Sunday, February 1, 2009

MIRROR IMAGE

Here are my Maybelline Mirror Image lovelies! Doesn't look like much in their packages, huh! When I saw these at Dollar Tree (DT) I wasn't for sure if these were going to work. They claim to give you a "mirror effect". I was really skeptical, so I only grabbed three packages of these my first trip to DT. So when I got home I tried these out, I was really anxious to see if these were going to be all they claimed they would be. Ladies - these totally are worth it! I was really impressed and knew I would be going back to DT to pick up the remaining packages of these! I now own all 8 of these, lol.
This is a two step process. First you paint your nails with the white, creamy looking one. It says not to shake this bottle. Next, after the first coat is dry, you add the silver one. The silver one looks in the bottle sort of a matte color. It also goes on the nail looking very matte as well. However, as the polish dries it starts to get that mirrored look that it claims to have. I would compare this to the pics of the Minx nails that I have seen. The package says that you can add multiple coats of this to enhance the mirror image effect. I used two coats of this.
OUTSIDE, IN LATE AFTERNOON SUNLIGHT

While looking for something shiny to compare these to, I had to look no further than the Coors Light bottle I was currently consuming! It was a perfect match I think :)


So tell me, does anyone know if these are hard to find? Did I find something really cool? What do you all think of this nail polish?

8 comments:

Colette said...

I'm not exactly an expert, but I've never seen or heard of these before. I would love to stumble across them at one of my own local DT though!

Brooke said...

COLETTE - These are AWESOME! I think the perfect base for some konading.

Nixxy said...

I think they're all cool - can't get most of them in oz at all! (I think maybe we get the SH hard as nails, but in blah colours). I'm intrigued by the mirror image ones...

Brooke said...

NIXXY - These Mirror Image ones are the bomb! I have never seen anything come this close to a true foil finish!

Sasha said...

Love the Coors Light bottle pics! That polish looks awesome!

By the way, we need to meet sometime.... and drink some beer!

Brooke said...

SASHA - Coors light rocks my world sister :)

I free every Friday night, my older sister always keeps my son for me on Friday nights, so let me know when you are free! Boy - didn't have to twist my arm to drink some beer with ya, huh?! Really I would love to meet sometime and have a few - just let me know!

Anonymous said...

WOW! I need one of those Dollar Tree stores in my neighborhood the stuff you find there is amazing.

Pretty please try to swatch that SH black with holo glitter soon, i'm dying to see it on the nail!

Brooke said...

OLGA - I will be doing some swatches of that one either tonight or tomorrow! So please check back! I think it sorta looks like My Private Jet, but I don't have anything to compare it to other than pics.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
This policy is valid from 07 December 2009


This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact getchanailsdid@yahoo.com.


This blog does not accept any form of cash advertising, sponsorship, or paid topic insertions. However, we will and do accept and keep free products, services, travel, event tickets, and other forms of compensation from companies and organizations.

This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.


To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org