Friday, February 20, 2009

NOTD - MAYBELLINE GRAPE CRUSH


Just to let you all know how bad I have felt about the lack of posts, I used my lunch hour to paint my nails - just for you!!

***Anyone believing that bs???

I didn't think so. I have been missing painting my nails, it was driving me crazy. I didn't have much in my bag of tricks, but I picked out a Maybelline Colorama # 124 Grape Crush. I had to use three coats of this to cover my nails properly. Usually I would say that I don't really mind three coaters, but I DO mind when I don't have any Seche or Poshe and I am at work and have to let me nail dry naturally. I can't tell you how much Seche/Poshe have ruined me! If I don't have a quick dry on my nail polish I promise you I mess it up! Every time! I have been trained now to go about my business in about 7 minutes with Seche/Poshe - natural dry time is much much longer than this and I ruin my nails every time! This was no exception, if you look at the pinky nail you can see where my ring finger gouged it. I am not too tore up over this since I really don't like this color, and will be taking it off and re-doing them tonight when I get home.


Like I started to say, Grape Crush is a definite 3 coater. The brush was also a hassle too. The bristles were really kind of longer than most brushes and it was like they were stuck together, they had no spread-ability to them while applying the nail polish. As with most purples, it was very finicky to photo the color properly, so you will notice only outside and flash shots since the inside shots made this look very blue instead of purple.







7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not into purples but that one i like very much!

Brooke said...

OLGA - I'm glad you like it. I liked the name better than the polish on this one though.

Jamie D. said...

So I *love* Grape Crush (call me silly), and this polish suits it perfectly! :-)

7 Minutes? Seriously? Wow. Even with quick dry drops, I still don't move for at least 30 minutes (and even then, I've been known to gouge a manicure). You've got talent...

contests and such said...

The only speed dry np that I have used was Zoya's color lock system and it almost seemed like it made it wetter and took longer to dry!
Yeah I try not to touch anything for at least a half an hour.

Brooke said...

JAMIE - DO you use Seche or Poshe? When i use either one of those I am able to move and use my hands (with in reason) in about 7 minutes.

NESSA - Do you not have Seche or Poshe? If not, you really REALLY need to get one of those, you will be AMAZED!

Phyrra said...

I miss the coloramas!
I used to love this color line.
I think I had like 12 or 15 of these.
They were so cheap and cute!

Brooke said...

PHYRRA - I had never even heard about the Colorama's until about a year ago! I have a ton of them now though :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
This policy is valid from 07 December 2009


This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact getchanailsdid@yahoo.com.


This blog does not accept any form of cash advertising, sponsorship, or paid topic insertions. However, we will and do accept and keep free products, services, travel, event tickets, and other forms of compensation from companies and organizations.

This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.


To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org