Thursday, January 22, 2009

CHINA GLAZE CAT'S EYE - SOCKED UP A NOTCH

Good morning! Today I have for you a beauty of a NOTD. I finally went to Sally's last night and I got some nail polish thinner. I know, welcome to the party already Brooke! I bought this particularly for two very old China Glaze nail polishes I have. I have Cat's Eye and Moonpool. Both of which are very thick, or at least they were. Now they are thin and smooth like they were when they were my new little babies so many years ago.


Earlier this week Olga was trying to find a greened out gold, and Wagon Trail still wasn't quite what she was looking for. I told her I thought Cat's Eye would be perfect, however, I have no clue if Cat's Eye is still available or not. I checked on the Nail Polish Gallery to see if there were any swatch's up and the search came back with nothing. I took a couple pics of the bottle and lid so you could see how old it is, it is their old design and logo.





After I got done painting this color on, I just knew a perfect accompaniment would be my lovely gift from Pixie, my Nfu Oh #60. As you can tell from the amount of pictures I took, I really, Really, REALLY liked this combo :) The pictures are in a variety of lighting from just my lamp. to flash, to the fluorescent light in my kitchen, all an attempt to capture the beauty of this. I think I did a 75% good job, but there is still a little lacking that was only visible in person. It kind of took on this really dark olive green color, with flashes of green and bronze and gold and orange and red from the flakies. My nails were literally singing to me ! ! !

Has anyone every heard of China Glaze Cat's Eye? Does anyone know if this is still available?

4 comments:

Ms. Katee/e-polishblog said...

Never heard of Cat's Eye before! It reminds me of Wagon Trail w/less black. Love it!

Brooke said...

KATEE - Thanks. I have had a hard time finding anything out on this color, and no one else seems to have it or heard of it.

Anonymous said...

Cat's Eye it is! That's the color i was talking about.

When you top it with Nfu Oh it looks the way i was hoping Wagon Trail would look, burnished olive green with pretty gold flashes.

It's probably not available anymore but that's ok, it is not one of those staple colors i'd use a lot and i'm sure some other np company will issue it.

Brooke said...

OLGA - Oh, good I was hoping you saw that post. I thought that was the perfect color. I haven't found anyone that has even heard of this color before, so I am sure it is long gone. I think I have had it so long because it is one of those barely used colors.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
This policy is valid from 07 December 2009


This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact getchanailsdid@yahoo.com.


This blog does not accept any form of cash advertising, sponsorship, or paid topic insertions. However, we will and do accept and keep free products, services, travel, event tickets, and other forms of compensation from companies and organizations.

This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.


To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org