Tuesday, February 3, 2009

CHROME TOPPED CHERRY TOPPING

For my last "masterpiece" (hehehe) I did a konad-icure. I saved this for last, because I knew that is what I wanted to wear all day today. For the base coat I used Misa - Cherry Topping. Misa, yet another color of yours that I love. This is what I believe is called a "jelly" polish. Such a gorgeous color, and cherry topping is a great name for this. I decided to use for my konad paint, my new Sally Hansen Chrome polish in Black Pearl Chrome. BPC worked great as a konad color. It really looks like liquid silver on my nails. I did have a little bit of harder time getting this centered on my nail, because BPC seemed to dry a little quicker than the konad black paint that I have used previously. Again though, unless you are just really studying my nails, it isn't that noticeable. Once again, I forgot to see what plate I used to create the konad, I will try really hard in the future to make a mental note to remember!




These first pictures were taken last night, right after painting and konading:





(USELESS FACT OF THE DAY: That Christmas tree design in the background was my jammy pants! lol)














And just like cherry topping on top of my bowl of ice cream - this didn't last long!! Cherry Topping has no staying power. These last three shots, I just went outside and snapped 'em before making this post. So this polish only lasted from about 10:30 last night until 1:30 today when I took these pics. Look at all that tip wear. And if you couldn't tell by the amount of posts I have done today, it's not like I have been busily typing here at work. Not to mention that I had two coats of Poshe on these too.

****UPDATE - WIXBETTY, one of my great readers brought it to my attention that this "tip wear" might be shrinkage from my topcoat and not tip wear at all! I painted these right before bed last night, and didn't really pay much mind until I went to take my outside shots today. I think she could be right! Thanks for the information Wixbetty :)







8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Since the amount of tipwear is consistent over all four fingers, could it be shrinkage from the Poshe instead?

I know certain polishes pull back from the nail edge with quick dry topcoats unless you wrap the edge of the nail.

(and/or use a non-quick-dry topcoat over the color and under the quick-dry. I usually do both to prevent this from happening.)

Love the silver over the red, by the way- have to try it myself! =)

Brooke said...

WIXBETTY - You just might be right! Usually I will notice shrinkage, but since I finished this so late last night, I went to bed shortly after and didn't really take much notice until I went to take my outside shots today. Thanks for the info, I am going to add this in an update, I would hate to spread false info about the lovely MISA's! :)

Anonymous said...

Dang! what a pity about the shrinkage, the red/silver combo looks great.

Inge said...

I love it! I bought some SH chromes on ebay, but they've just been chilling in my closet.

Gotta dig them out and copy this :D

Brooke said...

OLGA - I know, I hate shrinkage- grrr! Thanks, though. I really was pleased with the chrome too.

PIXIE - Get in that closet of doom and get them suckers out!

Jamie D. said...

Wow! Those really turned out great!

On polishes that I know are prone to tip pull-back (shrinking), I swipe it over the top of the nail first, then polish the rest. That helps anchor it in place - something you may want to try with that one.

I love the silver on red...cherries indeed!

Nixxy said...

Ooh me likey :)

Brooke said...

JAMIE - Thank you! I will have to try that next time, thanks!

NIXXY - Me happy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
This policy is valid from 07 December 2009


This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact getchanailsdid@yahoo.com.


This blog does not accept any form of cash advertising, sponsorship, or paid topic insertions. However, we will and do accept and keep free products, services, travel, event tickets, and other forms of compensation from companies and organizations.

This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.


To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org