Friday, May 8, 2009

I NEED THESE NAILS IN MY LIFE!

While scoping out a new nail blog, I cam across a picture of some of the cutest nails I have seen in a long time - plus they look semi easy enough that I could do them.




First off the name of the blog is SEOULDIVA. I was going to add this blog to next weeks New Blogs on the Block post, but these nails can't wait!! This girl has some fantastic nails - if you like jewels and nail art. From what I can tell she gets her nails done at a salon in NY (man I would LOVE to go to this salon!!).

EDIT - The name of the nail salon is called Sakura, on the Upper East Side in NYC. It's a Japanese Salon and you know how they're SUPER into nail art!


The nails that I am going ga-ga over are some French Marine Nails from the Japanese nail mag Nail Venus. Here just take a look at these:




How freakin' awesome are those?? I want these in the worst way. My only concern is being able to do them on myself. I showed them to my sister in hopes of her letting me do them on her, but they were a bit much for her taste. SOOOO I think I am going to throw caution to the wind and try to do these on myself. I might only have that anchor on one hand though if it proves to be to difficult to do on myself.


The pictures that I have for you aren't the best, I had to copy the page from the magazine and then scan it in to the computer, so the image sucks. But if you head over to SEOULDIVA'S post on these nails HERE, you can see a couple of the pictures she took of the girls actual nails that was getting these done.

12 comments:

Rai said...

Oooh those look super cool!

But I headed to my Walgreens for those Sally Hansen polishes, THEY DON'T HAVE THEM! =[

Violet LeBeaux said...

OMG those are so cute! I love sailor themed things.

You should totally try it out, I've done anchors out of bullions before and it's not as hard as you'd think, just do the middle line first so you can get it really straight and use a clear polish to glue them which doesn't dry straight away so if you make a mistake you can just move them around with a cuticle stick until it's right.

I can't wait to see pics!

Chrissy said...

That looks amazing!! I'd attempt to do that but it'll take me forever and just frustrate me to no end. Lol!

Nixxy said...

Hello sailor! Super cute! :D

Lucy said...

I love sailor suits for little kids. I owned a white dress with anchor buttons and a sailor collar. I loved that dress. It was a thick cotton and I digress. Love the nails. I'd love to see that manicure.

clockwork said...

That's wicked adorable!

Helen said...

Wow! It's totally OTT but fabulous!
Looking forward to seeing your version.

Tuli said...

These ones are so cute :-) What a nice idea is to do these sailor nails !

gio said...

Those are so cool!

Lucy said...

Brooke have a Happy Mothers Day!

heather park said...

Hey chica - thanks for the link love! The name of the nail salon I go to is called Sakura, on the Upper East Side in NYC. It's a Japanese Salon and you know how they're SUPER into nail art! Good luck with the Marine French Design!!

xx,
hp

Brooke said...

RAI - Thanks. I wonder what the deal is with those darn SH's??

VIOLET - Thanks, some how I knew you would like these!! We both like the over the top Japanese stuff though!

CHRISSY - You never know, it could be easier than you think!! :)


NIXXY - LOl - hello to you too!

LUCY - Thanks. Yeah, I think just about every kid has worn a sailor suit at some point, huh!

CLOCKWORK - Isn't it though?? I can't wait to give it a shot.

HELEN - I love these OTT Japanese nail designs!


TULI - Thanks - I hope to give these a go reallysoon.

GIO - I think so too!

LUCY - Thank you - hope yours was goood too.

HEATHER PARK - Thanks for the info! You are so lucky to have such a great shop you can go to! I will add the shop info to the post!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
This policy is valid from 07 December 2009


This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact getchanailsdid@yahoo.com.


This blog does not accept any form of cash advertising, sponsorship, or paid topic insertions. However, we will and do accept and keep free products, services, travel, event tickets, and other forms of compensation from companies and organizations.

This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.


To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org