Monday, January 26, 2009

NUBAR VINEYARD SWATCH'S

OK! I finally got around to swatching most of my new Nubars. But before I get the the beautiful pics I would like to tell you all how I came about my wonderful Nubar Vineyard collection.


About a month ago I was contacted by Lisa Cocuzza from It's A Glam Thing.
Here is what her site says it is about:

It's a Glam Thing offers services including VIP gift bags, on-line, consumer & newspaper publication reader give-aways and event sponsorship. You'll find It's a Glam Thing give-aways in publications such as 101 Hairstyles, Staten Island Parent, Complete Woman, Sophisticates Hairstyle Guide, Today's Black Woman, Redbook and more. Fashion, beauty, accessory and health items are included in our bevy of gifts. If you are a company looking for introductions to mass audiences and elevated hype, a product junkie or fashionista looking to see what's hot and how to stay on top of the trends or a consumer trying your luck at winning great gifts, we're here for you.


This Nubar collection is just one of the great products that Lisa has sent to me. (The Skinn lotion I have been using on my heels is another, a post of this coming very soon!) I urge you all to enter in her monthly drawings she has on her site, which you can get to simply by clicking here. I can not say enough nice things about Lisa! She has always personally responded to all of my emails promptly, usually the same day. It's those kind of personal touches and attention that I think truly make Lisa and It's A Glam Thing a great company! Thanks to Lisa, It's A Glam Thing and Nubar for letting me test out this wonderful collection!


Ok, now on to the collection. I would like to say that up until last week I have never owned or tried any Nubar's other than their nail art pens (which I LOVE). Pixie sent me my very first Nubar I tried, which was the Peacock Feathers. I found all of these polishes to apply well. The colors shown in the bottle all transferred well to my nails. These polishes all needed three coats for them to look their best, but you could get away with only using two if you were in a hurry or something.


First up is Barbera (I believe these are all named after wine, but since I don't drink wine I am not certain). This is more of a darker pinkish red than I could capture with my camera. I really liked this color, it really could have used three coats, but two is sufficient.



Ahhh, Dolcetto, my FAVORITE of the collection! This color was absolutely gorgeous! I used three coats for this, just to give it that extra boost of color and it was well worth it! This photographed pretty true to life. Such a gorgeous plum shade of purple.

Next I have Merlot. This is a muted maroon color. I used only two coats of this, and it looked good. But I still think three is what makes these colors really shine on your nails. While this color isn't unique, it is pretty.



These next three looked so close in color in the bottle that I decided to do them side by side, plus since I just took my artificial nails off the same day that I did these, I think the nail polish remover was tearing up my nails a little more than was needed, so I cut it a little short!
CORVINA was my second fave of the bunch. This was a dark, deep plum that looked almost black on my nail. I think in sunlight it would show more of the purple tones, but since it was night when I did these, I'm not sure. Beyond that though, this color was gorgeous! I would say it is up there with Zoya - Casey which everyone raves about. I just got my Zoya Casey, so I will do some side by sides of these two shortly. I did three coats of each of these colors.
MUSCATO applied the worst of the bunch as you can see. I had that weird dragging up by the cuticle that some colors tend to do. This color is a dark, vampy red.
CABERNET was just a so-so color for me. It really didn't seem special. There is nothing wrong with the color, it just wasn't exciting to me.

There are two more colors that I did not get to, but I will in the near future. I can give you my opinion of this collection though. I recommend this collection to anyone that likes creme nail polishes, as all of these are cremes. These all applied well (w/the exception of the dragging with Muscato). As far as Nubar polishes, I was really impressed by them! I had no bad brushes and the bottle shape is nice as well.

4 comments:

Nixxy said...

Drool! Have to get some Nubars. And the natural nails look great!

Sasha said...

Off to check out It's a Glam Thing!

Brooke said...

NIXXY - Getcha Some!!! Thanks, I will see what I can do to get these babies long and strong :)

SASHA - You will totally loe It's a Glam Thing!

Anonymous said...

Lovely! My favorites are Dolcetto and Merlot they look yummy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
This policy is valid from 07 December 2009


This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact getchanailsdid@yahoo.com.


This blog does not accept any form of cash advertising, sponsorship, or paid topic insertions. However, we will and do accept and keep free products, services, travel, event tickets, and other forms of compensation from companies and organizations.

This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.


To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org