Monday, May 18, 2009

NOTD & LIFETIME MOVIE NETWORK

I have a plain jane NOTD for you all. I actually didn't do much with my nails over the weekend. This is what I did to them yesterday. I had intentions of adding a little konad to these babies, but Lifetime Movie Network got in the way.



This color was a little bit of a let down. The shade is so pretty - if you are in direct sunlight! If it isn't, the color takes on a dark, brown tone. blah - -


ooooohhhh, pretty right? too bad it doesn't always look like this - see below!

This is an accurate picture of this color. This is what this polish looks like 99% of the time. I look really good walking from my car to the house and from work to my car though . . . . . . FAIL!



Speaking of FAIL, no konad because I was busy watching the world premiere of Lifetime's Do You Know Me. I have been watching previews for this movie for about a month now, and it looked soooo good. What a big, fat let down!!! I like my Lifetime movies full of crazy, murderous people (crazy women killers make the best Lifetime movies). This movie had so much potential - A young woman is shocked to see herself on a milk carton as a "missing person" and decides to investigate. She soon finds herself on the run from both sides of the law. This movie went wrong on so many levels; it was not like the previews made it seem, too many characters were involved, tried to go for a big twist and failed, the only people that died were ones you didn't even really care about, it was just a big fail! Great concept poor execution imo!


I did see previews for another good movie coming up on June 21st - everything about this movies screams corny - right up my alley!! Get this, the name is called KILLER HAIR - lmao! I can hardly wait!! Here is what it says the movie is about:
Fashion reporter Lacey Smithsonian stumbles on the story of a hair-raising murder in Washington, D.C. and gets knocked off her high-heeled stride when her ex-boyfriend turns out to be the detective on the case. Believing you are what you wear, and that everything you wear is a fashion clue, Lacey uses her style-savvy sense to get to the bottom of the series of murders at her best girlfriend's hair salon. Based on a novel by Ellen Byerrum.
How totally stupid does this movie sound? At least I will go into this one expecting a dud :)



Did any of you catch Do You Know Me? What did you think about it?

9 comments:

Helen said...

I think I have that polish...maybe - need to check the stash.
I don't mind the brown, but then I like browns. But it is so annoying when you have to keep checking your polish to see if it's flashing the goodness and being disappointed when it isn't.

Those movies sound insane - and somewhat unintentionally hilarious!

Rai said...

Lifetime was showing ALL the good movies this weekend, especially Saturday!!

LMFAO @ THE MOVIE! The movie looked a bit lame on the commercial to me, so I didn't bother. I keep forgetting to watch that Natalie Holloway one, just was curious of how they portrayed her. I'm pretty sure it was dead on...at least for the bit I saw.

Nice polish. It's very vamp-ish.

AND WTH! That movie sounds like a waste of money. rotflmao.
Lifetime needs to step it up!

Mary said...

That's pretty, just stay in the sunlight with it! Maybe you'll like it more in the Fall? I don't watch TV much, but I had seen an ad for it and it didn't look bad. Too bad it was lame :)

Sasha said...

Your nails are looking so good! I love the shape.

Nixxy said...

I know what you mean about that polish - I hate colour like that!

I miss having cable - the Hallmark channel here used to show all those types of movies - hilarious! They always seemed to star either a washed-up sitcom star or a washed-up singer-turned-actress. And they had such stupid titles, too!

Lucy said...

I love that polish shade. I haven't worn it yet. I guess you can't go inside. I gave up on Lifetime movies. They always disappoint me. The other movie does sound more up my alley also. But I doubt I'll watch it.

Alexlyndra said...

Too bad it looks that dull in other light than sunlight. While in sunlight it's beabutiful!

Brooke said...

HELEN - Browns are ok - but when a polish looks like it does in the sun, then that's what I want it to look like all the time I guess :)

RAI - I missed the movies on Sat., I didn't start watching until Sunday dang it!

MARy - Sure!! I will just move my desk outside to work! I will tell my boss you said it was ok! lol

SASHA - Thanks girl!! I been working on these puppies :)

NIXXY - I have the Hallmark channel too, they have too many good endings and too many love stories for my taste - crazy women killers that's more my speed :)

LUCY - You have to give in to the cheese when you watch lifetime and laugh at the movie - that's what makes them soooo good!

ALEXLYNDRA - I know, right!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
This policy is valid from 07 December 2009


This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact getchanailsdid@yahoo.com.


This blog does not accept any form of cash advertising, sponsorship, or paid topic insertions. However, we will and do accept and keep free products, services, travel, event tickets, and other forms of compensation from companies and organizations.

This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.


To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org