Friday, January 30, 2009

I'M IN LOVE AND HIS NAME IS KONAD

I love Konad and I don't care who knows either :)


My wonderful blogger buddy Pixie of Polish Pixie was so tired of hearing me make comments about her konad, and staring at her konad, even a little drooling over her konad, that she finally said enough is enough! She sent me my very konad so I would quit talking about hers all the time.

After my quick dazzle dry manicure I had so much extra time, I thought it was as good a time as any to pop my konad cherry! I am so pleased with the results! I did a couple of practice nails before I started my dazzle dry mani, so I had an idea of how to do it before I did the real thing. I only messed up one nail, my pinkie. Guess I got a little excited and couldn't wait a few minutes more before putting on my top coat - whoops!


Look up there! I even took a picture of my other hand so you all could see how easy konad is to use!

I forgot to look and see what plate I picked - sorry, my first time with the konad had me all shook up. But when I saw those little open dots on the top and bottom I new I needed to add a little sumpin sumpin - so I placed a gold, round sequin on each nail. So tell me, what do ya'll think about my konad skills?



NOTE TO PIXIE: rest assured, I will no longer harass your konad - I gots me my own now thanks to you :)

7 comments:

Kajsa said...

Happy Konads day! ;)

Anonymous said...

Cool! Now you'll need to get a bunch of the other plates...it's addictive. You did really well for your first Konad! Mine was soo messed up- I think I got it everywhere but on my nails!

Colette said...

Great job! I have some (bad) pics of my first Konad attempt & let me tell you, while it was easier than I expected, mine didn't come out nearly as nice as yours.

A note on putting on top coat - I have found the black special polish to be the worst for streaking. All of the other colors I have, and even the Romantiques I have used, you can put on top coat just about right away no problem, but as you discovered, the trick is to just give the black a few extra minutes to dry & it's all good.

Inge said...

*Hugs Brooke*

That looks fantastic. Love the addition of the gold. You did an awesome job, girl!

You can still talk to my Konad if you want. I don't want it (her/him/them???) to miss you too much!

Anonymous said...

Your nails are looking great! They're so smooth, didn't you just get acrylics removed? What's your secret? I remember when I got mine taken off (years back) my nails were a rough mess! They can't have grown out that fast...right? Share! :)

Brooke said...

KAJSA - Exactly! :)

GLITTER - I already got me some plates picked out! I want that argyle one for sure :)

COLETTE - Thanks for the tips. I found it to be pretty easy, but I think maybe the full nail plates might be more dificult to use.

PIXIE - Thanks! The gold dots looked much better in person, I just couldnt capture it on camera for some reason.

ASAMI - Yes, I did just take off my acrylic nails. They are smooth, but what I did to get them that way probably wasn't the best thing to do, but I do it anyway! I use one of those buffing blocks and smooth out my nails. Without nail polish they look like crap, but in a few weeks they will start to look more healthy, but I totally don't recomend this, as it isn't the best thing for nails :#

Brooke said...

ASAMI - Also, they are sort of long because I soaked my nails off, which I was able to leave the length on them, but they are weak, so I don't know how long the length will last before they break, but I am trying to save them - keep your fingers crossed!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
This policy is valid from 07 December 2009


This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact getchanailsdid@yahoo.com.


This blog does not accept any form of cash advertising, sponsorship, or paid topic insertions. However, we will and do accept and keep free products, services, travel, event tickets, and other forms of compensation from companies and organizations.

This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.


To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org