire

Look at that gorgeous gold, sparkly color!!! Plus - Wet Sand, what a great name!







Maybelline - Prismetal Purple
Purple to green duo-chrome! Heeeellllooooo ladies!



Maybelline - Opal Rush
A white to blue duo-chrome! Heeeellllloooooo ladies!!



This is another one of the Matte's. I got this one because look at that cool purple color!






Don't even know how to describe this one! Do you see all those color changes??








And then here is the biggest find! I have never seen a green in the coloramas!! Plus I thought this looked an awful lot like my Moonpool. So when I am in doubt, I will usually log onto MUA and do a search on a nail polishes name. Sure enough, this has been listed a dupe for Moonpool. Now Moonpool lovers out there, don't shoot me, but I am not a huge fan of this color. I just don't really fall head over heels for it. It is truly interesting, sure. And I do own a Moonpool, however this was purchased years ago before I knew there was such a love of this color.
So what do you all think of my haul?? All this at one Dollar Tree, can you believe it??
Also, I would love to hear from you Moonpool lovers out there, what is it about that color that drives you all so wild?

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Vanishing Venus and Spice Safari are FREAKING GORGEOUS!!!

GAH!!! i need to find me a dollar tree-ish store that carries np. I actually did a run through all these stores last saturday(fun!)

I got the cheap shoe boxes (yay!) but no np in ANY of them.

Like i said: GAAAAAHHHH!!!

Brooke said...

OLGA - I would die without a Dollar Tree near me! I just went to one today at lunch that I have never been to and it was HUGE!! The lady gave me the low down on their delivery days, so i will be back to check out the nail polish there!

Nixxy said...

Oh, man - I wish we had Dollar Tree here!

Anonymous said...

I finally found the nearest Dollar Tree and went there today. Nothing good at all. :( But at least they had more brand name cosmetics than the other nearest dollar store, so I will keep looking.

auroragyps

Elisa S said...

AAAAAHHHH! Why are your Dollar Tree stores so.....AWESOME?! I've been to the two around my area just to look and nothing :( I'm so disappointed! Man! Enough ranting haha.

That's a great haul you got :D
I love that Vanishing Venus one! :)
So jw, when do Dollar Trees update? haha.

Elisa S said...

Also jw, how do the brushes of the L.A. Colors Nail art pens look like? are they tooth-pick like? :D
thanks

Lucy said...

My God Brooke you are a nail polish Goddess! Very nice and lucky haul. You will be swatching forever. I do look forward to it all.

Inge said...

Nice! I have some Maybellines in those kinds of bottles and they are so good quality!

Jamie D. said...

Goodness, girl...just how many nails do you have? ;-)

Congrats on the great haul!

Anonymous said...

AWESOME haul!!! You got some great pretties there. Silver Speed is a gorgeous silver :-)

Brooke said...

NIXXY - Dollar Tree - the best store I know of! Australia needs to get with the Dollar Tree trend!

AURORAGYPS - That sucks when the DT doesn't carry np. I have ran into several that just dont carry it all for some reason.

HYPER - The lady at this particular DT told me that they get shipments every Wed. and usually have it all put up by Friday!! Of course I don't know if that is how all DT's are.

LUCY - Thank you, but I think I need some extra hands to get through all of these hauls I have been getting lately.

PIXIE - I have really started to like the shapes of the bottles for some reason.

JAMIE - I need some extra hands, that is for sure. I will have to see if I can get my sister to come over and let me paint her nails!

AMANDA - Thanks! I'm really not a big silver person, but I really liked this one. I am interested to see how it applies.

Phyrra said...

Freakin' awesome haul ;)

Brooke said...

PHYRRA - Thanks! I thought I didn't do to shabby :)

Nikki said...

I have just bought 8 of the colorama top coats in a job lot, not sure which colours I am getting but I will show them on my nail blog when they arrive.
Thanks for the inspiration!
Nikki...
http://nikkisnailcreations.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
This policy is valid from 07 December 2009


This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact getchanailsdid@yahoo.com.


This blog does not accept any form of cash advertising, sponsorship, or paid topic insertions. However, we will and do accept and keep free products, services, travel, event tickets, and other forms of compensation from companies and organizations.

This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.


To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org