Friday, May 8, 2009

SILVER & PINK KONI

Last night I got my mom to deviate from her usual Brown / Pink base with gold grass konied on top.......it's cute, but it was time for a change :) She was going to go with a pink base and a green palm tree stamped, but it wasn't working out quite right.


The design we finally settled on was a base of China Glaze - Emotion, a frosty pink shade. Then to stamp with we used China Glaze - Awaken, a frosty dark silver/charcoal. The stamp we chose came from plate M64. the design has some thick lines and thick lines, so to jazz it up I went over the thin lines with my silver Stripe Rite nail art pen (the same one I used for my NOTD yesterday). Even using my np thinner, those nail art pens will get thick on you in an instant. I think this would have looked better with a more contrasting color used for the stamp, like a gold, it would have made the silver additions stand out a little bit more. She seemed pleased with it, so that's what counts. I think I would have liked this better if my silver NAP (nail art pen) was working better. Anyone have any suggestions??













9 comments:

Helen said...

That's super nice!! Great color combo. Emotion is a stunning polish (I have that one myself) and I've been looking at this Konad plate specifically for this pattern, it's lovely!

Lacquer Laine said...

I love that line design from that Konad palte and you made it better with your "jazzing up"! LOVE IT!

Brooke said...

VANESSA - This was a really easy design to use too. I thought I might have trouble lining it up, but it seems to not show imperfections as much as I thought it wold.

LACQUER LAINE - Thanks! We both thought it needed a little something something to spice it up!

Mary said...

Love the color combo's and that pattern is great! You're so talented :)

Lucy said...

Very pretty combo. Your Mom's nails look very pretty. I bet she is loving these skills you have. How's your sister who is pregnant doing?

Brooke said...

Mary - Thank you very much! I have always like pink and gray together.

LUCY - Thank you! She asked me if anyone thought her nails were fake, I said no one has said anything to me so far. But they are real. Yes, she does enjoy getting her nails done quite a bit.

My sister is doing good, thank you for asking! I might be using her for a product review really soon.

Chrissy said...

Wow, really nice!! That's so fun, your mom lets you do her nails. My mom is kinda...weird. Doesn't like makeup or NP, I have to practically convince her to at least wear lipstick out! Lol.

Cheryl said...

I love having Brooke do my nails. She does such a beautiful job. But I think the pink w/ gold for spring and summer and brown and gold for fall. Red and gold for Christmas.

Brooke said...

CHRISSY - lol - well I guess some people are just like that!

MOM - Imagine that - gold, gold gold!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
This policy is valid from 07 December 2009


This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact getchanailsdid@yahoo.com.


This blog does not accept any form of cash advertising, sponsorship, or paid topic insertions. However, we will and do accept and keep free products, services, travel, event tickets, and other forms of compensation from companies and organizations.

This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.


To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org