Tuesday, December 15, 2009

NUBAR - PRISMS COLLECTION

Inspired by the colorful play of light through a prism, those bands of light and color are embodied in nubar’s Prisms Collection. Each shade in the Prism Collection is filled with holographic glitter reflecting every color of the rainbow, with base colors just as varied, ranging from subtle neutrals to vivid pink to pale blue. Going a step beyond holographic nail lacquers, nubar’s Prism Collection is a celebration of color and light. As all nubar products, they are free of formaldehyde, phthalates, and toluene, as well as vegan and cruelty free.




SPARK
I'm loving this sable colored holo shimmer. Even though I would consider this a "mature" color I really, really liked it on. I think this would be a great polish for those of you with job's that restrict your nail polish colors.




JEWEL
MOM, you are going to l-o-v-e this color. This one has holo glitter to it and it just shimmers and winks, even in low lights. This is a nice warm brown color and I just loved this polish. I'm not even a big brown fan, but this polish gets one for the win!




(Shown in low lighting to showoff all the glimmer it still is putting off)

GEM
Wow, this color was a strange (in a good way) one. I want to say it is a duo chrome. This changed from looking mauve to gray. This is another one that had the holo glitter pieces in it. This is a great winter color, it is so unique. I really loved this color too!



(See how my tips are gray while the mauve is showing at my cuticles?)

ESSENCE
This one I wasn't too impressed with. It had the holo shimmer to it. I think this fell flat with me because the pink color matched my skin color too much. I think some of you darker ladies could really rock this color better than me. The pink shade was also a little too "mature" for my tastes too.




TREASURE
This is a holo shimmer polish. I was expecting something like Color Club's Wild at Heart, but this isn't anything like it. This has less holo shimmer and is quite a bit more sheer than Wild at Heart. This is three coats shown and you can still see it is a little bit sheer. I don't know if they were going for sheer with this color, but I just found it to be so-so. I prefer the deeper purple color of Wild at Heart and the stronger holo sheen that it has too. That said, I would still wear this color again.





BRILLIANT
Another holo shimmer polish. This was on the sheer side too, but it really worked for this one I think. I don't even like sheers but something about this one really caught my eye and I kept looking at it. This is a darker pink than Essence, and it worked better with my skin tone.




ABSOLUTE
I thought this one was going to compare with China Glaze's 2Nite - but it isn't. Again these are nothing like the China Glaze OMG collection. This blue was much like the purple one, Treasure. It has that sheer quality to it, and the holo shimmer isn't as strong as I would have liked it to be either.





PRIZE
Prize really is the prize of this collection. This one has the holo glitter in it. This color reminds me of Massini Slammin' Red, but the glitter particles are much finer in Prize. This is a pink red shade that just looks awesome! This one also shimmered and sparkled even under low lights too. I couldn't quit looking at this polish, it is super duper pretty.







I really liked this collection. I was surprised that I liked the polishes that had the holo glitter better than the holo shimmer. There were some hits and misses in this collection (depending on your tastes) but a really good collection as a whole. I know that I would buy this whole collection if I hadn't been given one for review. I think most of you holo freaks out there would agree. The drying time on these was normal to slow. Again, I was comparing them with the holo's I have used in the past, which usually have a quick dry time. However, these didn't give those streaks and bald spots I have gotten with other holo's in the past either. Also the ones with the holo glitter may require a second top coat to really smooth them all out, but the glitter pay off is totally worth it.

I think NUBAR has been killing it with their collections lately. I love their thought process behind their collections. They don't just come out with some random polishes and throw them together and call it a collection. Their collections have a running theme and I really dig that. This collection will be available Jan 1st, 2010 and I believe run $49.50 for the whole collection.

18 comments:

Lucy said...

Thanks for getting to these swatches so quickly. I'll be ordering the whole collection. I love holos and can't resist them. Prize is my favorite. Jewel is another beauty. The rest are nice but where is a green? Darn why doesn't someone do a green. Your nails look beautiful, even in the "mature" shades.

Unknown said...

Those are great I definitly need Prize!

jaljen said...

I like Prize too. The others? Nah.

Colette said...

Overall, most of these are just gorgeous - and we get to see plenty of them since you're still rocking the talons =) I think I will for sure get this whole collection, plus that green holo they came out with earlier this year, as soon as my no-buy is over. But at the same time, they're not quite so *OH MY GOD* that I feel the real need to break my no-buy for them, you know?

polishedlyrics said...

These are beautiful! Thank you for swatching them so quickly. I need Prize, its the best one in the bunch!

kelsealaurel said...

I WANT THEM ALL!!!! lol, what I actually came over here to say was thank you for trying to add me to your blog list!!! I'm sad it's not working... Hmm. =( It's the thought that counts though! haha.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous! Prize is a must have, but I'm a holo freak so I'm getting them all. That purple reminds me of OPI's Sanderella. I need to find mine one of that and I'll send you a comp swatch

Rachel said...

Thanks for the swatches but none of these are jumping out at me. I have all the CG holos already. And BROWN? AUUGH! Looks like a glittery you know what.

Nessa said...

Thanks for posting this so quickly. This collection is just gorge!
I want every single one. I better start saving up!

Cali369 said...

All gorgeous swatches, but heck, Prize is just fabulous. I want.

Admin said...

These are so beautiful!

Tuli said...

Those are gorgeous !!! I love them all ! Thanks for your quick swatches :-)

Kirsten (The Dutch Nail Blog) said...

Could it be that they added holo to a duochrome in GEM? That would open up a whole new can of cool!

PolishPig said...

I love holos, and my ultimate goal is to own every holographic polish in the world.. XD

So, of course I will buy these! I love the beige and brown ones, they are probably work safe, and gem looks like a true gem - a mix between holo and duochrome - that is a dream come true :-)

1xellus1 said...

loving PRIZE & SPARK! hubba hubba! Can't wait to be able to purchase these gems! thank you so much for sharing! :O)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
asianaggie07 said...

They are available right now. I'm so excited!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
This policy is valid from 07 December 2009


This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact getchanailsdid@yahoo.com.


This blog does not accept any form of cash advertising, sponsorship, or paid topic insertions. However, we will and do accept and keep free products, services, travel, event tickets, and other forms of compensation from companies and organizations.

This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.


To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org