Wednesday, May 6, 2009

EARLY B-DAY PRESENT

Last night when I got home from work, Ricco (the BF) asked me to come over and look at his nails. When I did, I noticed that one was really shiny. So I asked him if he had used my buffer. He said "no", and when I asked how it got so shiny he said he had just been "rubbing" it - lol! Nice try, butterfly! Right then and there I was pretty sure I was getting some sort of a nail buffer for my b-day.




As usual, I got to the dining room table later that night to do my nails, when out comes Ricco and puts a bag on the table. He surprised me with an early B-day present. . . . . .a nail buffer! lol Actually it was more than just a buffer, but dang he is worse than my 6 yr old son at trying to keep gifts a secret.


This is my nail kit he got me:




It came with a buffing block, with four different sides. A lotion that he picked the scent of. A cuticle tool. Cuticle oil.

It claims to brighten and whiten the nails as well as shine them up. My nails did get a little bit whiter, so I was def. pleased with that.
Oh man I wish I could capture how shiny these things were! My nails looked like GLASS.



I love love love the applicator for this cuticle oil! I like the bottle shape too.
It is like a lip gloss applicator. The top of the bottle sort of squeezed out excess oil when pulling it out of the bottle. And with the cool applicator, it allowed me to put just enough oil ONLY where I wanted it. I didn't end up with oily fingers.
He got this from one of those kiosks in the mall, you know where they are always trying to get you to come over so they can use their treatments on you. That's where he got the one shiny nail from! Have any of you all tried this before?
This was a nice, very thoughtful gift - good job Ricco!

14 comments:

Mad'moiselle Cé said...

Awww, he's so cute and funny with his single shiny nails ! lol

Love the little rabbit on the bottle too !

Anonymous said...

That is so cute of him!Happy Birthday Brooke!I wish al the happiness you can get and more!!!Have a nice B-day day!!

Tuli said...

How sweet of him ! And what a shiny nails you have there ! And also, the cuticle oil sounds cool and the lip gloss applicator is a great idea !

Helen said...

Great gift; he really knows his girl..! ;)
Smart applicator wand for the cuticle oil!

GirlAboutTown said...

aww your bf is so sweet! and that kit looks really awesome.

Helen said...

What a lovely gift. Top boyfriend points.

Will he let you do the rest of his nails now? :0)

Velvet said...

Very sweet of Ricco! Enjoy using your new nail kit!

Violet LeBeaux said...

That is so cute that he couldn't keep a secret! Happy early birthday :D

Anonymous said...

Aww, what a nice guy! Make sure to buff the rest of his nails!
My dad is a very manly man, but he likes having his nails buffed. I told him it was "sanding." He liked that better.

Lucy said...

Ricco is a sweetheart to get you a present that you'd like. Nails really look shiny. Happy Birthday again sweetie! This is one gift you can even do with Ricco and your son. Good man grooming is tops.

nivipa said...

*And* the cuticle oil has a really cute bunny picture on the back!

Happy birthday, Brooke!

clockwork said...

what a sweet present and how cute tat he couldn't keep it a secret as well.

elashaw said...

lol! to cute, i need to find me a man who would buy me a nail pampering kit ; )

Brooke said...

CELINE - Lol - it was pretty funny!

KATIE - Thank you so much!

TULI - Thank you. yes the applicator is so very nice and easy to work with.

VANESSA - Thanks :)

GIRLABOUTTOWN - Thank you so much. yes it was a pretty sweet gift from him :)

HELEN - Did you say let? He was basically demanding me to finish them as soon as I opened it, lol.

VELVET - Thank you, I will.

VIOLET - Thank you :)

GLITTER - Men are so funny about stuff like that, aren't they? lol

LUCY - Thanks so much. I have already used it on the bf - but my son probably wouldn't let me do his. He is at the age where girls suck and boys rule - and this falls under girl stuff - so it must suck! lol

NIVIPA - Yes, that little bunny sure is cute.

CLOCKWORK - he sucks as secrets - lol!

ELESHAW - Thank you and good luck on that man hunt :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
This policy is valid from 07 December 2009


This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact getchanailsdid@yahoo.com.


This blog does not accept any form of cash advertising, sponsorship, or paid topic insertions. However, we will and do accept and keep free products, services, travel, event tickets, and other forms of compensation from companies and organizations.

This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.


To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org