Wednesday, December 2, 2009

HANDMADE CUPCAKE CHRISTMAS ORNAMENTS





UPDATE:
First - THANK YOU for all the really kind and sweet words from you all on these little cuppies. Due to the response of these babies, I will do a little tutorial on how I made these and what materials I used and have it posted tomorrow.



How stinkin' cute are these??? I wanted some cupcakes for my "sweets" themed tree I have up this year, and cupcakes are really in right now so I thought finding some would be easy. Wrong! I found a couple on the Internet but they want a ridiculous amount of money for them. I even tried a Christmas decoration store here in the City and found the cutest glass cupcake garland . . . for $26 bucks!! Are you kidding me? I would need at least two of them to go around my little shorty 4' tree! That's too rich for me.

So my next option was making some, but I had no clue how to go about it. So I did a little searching on the Internet and found some for sale on Etsy that I thought I could recreate. So I went to Michael's and got the items I needed and made these last night.

I have to pat myself on the back for these. I think I did a really good job and I couldn't quit smiling last night and squealing with joy over them.

Since I have a mini tree I used the little mini cupcake liners and mini glass christmas ornament balls. To make the "frosting" I used a paint mixture, squeezed it out on the ball just like frosting and used a knife to spread the frosting into place. I used glass beads for the "sprinkles". I cut up a floral stem that I think originally was some sort of holly berry or something, and used that for the cherry.








I was pretty pleased with myself at this point, but I thought they needed a little sumptin sumptin, and do you know what that sumptin sumptin was? GLITTAH of course!! SO I sprinkled brown glitter over the fudgy chocolate frosted ones, and silver glitter over the vanilla frosted ones. I think it added just the right touch of sparkle.









These really needed to dry overnight to get completely dry, but when they were dry to the touch I couldn't help but put hooks on two of them and put them on the tree so I could see what they looked like. These really topped my tree off and added the perfect touch, and I really love that I made them myself!






23 comments:

Polish'd Cindy said...

VERY cute! Love it!

Rachel said...

Sweet fancy moses what how I must make these now!!

Paige said...

Those are so freaking cute!!!!

Nessa said...

These are adorable!
*pat on the back*
You really did a great job!

HeavenNRJ said...

Wow! They look so YUMMY and real! Make sure you've warned (a couple of times!) everyone not to try it! lol

Cheryl said...

Those are so cute! I cant wait to see them and your tree.What do you figure was your cost per ornament? It would be interesting to know.

Brooke said...

MOM - Around a $1.00 or less. These were for sale (in the bigger size) for $4.00 ea plus shipping on the Etsy site.

Stiletto said...

OH...MY...GOSH!!!

Cuteness Overload!
Man your talented!!!

Liz (iceomatic's nails) said...

You are awesome. These turned out just perfect! :) They might be a tiny bit dangerous. I would be so tempted to eat your tree!! *crunch, chew* LOL

Unknown said...

Those are the cutest ornamants ever! You win the crafty Diva award!

Sarah said...

I would love to know specifically what you used...what kind of paint etc...these would make great xmas gifts! They are soo cute!

Deez Nailz - Canadas most fabulous hand model said...

oh my goodness, how lovely - you have so much talent to come up with this...... is that a textured paint medium?

L said...

How stinkin' cute is this! OMG Love it!

polishedlyrics said...

These are too freaking cute! I love them, you did a wonderful job Brooke! They look so real.

PolishPig said...

This is just too much! Here I am on a low carb diet, and you make cupcakes that are just too sweet to eat!

Great!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Brooke-
Love this idea! I'd like to make these. You mention a paint mixture. What did you use specifically?
xoxo DanaCerise

konADDICT said...

these are TASTY! what a delicious little design! IM squealing! Really!

Oh and I might add.....you really "baked" an even better bunch then the ones on etsy! I love to improvise off an original, see how I can re-interpret it. YOU DID A BEAUTIFUL JOB.
smiles!

Lucy said...

Those are beautiful and yummy looking. Your so talented. You constantly suprise me with the things you come up with. I think you need to bump Martha Stewart a little. Love your red Christmas tree. I have a white one.

Jamie D. said...

Those are just too, too cute! I'm going to have to make some myself...what perfect little gifts! :-)

Katie said...

Love them! Way too cute!

Unknown said...

Those are so cute!! I could just eat them up!

Thanks for the tutorial. Those will make great Christmas gifts :)

Shayla said...

OMG, so cute!!! What a great idea! And I love your sweet-themed tree! :)

Kae said...

Oh man, those look ready to eat! What an awesome idea and you did such a great job I looooooove them! Your tree is so neat (^^)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
This policy is valid from 07 December 2009


This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact getchanailsdid@yahoo.com.


This blog does not accept any form of cash advertising, sponsorship, or paid topic insertions. However, we will and do accept and keep free products, services, travel, event tickets, and other forms of compensation from companies and organizations.

This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.


To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org