Thursday, January 8, 2009

OLD NAIL POLISHES

Going through my stash last night I came across a couple of polishes that I thought my fellow addicts might like.

OIL OF OLAY - #445 ELECTRIC RED
Does anyone remember Oil of Olay making nail polish? I sure don't.


A LA MODE by ORLY - #614 BLUE METALLIC & #502 BERRY SENSATION
I used to love these! Berry Sensation (look at my poor bottle) was my GO TO color for summer, oh so many summers ago!


SINFUL COLORS - #218 THIMBLEBERRY
This used to be my FAVORITE nail polish color, I have two bottles of this still. But I am also showing you guys this because of the bottle shape. Sinful colors sure has come a long way. Does anyone know if they still make this color?

ORLY - #84 FLAMING RUBY
This is another one I am showing just because of the old bottle shape Orly used to have. I must have really liked this color though, because this was another that I had two bottles of.

SaQu - #? Name? DASHER?
This is one that I wondered if any of you all had heard of? This is a pretty big size bottle of nail polish. I have no clue where I got this from. Do any of you all know anything about SaQu?

MAYBELLINE - SNOW GLOBE TOP COAT
This one has been thick since the day I bought it about 5 or so years ago. Back then I wasn't aware of fingernail polish thinner. I need to get some and thin this out and use it again.
Another one I am curious if any of you nail polish know-alls remember.

Well that is all of my strange, unusual or semi-interesting nail polishes I have. I would kill to know what all nail polish I have foolishly thrown away.


Berry Sensation & Thimbleberry are the two colors from above that bring back the most memories for me & I will probably always keep those bottles.
Do you guys have any nail polishes you hold dear to your heart just because, not just because it is a hard to find or really expensive?

5 comments:

Inge said...

I just got a brand new Thimbleberry from Cherry Culture so they still make it!

Sasha said...

I hold Loreal Sheer Heat close to my heart- I love that color and still have it.

I had some of those old Orly bottles, not sure if I still do.

I also used to have a Cover Girl bottle of Sugar Plum Fairy I used to wear in high school (I graduated in 1992) and the bottle had a special slanted bottom that you could tilt to the side to help you get the polish out better. Loved that bottle.

Brooke said...

PIXIE - I have never heard of Cherry Culture. I will have to check it out. Thanks for the heads up.

SASHA - I knew I wasn't the only one with nail polish memories :) That slanted bottle sounds pretty cool.

Anonymous said...

omgosh, i used to love the snowglobe top coat, it looked so awesome over this green polish i had called Toad, i got so many compliments on it. id LOVE TO HAVE THAT BOTTLE! lol.

Brooke said...

STACIE - I could never get snowglobe to work right, that's how come the bottle is still so full. IT is so thick now, I should try to thin it down and try it over green. Thanks for the comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
This policy is valid from 07 December 2009


This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact getchanailsdid@yahoo.com.


This blog does not accept any form of cash advertising, sponsorship, or paid topic insertions. However, we will and do accept and keep free products, services, travel, event tickets, and other forms of compensation from companies and organizations.

This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.


To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org