Wednesday, February 4, 2009

MAYBELLINE EXPRESS FINISH MATTE


While on my Dollar Tree last weekend, I came across a couple Maybelline Express Finish nail polishes, that dry with a matte finish. I picked up two of them. I swatched one of them last night. It is called Matte Plum. I wasn't just real impressed or disappointed with this. I thought the color looked better in the bottle than on me, so I'm glad I only paid 50 cents for it! The other color that came in the package is an army green. I have some Camo Nails planned for that color. So be on the look out for that in the near future too.
Back to Matte Plum, it says on the bottle to not use a top coat (other wise I guess it wouldn't be matte), so I am curious as to how long this color would last on someone that doesn't change their nail polish daily, like me. I think it was worth the 50 cents, 75 cents might have been pushing it though :) I think this might be cool for some konading.









6 comments:

Gina said...

I loved the Maybelline mattes! They came out about 10-12 years ago. The only one I still have is this awesome neon blue. :)

Brooke said...

GINA - Get to Dollar tree and scoop some up then! I can't believe they are that old. I would love to see the neon blue one, that sounds pretty awesome.

Gina said...

My Dollar Tree never has polishes. I check all the time. :(

Then again, the store is about the size of my bathroom closet, so they don't have a whole lot of anything else.

Anonymous said...

The color seems very appropiate for a conservative work environment. I like it.

brownsmoke said...

i love it ... i did look at it a couple of times and thought of buying it but always resisted becuz i have a dark skin tone.. but ... i will grab it now .. it loved to so beautiful on your nail ....


:)

Brooke said...

GINA - So sorry to hear that!

OLGA - Conservative, that's a good word to describe it.

...SAID - Oh goodie! I love it when i cause someone to buy a nail polish! Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
This policy is valid from 07 December 2009


This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact getchanailsdid@yahoo.com.


This blog does not accept any form of cash advertising, sponsorship, or paid topic insertions. However, we will and do accept and keep free products, services, travel, event tickets, and other forms of compensation from companies and organizations.

This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.


To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org