Thursday, January 22, 2009

MY MAN'S MANICURE

Last night, after weeks of pestering me to do one on him, I finally got around to giving my Boyfriend a manicure. His is really rough on his hands, his family owns a bricklaying company, so you can imagine what his hands look like on a daily. He was really resistant to my taking pictures for some reason, so I didn't get in as many as I would have liked to, but I got a few.


Let me start out with what items I used:

I forgot to show my little manicure dishes & the "soap" he soaked in, in the pic!



BEFORE:I used two manicure soaking dishes



I added warm water & some foot softening liquid soap (I figured it would work for hands just as well as feet)


After letting his hands soak for about 10 minutes I asked him to keep one in the dish, while I worked on the first hand.


I used my metal cuticle pusher and got to work on those cuticles of his while they were still soft from his soak. Since his were so bad, this took a little bit more work than I had anticipated.


After the initial cuticle pushing, I then rubbed in my Super Nail brand Cuticle Softener & Remover just to really get in there and get those cuticles where they needed to be.


I also use the other end of my metal cuticle pusher to clean out from under neath the nails. That's where you find all the good stuff :) lol


Next I rubbed in some CND Cuticle Eraser for good measure ;)


Next, I used my clippers and trimmed down his nails.


As most of you know, a glass file is the way to go for natural nails. Mine is from Nail Tek and I got it from a local beauty supply store. I used the file on all of his nails for a nice rounded look.


If you notice on the picture above the purple thing. Well it is a Super Fine sort of buffer thing. I got it from Sally's. I really like it because it is so fine it is gentle on your nails. I used this all over the tops of his nails, making sure to go in a downward motion over the tips of his nails. I like to do this so that there aren't any sharp edges that can still scratch after you file.


I then used my SKINN lotion to moisturize his hands. I massaged it in for about 3 minutes for each hand.


The last step I did was to clean under the nails one more time, as some of the lotion likes to collect under the nails.


And that's it! That took me about an hour, but of course his hands took a little more work because of the cuticles than normal.




Here is Dinky, patiently waiting for her turn last night:


5 comments:

Ms. Katee/e-polishblog said...

Wow, great results!

So he was bugging you for a manicure?? I have been bugging my boyfriend for like 100 years to let me give him one! He cannot sit still for that long and just has no interest in it. His hands look awful and he really needs one. It bugs the crap out of me that he won't let me give him one.

Brooke said...

KATEE - Yes, he pestered me about it! Especially his feet, he is always wanting me to do his feet, too.

Anonymous said...

You did a fantastic job on your bf's hands!

Of course he didn't allow you to take many pics, he works at construction!! Can't let the other guys see him getting a mani, he'll never hear the end of it EVER!!

Or maybe you'll be inundaded with requests.

Where are the pics of Dinky's mani?

Brooke said...

OLGA - Thanks. I'm sure it was a little bit of both. He cracked me up, he didn't want pics taken but as soon as I was done he had the camera flipping back looking at all the pics I took.

If I could get someone to hold that little baby I would paint her nails!

Anonymous said...

Awww! i'd hold the Dinky for you, problem is you wouldn't get her back! AAHAAHAA!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
This policy is valid from 07 December 2009


This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact getchanailsdid@yahoo.com.


This blog does not accept any form of cash advertising, sponsorship, or paid topic insertions. However, we will and do accept and keep free products, services, travel, event tickets, and other forms of compensation from companies and organizations.

This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.


To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org