Tuesday, December 29, 2009

WHO LIVES IN A PINEAPPLE UNDER THE SEA?

Why, it's SpongeBob SquarePants of course!



STARFISH PATRICK
Every time I say this name it comes out "starfiss" instead of starfish, eerrr! I *liked* this polish but I can't say that I can just rave over it. I knew that these were going to be sheer, so I was at least prepared for that. This is four coats. I think this came out looking better in the pictures than it actually did on my nails.





BIKINI BOTTOM
Again, I was prepared for the sheerness of this polish. That doesn't make it any less disappointing though. This was four coats, but I really think it needed another one. This was more of a grayish blue than I was expecting when I put it on. I think this would work better over a base color of white, blue or even gray.





SQUARE PANTS
This was the one that I thought I was just going to love. And I didn't. Don't get me wrong, I like it, but I don't love it like I wanted to. I was surprised when I was editing these pictures that this polish has some shimmer to it. I wish it didn't. I think I would like it better with a jelly finish like Bikini Bottom. Maybe that is why this fell flat with me.





All in all, I'm glad that I got some RBL polishes for my collection. I don't think that these particular polishes were even worth the half price I paid of $9. I wish that I would have gotten one of the creme polishes since that is what everyone raves about.

9 comments:

Gina (Prim and Polished) said...

Bummer!

I am not a sheer fan myself. I will steer clear of these. Thanks Brooke!

Unknown said...

I wanted to love these too - for the names! They all look nice, and I really like the way Bikini Bottom looks, but it is too bad it took 4+ coats. and I totally agree with you - Squarepants should not have a shimmer - I think I would have liked it more too as a jelly. But they do have adorable names :)

Dee said...

I have purchased a few RBL in the past, but cannot see what the big whoop is about. I skipped their last sale. Your pictures look nice, though.

*jen said...

THANKS YOU for killing my lemming for Square Pants. I always assumed it was a jelly or creme, so finding out there is a shimmer in it just puts that bad boy down for me.

xoxo
*jen

Anonymous said...

That's a shame you weren't impressed with them!

I do like the Orange polish, but for four coats I don't think I have the patience for that

Never Enough Nails said...

I never use polish that takes 4 coats to be opaque. I was feeling sad about skipping the RBL sale, but now I don't really. The only thing I really want from there is Frugalista glitter.

Paige said...

Now I am glad that I skipped the sale, because these would have been the ones I would have picked!

Olga said...

I agree, Brooke, they look pretty but they are so pricey so i understand that you should love a them not just like or tolerate.

I'm sorry you are dissappointed, but these things happen. Maybe the next RBL's will be better suited for you.

Lucy said...

These do look fantastic on you. I have all three now and haven't tried them. Maybe I should learn to look at all the lovely swatches and not buy anything.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
This policy is valid from 07 December 2009


This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact getchanailsdid@yahoo.com.


This blog does not accept any form of cash advertising, sponsorship, or paid topic insertions. However, we will and do accept and keep free products, services, travel, event tickets, and other forms of compensation from companies and organizations.

This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.


To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org